Turn regular jello into a delicious Thanksgiving dish! Punch it up with the flavors of fruits and surprise your family with this Paula Deen’s jello salad. It’s a gelatin salad flavored with cranberry and pineapple. Wanna try it? So, line up your desserts with Paula Deen’s Jello salad on your dinner table. This fruity wobbly salad will make your Thanksgiving meal unforgettable.
Paula Deen’s jello salad is a perfect blend of fruit flavors and jello. The cream cheese with walnuts on top gives some extra lift to this salad. You can also add chopped pineapple, fresh cranberries, and raspberries to the gelatin mix before freezing it. It stays for about 5 days in the refrigerator. So, if you want a make-ahead Thanksgiving dish, read this recipe and give it a try.
Check out the list of equipment below to make sure you have all the equipment required. You’ll also find the ingredient list below. Read it and gather all these ingredients before we start with the recipe instructions. Save this recipe for Thanksgiving day and enjoy it with your family. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Roasted Turkey
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Jello Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large glass bowl for gelatin mixture. You’ll also need a small bowl to combine whipped cream with sugar and cream cheese.
- Whisk- You can also use a whisk to mix the ingredients of this salad.
- Gelatin mold- You’ll need gelatin mold or a square pan to make the jello salad.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients in the bowl and to spoon the cream cheese mixture on this salad before serving.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Jello Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Refrigerating Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||1 Hours||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Jello Salad?
- Cranberry sauce- Use a can of whole cranberry sauce to add cranberry flavor to the salad.
- Walnuts- Chop walnuts for the salad and for the cream cheese topping.
- Gelatin- Use a half envelope of unflavored gelatin along with two packages of raspberry gelatin to add raspberry flavor to the jello salad.
- Pineapple- A can of crushed pineapple juice is perfect for adding pineapple flavor to jello.
- Water- To dissolve the gelatin mix, you’ll need a cup of boiling water and a half cup of cold water.
- Cream cheese- For the delicious topping, a package of 8-ounce cream cheese is perfect.
- Sugar- Use a one-fourth cup of powdered sugar to add sweetness to the salad. Powdered sugar is preferred over regular sugar as it dissolves comparatively better.
- Whipped cream- Two tablespoons of whipped cream will enhance the flavor and thickness of the cream cheese mixture.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Jello Salad
1. Prep the gelatin mix
Take a large mixing bowl and add raspberry gelatin along with the unflavored gelatin to it. Now, add a cup of boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes. Add half-cup cold water and stir in cranberry sauce, walnuts, and pineapple juice. Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Refrigerate it and make the cream cheese mix
Grease the gelatin mold or a square pan with the cooking spray and pour in the gelatin mixture. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until the salad is firm. Remove it from the refrigerator an hour before you serve it. Mix cream cheese, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and walnuts in a bowl. Spoon it in the center of the salad and serve.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||14 g|
|Vitamin A||190 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Paula Deen’s Jello Salad Look and Taste?
Finally, we’re ready with our sweet Thanksgiving fruit salad! Paula Deen’s jello salad has the flavor of pineapple, cranberry, and raspberry. The walnuts add a little crunch to every bite. The cream cheese smoothly blends into the flavors of the jello. This mouth-watering combination is a winning dish for a Thanksgiving meal. So, try it and enjoy it with your mates.
Paula Deen’s Jello Salad Recipe
- Gelatin Mold
- 15 ounces Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 envelop Unflavored Gelatin
- 8 ounces Pineapple (crushed and juiced)
- 6 ounces Raspberry Gelatin
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Cream
- 3 cups Water
- Add unflavored gelatin and raspberry gelatin to a bowl. Pour in a cup of boiling water. Stir them to combine and then, add a half cup of cold water, pineapple juice, walnuts, and cranberry sauce.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about an hour until it is firm. Combine cream cheese with sugar powder and walnuts in a bowl. Spoon this mixture in the center of the mold (salad).
Did you try this recipe? Tell us about it in the comment’s below. Try other holiday recipes as well.
2 thoughts on “How To Make Paula Deen’s Jello Salad At Home”
I made this for our family Christmas event that is annua and it blew my cousin/hostess away. It is now one thing that she will not do without at her Christmas lunch. I MUST make it or I am banished from the family!
We are delighted, that you have mastered this salad.