Pot roast is a great dish to make for a hearty lunch. It is fairly a simple recipe too. The magic happens when the seasoning meets the roast. One of such best recipes is Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe. It is simple, down to ingredients and recipe, takes a moderate amount of tie to cook and is extremely delicious.
Paula Deen is an American cooking show host and a TV personality. She also owns a restaurant known as Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen. The restaurant, the Lady & Sons, actually helped her to make her career and proved a bit of good luck for her. She is a great cook and makes a mean meal that you can’t help but ask for another helping.
To make Paula Deen’s pot roast, season the roast well on both sides. Cook it in a pan with oil till both sides become brown. Then, put the meat along with onions, garlic and bay leaves in a roaster pan. Mix the cream of mushroom soup with the sauces and pour it over the roast. Pour some water and then bake it for 3 hours.
This is as simple as it gets. For the complete recipe and other details like ingredients, timings and nutritional info, scroll down. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie– We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
2. Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken– I love all things chicken. But when we talk about chicken recipes, nothing beats Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for the Peruvian chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken served along with green sauce and salad, this recipe is a great one to try.
3. Chef Paul Bocuse’s Black Truffle Soup– Chef Paul Bocuse’s black truffle soup recipe is a delight to experience. This “Paul Bocuse Soupe Aux Truffes” contains mushroom and stock chicken which gives the perfect touch to French Truffle Soup.
4. Paula Deen’s Taco Soup– Do you know, soups are classified into two groups; clear and thick soups. From the clear category, my favorite soup is the taco soup. Taco soup from non other than the famous chef personality Paula Deen.
Paula Deen Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 Boneless Chuck Roast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Onions
- 3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 can Mushroom Soup
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 cup Salt
- ¼ cup Balck Pepper
- ¼ cup Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- For house seasoning, mix all the ingredients thoroughly and you can store it in an airtight container for up to six months.
- Take a small bowl and mix the house seasoning, salt, and pepper in it. Rub seasoning on both sides of the roast.
- Take a large pan and heat the oil in it. Cook the roast till it becomes brown on both sides.
- After that, put the meat in a roaster pan. Add garlic and onions to the pan for one to two minutes to absorb the leftover juice.
- Put it into a roaster pan with meat and bay leaves, stir it thoroughly.
- Mix mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon together in a bowl. Pour it over the roast and add water to it.
- Cover the whole pan with foil and bake it for a maximum of 3 hrs.
- When it is ready, discard the bay leaves. Serve with rice.
I hope you liked this recipe. Tell me how well you liked it in the comments. While you are in the comment box, leave your suggestions and queries there as well. I’ll try my best to help you with any of your doubts. Till then, happy eating!