Pot roast is a great dish to make for a hearty lunch. It is fairly a simple recipe too. The magic happens when the seasoning meets the roast. One of such best recipes is Paula Deen pot roast recipe.
Paula Deen is an American cooking show host and a TV personality. She also owns a restaurant known as Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen.
The restaurant, the Lady & Sons, actually helped her to make her career and proved a bit of good luck for her. She is a great cook and makes a mean meal that you can’t help but ask for another helping.
To make Paula Deen pot roast, season the roast well on both sides. Cook it in a pan with oil until brown. Then, put the meat along with onions, garlic and bay leaves in a roaster pan.
Mix the cream of mushroom soup with the sauces and pour it over the roast. Pour some water and then bake it for 3 hours.
To make classic Paula Deen pot roast, you can easily change up the flavors by adding different spices or using different types of meat.
Use a different type of meat, such as pork or lamb. These meats will cook differently than beef, so be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This is as simple as it gets. For the complete recipe and other details like ingredients, timings and nutritional info, scroll down.
But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pot Roast?
- Oven – Bake the roast for 3 hours until tender and juicy.
- Pan – Cook the seasoned roast in a pan until it becomes brown on both sides.
- Roasting Pan – Put the roasted meat with minced garlic and chopped onions to the roasting pan.
- Bowls – Mix in mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon together in a bowl.
- Knife – Chop the onion into slices and mince the garlic cloves using a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Spatula – Pour the liquid over the roast using a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pot Roast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||3 Hours 20 Minutes||3 Hours 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pot Roast?
- Boneless Chuck Roast – I have used boneless chuck roast as it is full of flavors and the intense flavor remains no matter how you cook it.
- Mushroom Soup – Pour mushroom soup over the roast for a hearty, rich, and full of deep umami flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce will add tangy, savory, sweet, and salty flavor. It will add the umami flavor to the pot roast, which comes from the anchovies.
- Red Wine – Red wine will help tenderize the outside of the chuck roast, keeping it moist while it cooks.
- Beef Bouillon Granules – Beef bouillon granules will add a rich red meat flavor to the roast.
- Vegetable Oil – Cook seasoned chuck roast in vegetable oil as it allows the juices to redistribute, preventing them from draining out during carving.
- Onions – Sauté onions in a roaster pan until it caramelizes, giving a sweet flavor and very tender texture.
- Garlic Cloves – Sauté crushed garlic with roast chuck to give the meat a deeper flavor.
- Bay Leaves – Bay leaves will help break down proteins in chuck roast, making them easier to digest.
- House Seasoning – Rub the roast with Paula Deen’s house seasoning to get an intense and spicy flavor.
- Salt – Season your chuck roast with salt prior to searing and roasting to really bring out those delicious, beefy flavors.
- Black Pepper – Season chuck roast with black pepper as it will give the seasoning ample time to permeate beyond the roast’s interior.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Pot Roast
1. Let’s Begin
Preheat the oven at 350 F. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly for house seasoning. You can store it in an airtight container for up to six months.
Chop the onion into slices and mince the garlic cloves and keep them aside.
2. Roast The Roast
Take a small bowl and mix the house seasoning, salt, and pepper in it. Rub seasoning on both sides of the roast.
Take a large pan and heat the oil in it. Once heated, cook the seasoned roast till it becomes brown on both sides.
Now, put the meat in a roasting pan. Add minced garlic and chopped onions to the pan. Sauté for one to two minutes to absorb the leftover juice.
Add bay leaves and stir it thoroughly.
3. Pan Roast Is Ready To Serve
Mix in mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon together in a bowl. Pour it over the roast and add water to it.
Cover the pan with foil and bake it for a maximum of 3 hours. When it is ready, discard the bay leaves. Serve with rice.
|Saturated Fat||5.7 g|
How Will Paula Deen Pot Roast Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen pot roast is a dish that combines her signature style of cooking with the classic flavors of pot roast. The pot roast is made with beef chuck roast, onion, garlic, red wine, beef bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce.
The beef is cooked in a pan with the other ingredients until it is tender and falling apart. The finished dish is served with mashed potatoes and gravy. Cuts of meats when cooked in a pot with vegetables and liquid make a hearty and filling meal.
Paula Deen Pot Roast Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Chopping Board
- 1 Boneless Chuck Roast
- 1 can Mushroom Soup
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon Beef Bouillon Granules
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly for house seasoning.
- Chop the onion into slices and mince the garlic cloves and keep them aside.
- Take a small bowl and mix the house seasoning, salt, and pepper in it.
- Rub seasoning on both sides of the roast.
- Take a large pan and heat the oil in it.
- Once heated, cook the seasoned roast till it becomes brown on both sides.
- Now, put the meat in a roasting pan.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onions to the pan. Sauté for one to two minutes to absorb the leftover juice.
- Add bay leaves and stir it thoroughly.
- Mix in mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon together in a bowl.
- Pour it over the roast and add water to it.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake it for a maximum of 3 hours.
- When it is ready, discard the bay leaves. Serve with rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is pot roast?
Pot roast is a type of slow-cooked stew that typically features a tough cut of meat that is cooked until it is tender. The dish is often made in a pot or Dutch oven and often includes vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions.
How did Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe become so popular?
Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe became popular due to its simplicity and the fact that it can be made in one pot. Additionally, the dish is hearty and filling, making it a favorite among families.
What are some tips for making Paula Deen’s pot roast?
Some tips for making Paula Deen’s pot roast include adding garlic for more flavor, using a different type of meat such as pork or lamb, and cooking the dish in barbecue sauce for added flavor.
How do you make Paula Deen pot roast?
To make Paula Deen pot roast, you will need to brown the beef in a large pot. Then, add the potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. Add water or broth to cover the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for several hours until the beef is tender.
I hope you liked this recipe. Tell me how well you liked it in the comments. While you are in the comment box, leave your suggestions and queries there as well. I’ll try my best to help you with any of your doubts. Till then, happy eating!