Turkey will always be magical on dinner tables. They are old-fashioned but never go out of trend. So, let’s see what Paula Deen roasted turkey recipe will bring today in taste and flavors.
In this recipe, the chef starts by first preparing a butter mixture with butter, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Then stuff the turkey with onions, carrots, and celery. Now brush the butter mixture on the top and roast.
The oh-so-delicious turkey recipe has a bad reputation for turning out dry, undercooked, and bland. Here is a tip for you all! Place vegetables in the bottom of the baking dish and turkey to make a flavorful gravy from their juices.
Moreover, cover the turkey with foil paper while roasting but then uncover it in the last twenty minutes. This will give the turkey a nice brown finish.
There are about a gazillion roasted turkey recipes that you can make for your amazing Thanksgiving dinner. But Paula Deen’s recipe stands out. Why! Because it is easy and the roasted turkey is delicious with a herby taste and crispy skin.
Let’s move to the recipe for Paula Deen’s roasted turkey. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Roasted Turkey?
- Roasting Pan – First, roast the turkey in the roasting pan and then, simmer the pan juices in it.
- Aluminum Foil – Use the foil to tent the turkey while roasting.
- Oven – If not the oven, where will you roast the turkey?
- Small Pot – Use it to make the gravy once you have skimmed and simmered the pan juices.
- Sieve – Strain the juices using a sieve.
- Knife – Take a sharp knife to chop the onions.
- Spoon – Sauté the veggies using a spoon.
- Basting Brush – Use a basting brush to slather melted butter on the top of roasted turkey.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||3 Hours 15 Minutes||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey?
- Turkey – Roasted turkey gives you all the fun coming your way.
- Butter – Brush butter over the turkey.
- Carrot – Carrots add a nice crunch and color to the turkey.
- Celery – Some celery to let the turkey flaunt its aroma.
- Onion – Onions are a must to keep the turkey savory.
- Garlic – For fragrant dishes, garlic will always surprise you.
- Parsley – Parsley is always added to meat recipes for bright flavors.
- Thyme – Add dry spice thyme to season the turkey.
- Rosemary – Rosemary gives you a woodsy aroma.
- Salt – Balance the taste of turkey with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper over turkey for some spice.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey
1. ‘Thyme’ To Herb The Turkey
Take your hollowed-out turkey and season the cavity with salt and pepper. Then, place the onions and halved garlic inside the turkey. Now, take the chopped herbs that include thyme, sage, parsley, and rosemary and add them inside the cavity. Also, add the bay leaves in the cavity as well. Now, the turkey is stuffed and ‘herbed’.
2. Into The Oven, We Go
Now that the turkey is prepped, place it in a roasting tray with breast side up. Take melted butter and use half of it to brush the whole turkey from the outside. Also, do some salt abe action and season the turkey from outside as well.
Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and place in the oven that has been preheated to 325°F. Roast the turkey for about 2 and a half hours. You might think that the turkey is cooked but it is not. Uncover the turkey and brush it with the remaining butter and it’s going back into the oven for 30 minutes at 425 °F.
After that, take it out just for a little while and cover it with foil. Place it in the oven for the last time and roast it for 15 minutes. Take it out and let it rest for 15 minutes, it had a long day.
|Saturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
How Will Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey Look And Taste Like?
The turkey looks like a million bucks, not really! But it does look like a damn good roasted turkey. The skin is brown and crisp. Once you have carved the turkey, you can see the meat is white. You’ll taste the nuttiness of garlic and the freshness of herbs. You’ll also feel why I emphasize so much on seasoning. Nothing beats well-seasoned meat, actually a well seasoned and perfectly cooked meat. Also, the gravy is rich and thick. Serve your delicious turkey with the thick gravy and thank the Lord and then Paula Deen for it.
Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Small Pot
- 1 (12 lb) Turkey
- 1 Onion (quartered)
- 1 head Garlic (halved horizontally)
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Herbs (chopped) (Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, and Parsley)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 (14-oz) can Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Cornstarch (mixed with ⅓ cup water)
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- (½+⅛) teaspoon Black Pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 325°F.
- Then, take your turkey and season the cavity with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- After seasoning the turkey cavity, place the onion and garlic inside it. Also, add the chopped herbs and the bay leaves inside it.
- Place the turkey, with the breast side up, in a roasting pan. Brush the turkey with half of the butter that is melted. Also, season it from outside with salt and pepper as well.
- Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and place it in the oven. Cook it for 2 and a half hours.
- After that, take it out and brush it with the remaining melted butter. Place it in the oven again but increase the temperature to 425 °F. Roast the turkey at this high temperature for 30 minutes.
- Then, take it out again, cover it with aluminum foil, and roast it for 15 more minutes.
Here it is! Paula Deen’s roasted turkey recipe for you. Roast the turkey and tell us what you liked about the recipe in the comments. I am also open to constructive criticism and any suggestions. See you next time!