That feeling is amazing when you know your mom is cooking something delicious in the kitchen, and you are just waiting for it to complete and thinking when is it coming finally on your plate.
Yes, I can relate to that feeling of eagerness and excitement when my favourite food is being prepared in the house as well. The food which you love is always what you desire for. So that’s what made me present this recipe to you, which as a food blogger, is one of my favourites.
To start with the recipe, let me tell you that this recipe is a special one because of the two known reasons.
- The first reason being the ingredients in it.
- Another reason is the person who is known for his world-class cooking and presenting skills.
The person whom I am talking about is a very successful chef, author and a television celebrity and today we are going to make Beef chili by Chef Bobby Flay. Sounds interesting, right?
This recipe is very famous in the American subcontinent because of the known health facts and the flavours that it has. If you don’t know how to make it, then you are in the right place today. I will share the same recipe of Bobby flay, by which he makes this delicious Beef chili.
So let’s proceed further and start making this beautiful recipe at home. Here is the list of ingredients that you will need for this recipe.
Ingredients for Beef Chili
|Vegetable oil||7 tsp|
|Round beef||4 pounds|
|Ground cumin||2 tsp|
|Kosher salt and black pepper||1 tsp|
|Dark beer||12 ounce|
|Red onion||1 large|
|Garlic cloves||4 pc|
|Chopped Habanero||1 tsp|
|Thai bird chile||1 pc|
|Ancho chile powder||1 tsp|
|Cascabel chile powder||1 tsp|
|Chipotle pepper puree||1 tsp|
|Pasilla chile powder||1 tsp|
|Mexican chile powder||1 tsp|
|Chicken stock||5 cups|
|Tomato puree||16 ounce|
|Chopped semisweet chocolate||2 tsp|
|Maple syrup||2 tsp|
For Toasted Cumin Crema
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Mexican crema||½ cup|
|Kosher salt and ground black pepper||To taste|
The list is quite long and you will get them quickly from any supermarket store in your locality.
This recipe will take its own time to give you the best taste that it has. You have to wait and patiently watch this recipe getting completed. Here are the complete time details.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||2 hours||2 hours 30 minutes|
The time it takes to get completed is long but not long enough to stop you from tasting this fantastic recipe. Let’s move forward and know how to make this Beef Chili at home. Here are the complete steps that you need to follow.
Bobby Flay Beef Chili Recipe
- Take a large Dutch oven and add 2 tsp of oil in it and keep it over high heat. Add 1/3 of beef into it along with some salt and pepper and sauté it until the meat turns brown from its edges.
- Now add the remaining meat and do the same for all, make sure all the water drains out of it.
- Again put this meat in the pan, sprinkle some cumin and stir. Deglaze your pan with some beer and bring it to a boil. Cook the beer until it gets almost reduced.
- After cooking it, remove the meat from pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add onions in it. Cook it on the medium heat until they are soft. Now add garlic and cook them for about a couple of minutes.
- Now add habanero, Thai bird, jalapeno and poblano peppers and cook them until they are soft for about 5 minutes.
- After this, add nacho chili pepper, cascabel chile powder, chipotle pepper puree, pasilla chile powder and new Mexican chile powder and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes and bring it to a boil and wait for another 15-20 minutes.
- Now after the mixture is almost done, add the beef into this mixture and cook it on low heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes until the beef tenders and the chili is thick.
- Adjust the consistency of the chili by adding water or boiling it more to reduce it. Keep the pan covered and let the meat cook.
- After the meat is done, remove the pan from heat and add some chocolate and maple syrup in it and stir it well until the chocolate is melted. Sprinkle some seasoning on the top and serve with toasted cumin crème.
- To make the cumin crema, in a small sauté pan, add some cumin and roast it until golden brown and add some salt and pepper to it. Store in a squeeze bottle and serve with the Chili Beef.
And finally, your recipe is ready to eat. Enjoy this recipe with your family and experience the blast of flavours and richness of the ingredients. I hope you will love this recipe.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beef Chili by Bobby Flay
For some diet conscious people who are always curious about the nutritional values of their meals. Here is the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe done in the table below.
So are you ready to try this recipe? We welcome your thoughts and any other suggestions that you have regarding this recipe. Please reach us out by commenting on your views and ideas in the box below. We would love to add the necessary details and thoughts of yours.