If you are thinking of making a spicy beef chili, then there’s nothing better than Bobby Flay’s beef chili recipe. It is a combination of beef, beer, and spices.
Bobby Flay uses a variety of spices to make his famous beef chili with an unexpected ingredients like chocolate and maple syrup.
He also tops it with toasted cumin crema made from cumin and Mexican crema. It gives the dish a creamy finish and also balances the red spicy hot dish.
To make Bobby Flay’s beef chili, cook meat in a pan with oil. Deglaze with beer and add meat again. Sauté the onions and garlic. Then, cook all the peppers until soft and add all chili powders.
Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, cooked beef, and water. Simmer and then add chocolate and maple syrup. Top with a cumin crema and serve.
Spice up your beef chili by adding some extra cumin or chili powder. For a milder chili, leave out the extra spices and just stick to salt and pepper.
Finally, don’t forget about the toppings! Chili is delicious when topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions, or even just a spoonful of plain yogurt. Get creative and experiment until you find your perfect combination.
This was just a teaser of the detailed recipe. Let’s proceed further and start making this beautiful recipe. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Salmon Recipe
- Bobby Flay Grilled Shrimp
- Bobby Flay Flat Iron Steak
- Bobby Flay Sangrita
- Bobby Flay Standing Ribs Roast
- Bobby Flay Roast Turkey
- Bobby Flay Pumpkin Pie
- Bobby Flay Coleslaw
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Bobby Flay Salsa
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili?
- Dutch Oven – Prepare the beef chili in the Dutch oven until brown.
- Pan – Sauté the veggies and beef using a pan.
- Immersion Blender – Blend the prepared mixture in an immersion blender until it forms puree.
- Ladle – Stir in the spices with a help of a ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili?
For Beef Chili
- Ground Beef – Prepare the chili with some ground beef.
- Chicken Stock – Thicken the chili gravy with two cups of chicken stock.
- Tomato Puree – Tomato puree will bring out thick and tang finish to the beef chili.
- Maple Syrup – Balance the spicy flavors with a pinch of maple syrup.
- Vegetable Oil – Sauté the veggies and ground beef using any vegetable oil.
- Dark Beer – Add a splash of dark beer to emulsify the gravy beef chili.
- Semisweet Chocolate – Any semisweet chocolate will balance the spicey sharpness and gives a nice texture to the beef chili.
- Red Onion – Red onions are best when added to the chili. It bring out a savory blend of flavors.
- Ground Cumin – Adding ground beef to the pan will enhance the earthy flavors in the chili.
- Garlic – For pungent aroma add some finely chopped garlic cloves to the chili gravy.
- Habanero – Bring out some sweet and fruity sharpness by adding a spoon of habanero. It also adds a subtle smoky flavors.
- Thai Bird Chile – Adding a teaspoon of Thai bird chile will enhance the intense flavors and will make the chili spicy.
- Cascabel Chile Powder – Combine the spices with a pinch of cascabel pepper powder. This is a great spice for accenting the rich flavors of the guajillo Chile.
- Chipotle Pepper Puree – The chipotle pepper puree is a paste prepared with chipotle peppers. It enhances the texture of the chili and brings out intensified flavors.
- Pasilla Chile Powder – Adding Pasilla Chile powder to the beef chili is the best option. It adds subtle and mild spicy flavors.
- Mexican Chile Powder – A pinch of Mexican Chile powder will bring the aromatic and savory richness to the chili blend. Moreover, it will also create the flavor profile known as Tex-Mex.
- Jalapeno – Make the beef chili full of tart and tangy sharpness.
- Poblano – Poblano will enhance the mildly spicy flavors of the chili.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the veggies and beef chili with a pinch of black pepper.
For Toasted Cumin Crema
- Mexican Crema – Mix the roasted cumin seeds with Mexican crema to make the chili creamy.
- Cumin Seeds – Prepare the cumin cream with roasted cumin seeds.
- Kosher Salt – Enrich the flavor the chili with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Season the chili with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili
1. Brown The Beef
In a large Dutch oven, add oil, ground beef, and salt. Cook the beef until it is browned and tender.
Add onions and garlic and cook for two minutes more. Then, add habanero, Thai bird chili, jalapeno, and poblano peppers. Cook the mixture until it is cooked through.
2. Mix The Spices
Add all the spices like ancho chili powder, cascabel chili powder, chipotle pepper puree, ground cumin, Pasilla chili powder, and new Mexican chili powder to the Dutch oven.
Cook the mixture for additional 3 minutes.
Add a splash of beer, chicken stock, and tomato puree to the mixture. Bring everything to a boil and then cook for 15 minutes.
Puree the mixture with an immersion blender. Then, add black beans and kidney beans and then cover the lid to simmer the chili evenly.
Remove the Dutch oven from the heat. Add semisweet chocolate and maple syrup and stir in the mixture until it is well incorporated.
Let the chocolate melt and infuse the flavors.
5. The Cream Is Prepared
Finally, place the cumin seeds in a small saucepan and toast until fragrant and golden brown. Remove the cumin from the heat and mix with the crème fraiche.
Stir to combine well. Serve the chili in a bowl and top with the toasted cumin crema.
How Will Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay’s beef chili is healthy and nourishing for the body. With just few ingredients it gets ready in just an hour. The thick, rich, and spicy chili gravy will leave you drooling.
An addition of chocolate and maple syrup has added the sweetness and balanced the spice. Try this amazing chef delight and relish the Mexican flavors right in your kitchen.
Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili Recipe
For Beef Chili
- 4 pounds Round Beef (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 16 ounces Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 12 ounces Dark Beer
- 7 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Semisweet Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 Large Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Habanero (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Thai Bird Chile (seeded and chopped)
- ½ Jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- ½ Poblano (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cascabel Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Pepper Puree
- 1 tablespoon Pasilla Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (as per taste)
For Toasted Cumin Crema
- ½ teaspoon Mexican Crema
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper (as per taste)
- In a large Dutch oven, add oil, ground beef, and salt. Cook the beef until it is browned and tender.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for two minutes more. Then, add habanero, Thai bird chili, jalapeno, and poblano peppers.
- Cook the mixture until it is cooked through.
- Add all the spices like ancho chili powder, cascabel chili powder, chipotle pepper puree, ground cumin, Pasilla chili powder, and New Mexican chili powder to the Dutch oven.
- Cook the mixture for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add a splash of beer, chicken stock, and tomato puree to the mixture. Bring everything to a boil and then cook for 15 minutes.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender.
- Then, add black beans and kidney beans and then cover the lid to simmer the chili evenly.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the heat. Add the maple syrup and stir in the mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Finally, place the cumin seeds in a small saucepan and toast until fragrant and golden brown. Remove the cumin from the heat and mix with the crème fraiche.
- Stir to combine well. Serve the chili in a bowl and top with the toasted cumin crema.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Chili’s does Bobby Flay use?
The general rule,” says Flay, “is the bigger the chile, the less heat it has.” “My new favorite ingredient, Calabrian chiles.
What is the most important ingredient in chili?
The best spice for chili is chili seasoning.
What spice does Bobby Flay always use?
Paprika and coriander are the base foundations for most of Flay’s rubs.
What oil does Bobby Flay use?
Flay says he always has extra virgin olive oil and canola oil on hand.
Bobby Flay’s beef chili is just one variation of this popular dish – so find the recipe that works for you and enjoy!
Grab your apron and get started to prepare Bobby Flay beef chili at home with us. Follow the nitty gritty and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.