National Scottish New year’s dinner! It’s time for a steak pie. If you too can’t get enough of it, try Gordon Ramsay’s steak pie. It has a delicious beef filling cooked long and slow. This pie is served with steak chips, potatoes, and many more. Read this article now and try this recipe.
Gordon Ramsay’s steak pie has a delicious pie crust and a meaty filling seasoned with salt and pepper and delicious spices. In each bite, the tender beef just melts in the mouth and the crispy pie crust compliments the delight. You might have tried many versions of steak pie, but Gordon Ramsay’s version is the best. So, keep scrolling to know the recipe and get ready to make this delicious pie.
For Gordon Ramsay’s steak pie, mix flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the beef slices. Pan-fry the beef until golden brown. Add tomato puree, Guinness, shallots, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic to this pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for at least 1.5 hours. Transfer it to a pie dish. Roll the pastry and cover the pie dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
So, why don’t you try this recipe now? You’ll get detailed instructions in the recipe card below. All the equipment and ingredients are mentioned in the recipe card. Please rate this recipe and save it for later.
Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Pie Recipe
- Chopping Tray
- Pie Dish
- 1.6 pounds Lean Braising Beef
- 4 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 12.3 ounce Shallots (peeled)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Thyme Springs
- 17.6 ounce Shortcrust Pastry
- 17.5 ounce Guinness
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Add flour to a medium-sized bowl. Add salt, pepper and rub this mixture over the slices of beef.
- Pan-fry the beef until it’s golden brown. Pour tomato puree into this pan and cook it for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add Guinness, shallots, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic to the pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it and stir. Cover the pan and cook for at least 1.5 hours. Remove the bay leaves from the pan and discard them.
- Add this meat to a pie dish. Roll the pastry and cover the pie with the pastry. Brush the pie crust with egg and bake in the preheated oven (200 C) for about 15-20 minutes.