Give an interesting twist to your Thanksgiving dinner! This time, replace your regular salad with Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple congealed salad. It’s a cherry and pineapple flavored salad with a crunchy base. This salad is filled with sweet bites like a dessert and has the goodness of cherry and pineapples. So, get ready to combine some sweet and fresh ingredients to make Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple congealed salad.
Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple salad has a crunchy base filled with the flavors of butter, pretzels, and pecans. You don’t need to add flour to the base and this recipe takes less time than other congealed salads. It is filled with fruity and sweet flavors. Try this recipe for Thanksgiving and make your celebration meal more memorable.
Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple congealed salad is an easy recipe and requires a handful of ingredients. You might already have the equipment required for this recipe. Check out the equipment you need from the list below. Gather all the ingredients before you start with the recipe procedure for Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple congealed salad.
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to make the flour mixture and to make the cherry-pineapple sauce. Also, use a medium-size bowl to make a cream cheese mixture.
- Saucepan- Use a saucepan to make the gelatin mixture for the salad.
- Spatula- To stir and mix the ingredients in the bowl or the saucepan, you’ll need a spatula.
- Spoon- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in the baking dish using a spoon. Also, use a spoon to mix the sauce mixture.
- Whisk- You can also use a whisk to combine the cream cheese ingredients and the sauce mixture.
- Baking dish- Use a baking dish or pan to make the cherry pineapple congealed salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Refrigerating Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||4 Hours||4 Hours 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad?
- Pretzels- Add a half cup of crushed pretzels for the base of the salad.
- Pecans- Chopped pecans give a crunchy texture to the base and add a nutty flavor to it.
- Sugar- To add sweetness to the salad by adding sugar to the cream cheese filling and to the base.
- Butter- Melt a three-fourths cup of butter and add it to the base to enhance the flavor of the base.
- Cream cheese- Soften an 8-ounce package of cream cheese and add it to the crust.
- Whipped topping- Use frozen whipped topping for the cream cheese layer and to garnish the salad.
- Cherries- Use a can of dark sweet cherries for the topping.
- Pineapple- Use a crushed pineapple can to add pineapple flavor to the salad.
- Cherry-flavored gelatin- Add two boxes of cherry-flavored gelatin to make the gelatin mix for the salad.
- Whipped topping- Garnish the salad with whipped topping.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad
1. Prep the Base
Take a medium-sized bowl and add pretzels, pecans, and sugar. Pour in melted butter and combine the ingredients. Slightly press this mixture in the bottom of the greased pan and bake it for about 15 minutes.
2. Prep the Cream Cheese and Cherry Mix
In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Now, add whipped topping, stir the mixture, and spread it over the prepared crust in the pan. Combine a cup of cherry juice and a cup of pineapple juice with a cup of water in a bowl and pour it into the pan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and stir in the gelatin.
Let the gelatin mixture cool for 30 minutes and chill it for about an hour. Pour this cherry mixture over the cream cheese layer of the salad. Refrigerate it for 4 hours before serving.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||405 IU|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
How Will Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad Look and Taste?
So! Grab your spoon and let’s dig in! Paula Deen’s cherry-pineapple congealed salad looks amazing and has the fragrance of cherry and pineapple. The top layer has cherry and pineapple flavored gelatin garnished with whipped topping and cherry. It’s super delicious, from soft topping to crunchy base. It gives the delight of a fruit salad and a dessert. Bring this up for your Thanksgiving dinner table and brighten up the festive mood.
Paula Deen’s Cherry-Pineapple Congealed Salad Recipe
- 1.5 cup Pretzels (crushed)
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 ounce Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 15 ounce Dark Sweet Cherries (drained and juice reserved)
- 8 ounce Crushed Pineapple (drained and juice reserved)
- 6 ounce Black Cherry-flavored Gelatin
- Whipped Topping (to garnish)
- Mix pretzels, pecans, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter and transfer this mixture in the bottom of the pan. Bake it for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven (350 F).
- Combine cream cheese with sugar and add whipped topping to the bowl. Spread this mixture over the baked crust in the pan. Cover the pan and refrigerate it. Now, combine pineapple sauce with cranberry sauce. Stir in a cup of cold water and gelatin. Transfer the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to boil, add cherries and pineapples, and set it aside to cool for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate it for about an hour. Pour this cherry mixture over the cream cheese layer and chill it for about 4 hours. Garnish with whipped toppings and cherries.
Tell me how was your recipe in the comments below. Check out other holiday recipes.