Simply put – this Bobby Flay hanger steak recipe will take your steak experience to the next level. They are much richer in flavor, tender and juicy. A quick dinner meal you can prepare with minimum ingredients.
Start with cutting and trimming steaks. Then marinate in the deliciousness of dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt. Fire up the grill and enjoy these thrilling steaks for dinner.
You can add a few twists to your marination process for flavorful hanger steaks. For example, add Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and red pepper flakes to kick your steaks extra.
This recipe takes the guesswork out of making the juiciest and most delectable steaks. So grab your apron and get started with the recipe. I have given you detailed instructions and equipment details. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Grilled Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fajitas
- Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
- Bobby Flay Sauteed Kale
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Bobby Flay Parker House Roll Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sangria Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Hanger Steak?
- Bowl – Combine marination ingredients into the bowl.
- Knife – Cut and trim hanger steaks with a chef knife.
- Baking Dish – Once marinated, place steaks on the baking dish and refrigerate.
- Barbecue Grill – Prepare a barbecue grill with oiling grates.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Hanger Steak?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||2 Hours||25 Minutes||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Hanger Steak?
- Hanger Steaks – Are you a steak fan? Then enjoy this hanger steak recipe.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard will add some flavor to your meat.
- Lemon Zest – For marination, use lemon zest to tenderize the steaks.
- Olive Oil – Oil the grilling grates and place steaks to cook thoroughly.
- Garlic – For creating fragrant steak, never mind using garlic.
- Rosemary – Finely chop the rosemary and use it for scheming the steaks.
- Salt – Sprinkle salt over the steaks for a balanced taste.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Hanger Steak
1. Cut Hanger Steaks
Take a two-and-a-half pound hanger steak. Trim the membrane and remove it properly. Cut into the lengthwise.
2. Marinate Steaks
Now let’s prepare the marinade for hanger steaks. Take a bowl and combine dijon mustard, chopped garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Spread this spice mixture on the steaks. Place steaks on the baking dish. For perfect marination, we will keep it in the refrigerator. Marinate for two hours. You can also marinate overnight.
3. Start Grilling
Get your grilling ready now. Remove steaks from the refrigerator. Let them come to room temperature for a while. First, clean the grates with a brush and then oil them. Fire up the grill and place the steaks in the hot spot.
Brush the remaining marinade over the steaks. Grill the steaks for six minutes on each side until golden brown. Keep the flame medium now.
4. Serve Hot
Once the steaks are grilled, remove them from the grill. Cut them into slices. Serve and enjoy.
|Total Fat||8 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Hanger Steak Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay hanger steaks have a great flavor compared to other steaks. It has a decent amount of fat, making a juicy, tender, and flavorful steak. As they grill, they become dark brown and charred, imparting a smoky flavor.
Bobby Flay Hanger Steak Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Barbecue Grill
- 2½ pound Hanger Steaks
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprig Rosemary
- Salt (to taste)
- Start with trimming steaks and cut them lengthwise to use in the recipe.
- In a bowl, combine dijon mustard, chopped garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper flakes. The marinade is ready.
- Spread marinade all over the steaks.
- Refrigerate steaks for marinating for two hours.
- It’s time for grilling the steaks now. Fire up the grill and place steaks.
- Cook for five to six minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
- Once grilled, cut them into slices and serve.
- Bobby Flay hanger steaks are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is hanger steak?
Hanger steak is a cut of beef that comes from the shank end of the animal. It is a small, tender, flavorful cut that works well on the grill or in braises and stews. Hanger steak is sometimes called “butcher’s steak” because it has lower fat content than other cuts of beef.
How to cook hanger steak?
To prepare the hanger steak, start by cutting off the excess fat from the surface of the meat. Next, slice the meat into strips about 1/2-inch thick and arrange it on a plate or foil-lined sheet pan. Allow it to sit at room temperature while preparing your marinade.
In a small bowl, mix sauces and seasonings. Pour this mixture over your steak strips in one even layer and allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for up to two hours before grilling them up!
How do you store hanger steaks?
Store hanger steaks in the freezer. Freezing them will keep them safe from spoilage until you’re ready to cook them. You can also freeze the uncut side of the steak for easier slicing and later serving.
Pre-cooking your hanger steaks is another way to ensure they stay fresh longer before grilling them on the barbecue grill.
What to serve with hanger steaks?
Hanger steaks are great to serve with a variety of sides. Serve it with broiled asparagus, roasted potatoes, glazed carrots, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, or fingerling potatoes.
Which is better? Hanger steak or skirt steak?
Skirt steak are more tender cut of meat. This meat is more fibrous and full of muscles. So, it’s bit chewy also while eating. Moreover, skirt steaks are better to eat with fajitas, tacos, and sandwiches rather than eating it raw.
Looking for a recipe that tops off any great grilling recipes? Nothing will give you more pleasure than this hanger steak. Strictly for steak lovers! Grab your kitchen equipment, prep for ingredients, and start grilling.