We all love an extravagant Thanksgiving meal but it is incomplete without the creamy mashed potatoes. If you want to make delicious mashed potatoes that go perfectly well with your Thanksgiving entree, you should try Paula Deen’s garlic mashed potatoes.
The potatoes are creamy and have a garlic overtone which only makes them better. If you are pairing the mashed potatoes with turkey or steak, it will add to the taste of it. It balances the flavors and doesn’t play with them. Paula Deen also adds sour cream to the potatoes that give them a bit of tang and edge.
The recipe for Paula Deen’s garlic mashed potatoes also includes whole milk. You can use skim milk if you like but that takes away some of the richness from it. Whole milk gives the potatoes a rich texture. So, without waiting any further, let me tell you all about Paula Deen’s garlic mashed potatoes. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Roasted Turkey
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes?
- Medium Saucepan- Boil the potatoes in the saucepan and then mash them in the saucepan.
- Potato Masher- Use the potato masher to mash the potatoes after they have boiled and become tender.
- Wooden Spoon- Use the wooden spoon to mix everything.
- Knife and Peeler- Peel the potatoes with a peeler and roughly chop them using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes- You can use any kind of potatoes but you can use Yukon Gold potatoes for it. They are the best kind for mashed potatoes.
- Butter- Add the butter to the potatoes to make it rich.
- Garlic- Garlic gives the potatoes a strong aroma and a nutty flavor.
- Sour Cream- Sour cream adds tang to the potatoes and also makes them creamier.
- Milk- Whole milk makes the potatoes smoother and gives a rich texture to it.
- Salt and Pepper- Make the potatoes savory by adding salt and pepper to them.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1. Boil The Potatoes
Fill a medium saucepan with water. Add a pinch of salt to it and bring it to a boil. Add the potatoes to it and boil them for 15 minutes. After that, drain the water and return the potatoes to the pan.
Add butter, sour cream, and garlic to the potatoes and mash them until blended. After that, add the milk, as required to achieve the desired consistency and mix. Season with salt and pepper and your mashed potatoes are ready.
|Saturated Fat||5.6 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.7 g|
How Will Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
The mashed potatoes look pale white and smooth. When you take a bite, you can taste garlic overtones. The garlicky aroma also overpowers all other ingredients. The texture is rich, smooth, and creamy. This mashed potato recipe is great for Thanksgiving.
Paula Deen’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium Potatoes (peeled, coarsely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (finely minced)
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Milk (plus some extra, at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a medium saucepan, add water and a little bit of salt. Add the potatoes to it and boil them for about 15 minutes. After that, drain the water and return the potatoes to the pan.
- Then, add butter, sour cream, and garlic to it. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until properly mashed and everything is blended.
- Add a tablespoon of milk to the pan and mix. Add more if you feel you haven’t gotten your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to it and mix well. Your delicious garlic mashed potatoes are ready.
So, this was Paula Deen’s recipe for garlic mashed potatoes. Make this delish recipe at home and give us your feedback in the comments. Also, your precious suggestions are welcome as well. With this, I shall take your leave. Happy cooking!