Interested in making a savory, creamy casserole? This recipe will fulfill all your casserole needs. Happy cooking with Paula Deen green bean casserole recipe. Get to know how!
Let me tell you the green bean tale in short. Cook green beans in the chicken broth. Then, sauté onions and mushrooms in the pan along with the cream of mushroom soup, onion rings, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Prepare a greased baking dish and pour the whole soup mixture into it and bake for thirty minutes in the oven. Your green bean casserole just got right!
If you don’t have cream of mushroom soup, substitute it with chicken soup. This will add flavor variation to the casserole.
Further, need more cheese for this casserole? Then, double the quantity of cheese and hop on to make delicious green bean casserole right in your kitchen.
Everyone loves green beans and this recipe is the perfect way to feed your family. It’s really quick to make and uses ingredients you can easily find in your pantry, and everyone will love it.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Roasted Turkey
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole?
- Oven – Bake green bean casserole in the oven to get aromatic soup.
- Saucepan – Saute onions and mushrooms in the saucepan.
- Baking Dish – Pour the comforting green bean soup into the baking dish.
- Spatula – Use a nice spatula to stir ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole?
- Green Beans – For more flavors, green beans will be cooked in chicken broth.
- Butter – Saute mushrooms and onions in the goodness of butter.
- Cream Of Mushroom Soup – Cream of mushroom soup – a creamy indulgent for this casserole.
- Chicken Broth – Green beans taste so good when cooked with chicken broth.
- Fried Onion Rings – Give a crunch element to the casserole with onion rings.
- Mushrooms – Mushroom is the heart of the green bean casserole.
- Onions – Saute onions to add a savory layer to the casserole.
- Cheddar Cheese – Top casserole with grated cheddar cheese and get sucked into cheese bliss.
- Garlic Powder – Season the soup with a pinch of garlic powder for enhanced flavors.
- Salt – Add salt according to your taste.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper to season the casserole well.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
1. Soup Mixture
Take a saucepan. Add chicken broth in it and bring to a boil for ten minutes. Then add green beans and cook for another ten minutes. Once cooked, keep the saucepan aside.
Take a cooking pan and melt butter in it. Add onions and mushrooms to it and saute for five minutes until cooked well.
Drain green beans from the saucepan and then add to the onion and mushroom mixture. At this point in time, cook on a medium flame. Now it’s time to add cream of mushroom soup and onion rings. Season the mixture with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix it well.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the whole mixture into the baking pan greased with butter. Bake the casserole for around twenty minutes.
Top with grated cheese and bake for ten minutes. Let the cheese melt properly. Serve and enjoy the delicious green bean casserole recipe.
|Total Fat||7.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||11 g|
How Will Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole Look And Taste Like?
Creamy Paula Deen green bean casserole is made with cream of mushroom soup and fried onion rings. Surely, onions add a crunchy element to the soup and the mushroom makes this smooth casserole. It looks light brownish with green bean chunks.
Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Baking Dish
- 2 cups Green Beans
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2.8 oz Fried Onion Rings
- ½ cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ cup Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Garlic Powder (a pinch)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan for ten minutes. Add green beans to it and boil for another ten minutes. Set it aside once cooked.
- Melt butter in the cooking pan. Then add onions and mushrooms to it and saute for five minutes.
- Drain green beans and add it to the mushroom mixture.
- Keep the flame at medium. Then add cream of mushroom soup, onion rings to the pan. Season it with garlic powder, salt, black pepper and stir frequently.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the soup mixture to the butter-greased baking dish.
- Bake the casserole dish for twenty minutes.
- Put grated cheese on top and bake until it melts.
- Paula Deen green bean casserole is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to store and reheat green bean casserole?
Green Bean Casserole can be made a few days ahead and kept in the refrigerator, covered tightly with a layer of aluminum foil. Reheat it in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot.
If you are reheating the casserole on the stovetop, heat it for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
What goes well with green bean casserole?
Green bean casserole is a popular holiday season soup. It goes well with turkey, ham, pork chops, salmon, pot roast, and even steaks.
Can you make green bean casserole ahead of time?
Yes! You can make green bean casserole upto three days in advance. Just don’t add fried onion rings before. Refrigerate this casserole.
Can you reheat the green bean casserole?
You can reheat the casserole. First, take it out of the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature for thirty minutes. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and reheat in the oven for ten minutes.
What does green bean casserole taste like?
Green bean casserole taste savory, spicy and flavorful dish.
Looking for a crowd-pleaser recipe? This green bean casserole is prepared in less than 30 minutes. What else do you need than this easy weeknight meal? Get started to prepare the casserole with us.