Soak in the Thanksgiving vibe with the flavorful bites of Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie. You know! Turkey is the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Wanna give it a twist? Seal the turkey in a pie. This crispy golden dish is the best way to surprise your family with the turkey delight. What’s a better thanksgiving turkey recipe than the one straight from Ramsay’s cookbook? So, let’s try it!
Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie has a flaky crust with delicious ham and turkey filled in it. The sauce is the blend of spicy cooked mushrooms and leeks with the richness of flavors from creme fraiche and chicken stock. So, if you want an easy yet scrumptious turkey recipe for thanksgiving, Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie is the one for you.
The recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie requires a handful of ingredients and equipment. Read the lists below and follow the steps of instructions. Make sure your pie has the same flavor and delight as mentioned below. Try this recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy it with your family. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Thanksgiving recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Mulled Wine
- Gordon Ramsay Eggnog
- Gordon Ramsay Holiday Stuffing
- Gordon Ramsay Cranberry Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Duck
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Chicken Wings
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Gnocchi
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Chops
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to keep the ingredients like chicken stock, sliced turkey, ham, veggies, etc., before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- Use a large saucepan to prepare the sauce for the filling.
- Spatula- Spatula is the basic equipment to stir in all the ingredients in the saucepan. You can use it to transfer the filling to the baking dish.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add the spices or other ingredients to the pan. You can also use it to beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Baking Dish- You can not bake this pie without a baking dish. So, make sure you have a medium-sized baking dish in your kitchen.
- Oven- To bake the pie, you’ll need an oven. This is one of the major pieces of equipment for this recipe.
- Knife- You can use any sharp kitchen knife to cut turkey slices, ham, mushrooms and leeks.
- Rolling Pin- To roll the pastry up to the size of the baking dish, you need a rolling pin and a lightly floured surface.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie?
|1 Hour 20 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie?
- Ham- Ham is the major ingredient of this recipe.
- Plain Flour- Plain flour helps to add structure to the pie.
- Turkey- Turkey is the main element of this thanksgiving recipe. Use cooked leftover turkey. Shred it or slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Pastry- You cannot make this pie without pastry.
- Egg- Egg will glaze the crust of the pastry. It’ll make the crust crispy while keeping the pie soft from the inside.
- Leeks- Leeks have a sweet and onion-like flavor. It adds more depth to the taste of this dish.
- Parsley- Parsley will add fresh herbal flavor to this delicious Thanksgiving pie.
- Mushrooms- Slice some chestnut mushrooms for this recipe. It has a nutty flavor and soft texture when cooked in the pie.
- Butter- Use butter to cook leeks, mushrooms, and ham. Butter will add more flavor and a nice texture to the veggies.
- Creme Fraiche- This French sour cream. It gives an acidic and tangy taste to the pie.
- Chicken Stock- Use chicken stock for the sauce in the pie. You can also add vegetable stock if you don’t have chicken stock.
- Sea salt- Use sea salt to enhance the taste of the turkey and ham pie.
- Pepper- Use freshly ground black pepper to add heat.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie
1. Cook Leeks, Mushrooms, and Ham
Add butter to a hot pan over medium heat. Add leek to the pan when the butter melts. Cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes until they soften. Remove them from the pan and set them aside to cool. Now, add mushrooms and ham to the same pan over medium heat. Cook them (about 5 minutes) until the mushrooms soften.
2. Prep The Sauce
Add plain flour to the pan and stir for a few minutes (make sure there are no lumps). Now add chicken stock to this pan and stir. As it starts boiling, add creme fraiche to the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Let this sauce reduce and thicken.
3. Add Turkey
Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the leeks and turkey pieces. Add parsley and set this turkey filling aside. Let it cool completely before baking it into the pie.
4. Roll The Pastry
In a medium-sized pie dish, transfer the turkey and ham filling. Roll the pastry using a rolling pin on a floured surface. Cover the pie dish with this pastry and trim the excess pastry with a sharp knife and seal the edges of the pan with the pastry dough. You can make a small hole in the center of this pastry lid to let the steam escape.
5. Bake It!
Brush the crust of the pastry with egg and bake it for about 40 to 50 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden brown.
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey and ham pie has a delicious flaky crust with a savory filling of turkey and ham. The sauce in the filling has the nutty flavor of mushrooms and has the earthy delight of leeks and parsley. So, grab your spoon and dig in this crispy golden pie! Enjoy this Thanksgiving meal with your family.
Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Rolling Pin
- 21 ounces Turkey (shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 7 ounces Ham (roughly chopped)
- 14 ounces Puff Pastry
- 7 ounces Chestnut Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Leeks (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 0.8 ounces Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 0.88 ounces Butter
- 5 ounces Creme Fraiche
- 17 ounces Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Take a large saucepan over medium heat and add butter to it. Add leeks and cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes until they're soft. Transfer the leeks into a plate and then set them aside.
- Add mushrooms and ham to the same pan and cook for about 5 minutes until they're tender. Sprinkle plain flour over it and stir. Add the chicken stock and bring it to boil. Then , add creme fraiche and simmer for few minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the turkey and the leeks. Add chopped parsley and keep the filling aside to cool for few minutes.
- Add the filling to the baking dish. Roll the pastry using a rolling pin and cover the baking dish with the pastry. Brush the crust of the pastry with beaten egg and bake it in a preheated oven (200 C) for about 40 to 50 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Try this recipe and share your experience in the comments below.