If you are looking for a perfect, quick, and foolproof way to cook flat iron steak, look no further. This Bobby Flay flat iron steak recipe is super delicious. Oh yeah! It melts in your mouth and is heavenly. Flat iron steak is an innovative recipe for all beef lovers. Its tenderness is extremely incredible. Check out the recipe with the gas grilling method.
Before cooking these flat steaks, be sure to season them well with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then grill them to perfection. Now prepare the sauce with tomato paste, onion, garlic, oregano, and wine. Simmer on low heat, strain, and drizzle over the flat steaks. You see! It’s that quick and easy to make.
When cooking flat iron steaks, there are various methods you can use. Either you can grill, broil or pan-fry it too. However, grilling is the perfect option. If you don’t marinate it before cooking, that’s never a problem with these flat iron steaks. They are so tender and juicy that you can skip the marinating process.
So, are you ready to make intensely beef-flavored iron steaks? This will definitely become your instant love. You will only need a few simple ingredients to make it. The exact measurements, equipment, and nutritional information are listed below. Here is an overview of what you will need. Refer to the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Sausage Gravy
- Bobby Flay Hanger Steaks
- Bobby Flay Pizza Dough
- Bobby Flay Beef Chili
- Bobby Flay Shrimp And Grits
- Bobby Flay Meatloaf
- Bobby Flay Grilled Steak
- Bobby Flay Crispy Rice
- Bobby Flay Meatballs
- Bobby Flay Salisbury Steak
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak?
- Grilling Pan – Grill flat iron steaks on medium to high heat on a grilling pan.
- Tongs – Use tongs to flip the flat iron steaks.
- Cutting Board – Place cooked flat iron steaks to slice them equal in size.
- Knife – Use a knife to cut the flat iron steak slices.
- Saucepan – Make the sauce drizzle over flat iron steaks in a saucepan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak?
- Flat Iron Steaks – Get flat iron steaks beef cuts to prepare the recipe.
- Onion – Add onion to the sauce for savory flavors.
- Garlic – Garlic brings a nice aromatic fragrance to the sauce.
- Olive Oil – Use olive oil to drizzle over flat iron steaks for seasoning.
- Tomato Paste – Stir in tomato paste to prepare the base of the sauce.
- Red Wine – Add red wine for a flavor boost to the recipe.
- Butter – After the sauce is cooked, add butter to make it smooth and shiny.
- Oregano – Season the sauce with oregano to bring the aromatic and earthy flavor.
- Salt – Season the flat iron steaks with salt for a balanced taste.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper to flat iron steaks spice up the recipe.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak
1. Cook The Steak
Preheat the grill. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the steaks. Drizzle olive oil and grill for five minutes on each side. Transfer steaks to the cutting board and let it cool for ten minutes.
2. Prepare The Sauce
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and cook for two minutes. Whisk constantly.
Stir in wine and simmer until reduced by half for about ten minutes. Strain the sauce in the bowl and remove the solids. Add some more butter chunks to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve Steaks
Thinly slice steaks. Divide in the serving platter. Drizzle over the sauce we just prepared. Enjoy flat iron steaks!
|Calories 189||189 kcal|
|Total Fat||11 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak Look And Taste Like?
I love Bobby Flay and his adventurous mindset on this recipe. If you’re looking for a new way to prepare steak with spices, then follow Bobby Flay’s way. The flat iron steak is a cut of beef that is prized for its rich flavor, buttery texture, and marbling. It is so tender, juicy, and full of flavors. With spices, tomato paste, wine, and spices, the sauce completes the recipe.
Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak Recipe
- Grilling Pan
- Cutting Board
- ½ Pound Flat Iron Steaks
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic (Clove)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Tomato Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Season steaks with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Preheat the grill pan. Cook steaks for five minutes on each side. Keep it aside.
- For preparing sauce, heat oil in the pan. Cook onions, and garlic for three to five minutes. Now add tomato paste and cook for five minutes. Whisk in wine and simmer until reduced to half.
- Strain sauce through a sieve and discard solids.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is flat iron steak?
Flat iron is a cut from a beef shoulder.
What is the best way to cook a flat iron steak?
Seasoning flat iron steaks well is the best way to cook and get tasty steaks.
Is flat iron steak chewy?
Flat iron steaks are usually chewy and have a juicy texture.
What temperature do you cook a flat iron steak?
Cooking flat iron steak on medium to high heat on a grill pan is a good option.
Want to cook rich flavor beef recipes? Make Bobby Flat flat iron steak for its robust flavors. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.