As we gear up for Thanksgiving, let’s get down to the baked good craze! Crank up some delicious cookies for festive snaking. If you ask me! Paula Deen’s sweet potato biscuits are the ones I keep bringing up to the table for the Thanksgiving feast. These are super healthy and delicious (as they’re homemade). This recipe is Paula’s version of southern-style biscuits.
Paula Deen’s sweet potato biscuits are buttery, flaky, and have the flavor of sweet potatoes. It’s a make-ahead recipe for Thanksgiving. You can store these biscuits in a jar for about 2 to 4 days. Prefer making the dough using bare hands over a whisk or spatula to perfectly combine the ingredients in the bowl. So, get ready to fill your Thanksgiving basket with some southern-style biscuits.
Paula Deen’s sweet potato biscuits require easily available ingredients and easy-to-handle kitchen equipment. Read the list below to know all of them and then we’ll start with the recipe procedure. I’m sure it will look and taste exactly as mentioned below. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
1. Paula Deen’s Brie En Croute– Paula Deen’s brie on court is cheese-filled delight. The outer layer is a crisp golden pastry and the filling is made with delicious brie cheese and walnuts covered in cinnamon. Just one bite of it will put you in a good mood.
2. Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes– Paula Deen’s garlic mashed potatoes are the best side dish at your holiday dinner. These smooth mashed potatoes have a strong garlic taste and smoothness of the sour cream. This dish is a must-have with your turkey or ham.
3. Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup– Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup is remedy for your winter shivers. This delicious is hot and creamy. It’s made with carrots, onions, and butternut squash and the rich flavor comes from butter, cream, and chicken broth.
4. Paula Deen’s Apple Pie– Paula Deen’s apple pie recipe is great for this traditional dessert. The apple filling is flavored with cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. This filling tastes heavenly with the delicious golden pastry.
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to prepare the dough for the biscuits.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Whisk- Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Biscuit cutter- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out the equal pieces of the dough of the biscuits.
- Sieve- Use a sieve to sift the dough, sugar, and baking powder into the bowl.
- Roasting pan- Use a roasting pan to bake the biscuits in the oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits?
- Sugar- Use two tablespoons of sugar from sweet potato biscuits.
- All-purpose flour- All-purpose flour is the basic ingredient for biscuits. Make sure you don’t miss this ingredient.
- Baking powder- Use four teaspoons of baking powder for this recipe. It gives an extra lift to the flour in the biscuits.
- Butter- Use one-fourth cup of butter to give a nice texture and to add more flavor to the butter. You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Sweet potatoes- You need only a three-fourth cup of sweet potatoes for this recipe. Add cooked mashed sweet potatoes.
- Salt- Add salt according to your taste.
- Milk- Add milk according to the moisture of the potatoes. Ideally, you’ll need two to four tablespoons of milk in this recipe. You can also use buttermilk for this recipe.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits
1. Prep the dough
Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Add mashed sweet potatoes and mix them into a soft dough. Now, add milk to the bowl and mix until combined. Sprinkle flour on the dough and lightly toss it until the surface seems smooth.
2. Bake and serve
Roll the dough and cut out thick pieces using a biscuit cutter. Place these biscuits on a greased pan and coat their surface with melted butter. Bake it for about 15 minutes. You can make almost 16 to 18 biscuits out of the dough used. Let it cool and serve.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1958 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits Look and Taste?
So! Here we are with Paula Deen’s delicious sweet potato biscuits. These biscuits are flaky on the outside. These are loaded with buttery and sweet flavors. These biscuits taste like sweet potatoes. Try this recipe for Thanksgiving and enjoy your holiday meal. Happy Thanksgiving!
Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- Biscuit Cutter
- Roasting Pan
- 3/4 cup Sweet Potatoes (mashed and cooked)
- 1.25 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Sift the all purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix them together and add sweet potatoes to it. Add a few tablespoons of milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Sprinkle the flour on the dough and toss it lightly to have a smooth surface. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out the pieces for biscuits from the dough. Place these biscuits on a greased roasting pan and brush their surface with melted butter.
- Bake these biscuits for at least 15 minutes until they're crispy and brown. Let it cool for few minutes after removing them from the oven. Serve with the Thanksgiving meal.