Everybody loves a hearty holiday feast. The holiday season is the time for families to connect, exchange gifts, and have lavish meals. It makes up for the time lost because of our busy lives. What makes the holiday season even better is delicious holiday recipes. Gordon Ramsay’s honey glazed ham is one such recipe that’ll look splendid on your dinner table.
Gordon Ramsay’s honey-glazed ham is cooked in a vegetable and spice stock. It is then glazed and roasted. The glaze and the roasting give the ham a beautiful char and flavor. It is basted in juices, so it looks evenly brown and perfectly cooked.
The recipe is also pretty simple. This won’t be a hurdle in your holiday preparations. The cooking process is slow and lets you take breaks. So, by the end of it, you have a delicious meal without losing a lot of sweat. Let’s move to this recipe so you can prepare for it and make one of the best ham recipes. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Thanksgiving recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cake
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Breast
- Gordon Ramsay Crab Cakes
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
- Gordon Ramsay Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrone And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom And Bacon Quiche
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham?
- Large Saucepan- You need a large saucepan to cook the gammon in the vegetable and spice stock.
- Pan- Make the sweet and sour glaze in the pan.
- Roasting Tin- Place the ham in the roasting tin and then glaze and bake the ham in it.
- Oven- Roast and glaze the ham in the oven.
- Knife and Wooden Spoon- Use the knife for scoring, chopping, and cutting things and the wooden spoon for stirring and for basting the ham.
- Wooden Board- The wooden board is used to place the ham for scoring and cutting away the skin of the ham.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||3 Hours 45 Minutes||4 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham?
- Gammon Joint- Use an unsmoked and boneless gammon joint for this recipe.
- Carrots, Leek, Onion- Add the vegetables to the stock when cooking the ham to enhance the flavor of the ham.
- Black Peppercorns, Coriander Seeds, Cinnamon Stick, and Bay Leaves- Add the spices to the stock to spice up the ham while cooking it.
- Cloves- Stud the cloves in the ham before roasting it.
For The Honey Glaze
- Demerara Sugar- Demerara sugar is added to the glaze to make it sweeter and thicker.
- Madeira and Sherry Vinegar- Madeira and sherry vinegar add nuttiness, depth and a little sour punch to the glaze.
- Honey- It’s a honey glaze, so you can’t make it without honey.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham
1. Stock Up The Ham
Place the ham in a large saucepan and pour water over it, so it gets immersed completely. Add the vegetables and spices to the pan and cook the ham on low heat for 3 hours. Then, take the ham out after it has cooled down and saved the stock for later.
2. The Glaze Blaze
In a pan, add the fancy sugar and wine. Also, add the sherry vinegar and honey. Bring it to a boil and stir it for 3-4 minutes until the glaze is dark in color and viscous too. Make sure you don’t leave it unattended, or it will boil over or burn.
3. Score And Roast
Now, place the ham on a wooden board and cut away from its skin. Then, score a diamond pattern on the fat layer and stud the cloves in each pattern. Place the ham gently on a roasting tin and pour half of the glaze over it. Roast the ham for 15 minutes and then take it out. Pour the rest of the glaze over the ham and roast it for another half an hour.
4. Put The Best To The Rest
Take the ham out and let it rest for 15 minutes. Then, slice it and serve your delicious and beautiful honey-glazed ham.
|Saturated Fat||11.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham Look And Taste Like?
The honey-glazed ham looks absolutely stunning with a brown and slightly charred exterior. The studded cloves make the ham look prettier. The ham has hints of spices and nuttiness of the root vegetables. The honey glaze makes it sweet and yet a bit sour. You can serve it with any of your preferred sauces or condiments.
Gordon Ramsay Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
- 3 kg unsmoked, boneless Gammon Joint
- 4 medium Carrots (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 Leek (cleaned, roughly chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns (lightly crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds (lightly crushed)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (broken in half)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- A handful Cloves
For The Honey Glaze
- 100 g Demerara Sugar
- 50 ml Madeira
- 25 ml Sherry Vinegar
- 125 g Honey
- In a large saucepan, place the ham and pour water over it so it gets immersed completely. Add the carrots, leeks, onion, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cinnamon, and bay leaves to it.
- Bring it to a boil and cook on simmer for 3 hours. Let it cool down and save the stock for later.
- Then, in a pan, add the sugar, Madeira, sherry vinegar and honey and stir it for 3-4 minutes on low heat until it becomes dark and thick.
- To roast the turkey, preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the gammon on a wooden board and cut away its skin using a sharp knife.
- Score the fat layer in a diamond pattern and stud the cloves between each pattern.
- Now, place the ham on a roasting tin and pour half of the glaze over it.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Then, take it out and pour the rest of the glaze over it and roast it again for 25 to 30 minutes, basting it in the pan juices every now and then.
- Take it out and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After that, slice it and serve. Your delicious honey glazed ham is ready.