Making the perfect pizza dough might seem easy, but it can be really nerve-wracking. Today, I will make this endearing task easier for you with Bobby Flay’s pizza dough recipe.
The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
To make Bobby Flay’s dough recipe, add sugar, bread flour, kosher salt, and yeast to a bowl, followed by water and 2 tbsp oil. Beat the dough to make a ball, put some flour on the surface and start kneading it. Drizzle olive oil and cover the dough with plastic sheets. Let it rest and rise, so it becomes almost double in size.
Bobby Flay’s pizza dough recipe is so simple and easy that anyone can make the perfect pizza dough for their pizza. So, stop confusing yourself with all the different kinds of dough you come across and follow this simple recipe of pizza dough by Bobby Flay. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili- If you are thinking of making a spicy beef chili, then there’s nothing better than Bobby Flay’s recipe. It is a combination of beef, beer, spices to make it flaming hot but also chocolate and maple syrup to add sweetness and balance the spice.
2. Chef Guy Fieri’s Trash Can Nachos– If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Fieri, then you’re in the right place. You can easily make these nachos at home in just 4 main steps.
3. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake– Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
4. Paula Deen’s Taco Soup– Do you know, soups are classified into two groups; clear and thick soups. From the clear category, my favorite soup is taco soup. Taco soup from none other than the famous chef personality Paula Deen.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough?
- Bowl – Add all your ingredients into a big bowl and just beat the hell out of it.
- Kitchen Towel – Cover the dough with kitchen towel.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 Hour 20 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough?
- Bread Flour – Not to surprise you or anything but you can’t make dough without flour.
- Sugar – A little sugar to make it slightly sweet.
- Instant Dry Yeast – Some yeast to fluff the dough at least.
- Kosher Salt – This is important to add a bit savor and flavor to the dough.
- Water – Add some water to bring it all home.
- Olive Oil – Gloss this baby up with a good oil rub.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough
1. A Little Kneady
Take a bowl, add sugar, bread flour, kosher salt, and yeast to it. Also, add water and 2 tablespoons of oil to it and beat the dough to make a ball, put some flour on the surface and start kneading it.
2. Rise And Shine!
Drizzle olive oil and cover the dough with plastic sheets. Let it rest and rise until it doubles in size. Then, divide the dough into two equal balls and again cover it with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Your dough is ready! Roll it out, add toppings of your choice, and pop it in the oven.
How Will The Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay’s pizza dough is really soft and elastic. It is the perfect base for your pizza. Just roll it out and add some toppings. Pop the whole thing in the oven and take it out when everything is crispy and melty.
Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough Recipe
- Kitchen Towel
- 4 cups Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Instant Dry Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- To make Bobby Flay's dough recipe, add sugar, bread flour, kosher salt, and yeast to a bowl, followed by water and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Beat the dough to make a ball.
- Put some flour on the surface and start kneading it.
- Drizzle olive oil and cover the dough with plastic sheets.
- Let it rest and rise, so it becomes almost double in size.
- Then, divide the dough into three or more equal balls (according to your need) and again cover it with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap for 10 more minutes.
- Your dough is ready to be cooked into a yummy pizza. Flatten it, add toppings of your choice and pop it in the oven. Enjoy some delicious pizza made from homemade dough.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What ingredient makes pizza dough crispy?
The key to crispy pizza is a high baking temperature that gets rid of water during baking.
Does olive oil make pizza dough crispy?
Yes, applying olive oil to the pizza dough makes it crispy. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil onto the edge of the dough to give it a crispier crust.
Why is the bottom of my pizza soggy?
The steam from the base can’t escape, so it condenses on the crispy surface of the dough and turns it wet and soggy.
Which pizza topping is best in taste?
After many surveys, it is pepperoni that always tops the list of America’s favorite pizza toppings.
This was all about Bobby Flay’s pizza dough. Try to make it at home and tell us in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time.