Cap off your Thanksgiving feast with a delicious traditional pie! Paula Deen’s apple pie is the best after-dinner treat to serve at a holiday dinner table. It has a sweet apple filling and a crispy golden crust. So, get ready to put the apples in the pie and enjoy this traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
Paula Deen’s apple pie is flavored with cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. Every bite oozes with this creamy apple filling and is a perfect celebration dessert. Make sure you use two pie crusts in the recipe. Brush the pie crust with the egg wash and not the butter. This recipe is super easy and fun. So, try this recipe for Thanksgiving this year.
To make Paula Deen’s apple pie, you need to know all the equipment and ingredients for the recipe. Check out the lists below, and gather all of these in your kitchen before moving on to the recipe instructions. So, brighten up your Thanksgiving dinner table with Paula Deen’s apple pie. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
1. Paula Deen’s Brie En Croute– Paula Deen’s brie on court is cheese-filled delight. The outer layer is a crisp golden pastry and the filling is made with delicious brie cheese and walnuts covered in cinnamon. Just one bite of it will put you in a good mood.
2. Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes– Paula Deen’s garlic mashed potatoes are the best side dish at your holiday dinner. These smooth mashed potatoes have a strong garlic taste and smoothness of the sour cream. This dish is a must-have with your turkey or ham.
3. Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup– Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup is remedy for your winter shivers. This delicious is hot and creamy. It’s made with carrots, onions, and butternut squash and the rich flavor comes from butter, cream, and chicken broth.
4. Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Biscuits– Paula Deen’s sweet potato biscuits are delicious baked goodies for your holidays. You just have to mix your sweet potatoes with flour, sugar, salt, and flour. The biscuits need to be cut and baked. These simple biscuits will be ready in quarter of an hour.
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Apple Pie?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to mix the ingredients of the apple mixture. Use a small bowl to keep the ingredients like the egg wash before you use them in the recipe.
- Pie dish- Use a pie dish to bake the pie.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to mix the ingredients of the apple mixture in the bowl and also to spread the mixture in the pie dish.
- Oven- Ove in the main equipment for this recipe.
- Sieve- Use a fine sieve to sift the flour, cinnamon, and dry ingredients in the bowl.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Apple Pie?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Apple Pie?
- Sugar- Use brown sugar for this recipe. It has a deep caramel flavor and is comparatively sweeter.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Cinnamon- Use a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to give a slightly spicy taste to the apple pie.
- Nutmeg- A pinch of nutmeg will give a bittersweet woody flavor to the apple pie. It also adds a fresh aroma to the recipe.
- Apples- Use seven medium-sized apples for this recipe. Peel the apples and cut thin slices before using them in the recipe.
- Lemon juice- A tablespoon of lemon juice will give a rich citrusy flavor to this dish.
- Butter- Use three tablespoons of butter in this recipe. Butter will enhance the flavor of the pie filling.
- Pie crusts- Pie crusts are the main ingredient for this recipe. Use two unbaked pie crusts.
- Egg- You’ll need the egg wash for brushing the crust of the apple pie. It makes the pie slightly glossy and crispy.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Apple Pie
1. Prep the apple mixture
Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a bowl. Mix them together and then add apple slices. Toss the apples to coat them with the dry ingredients in the bowl. Now, add lemon juice to the mixture.
2. Prep the pie and bake it.
Now, press a pie crust in the bottom of the pie dish and transfer the apple mixture into the pie dish. Lay another pie crust over the filling and seal it by pressing the edges. Bake it for about 50 to 55 minutes and let it cool before serving.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||219 IU|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|
How Will Paula Deen’s Apple Pie Look and Taste?
Finally! We are done with Paula Deen’s apple pie. It looks crispy golden and flaky on the outside and has delicious apple filling in it. Can’t wait to taste it? So, let’s dig in! This crispy pie has creamy apple filling. It’s loaded with the flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar. The crispy pie crust compliments every bite. Try this recipe for Thanksgiving and enjoy it with your family.
Paula Deen’s Apple Pie Recipe
- Pie Dish
- 7 Apples (medium-sized, peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Unbaked Pie Crusts
- 3 tablespoons Butter (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Egg Wash
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. Add apple slices to the bowl. Toss them to coat the apples with dry ingredients. Add lemon juice and butter to the bowl and mix.
- Place the pie crust in the bottom to the pie dish and press it slightly against the bottom surface. Transfer the apple mixture from the bowl to the pie dish. Place the second pie crust over the apple mixture.
- Press the edges of the pie crust to seal the apple mixture. Bake it for about 55 to 60 minutes and keep it aside to cool before serving.
How was your recipe? Tell us in the comments below. Also, try other holiday recipe as well.