Do you want a unique yet easy-to-make dessert? I suggest you try Gordon Ramsay’s carrot cake macaroons. These small heavenly bites are the best combination of two desserts; carrot cake and macaroons.
The recipe is so simple, you don’t need to own a French patisserie to make it. A little mixing here, a little baking there and you have an elegant dessert. Macaroons are usually dipped in chocolate and carrot cakes are served with icing. You can play with both and dip it in either one.
Also, macaroons are different from macarons. Macaron is a meringue-based dessert that is filled with sweet cream or jam. Macaroons, on the other hand, are crispy cakes made with coconut, eggs, and nuts. So, don’t confuse the two. Without any further ado, let’s make our sweet carrot cake macaroons. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Wellington– Gordon Ramsay’s turkey wellington is the perfect dish for a feast. The wellington is layered with golden puff pastry, soft crepes, meaty stuffing and juicy turkey. Serve it with cranberry sauce and gravy and enjoy your amazing dinner.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pie– Gordon Ramsay’s chicken pie is like no other. This deconstructed pie is served as a creamy chicken vegetable sauce and baked puff pastry. It is really easy to make and you can taste the earthy vegetables, creamy chicken, and golden pastry in each bite.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes-Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes are soft, fluffy, and healthy. These delicious pancakes are served with a sweet and tangy lime syrup. This is definitely a great breakfast to freshen up your mood.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Quinoa Salad– Gordon Ramsay’s quinoa salad is a delicious way to switch to healthy eating. The salad is a like a breath of fresh air, literally. It has cucumber lime zest, and mint. Also, the almonds give a little crunch in every bite.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons?
- Large Bowl– You’ll mix all the ingredients for the dessert in a large bowl.
- Baking Tray and Greaseproof Paper- Baking tray for baking and greaseproof paper, so the dessert doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Oven– Bake the carrot cake macaroons in here.
- Spoon and Dessertspoon– A dessert spoon is bigger than a teaspoon but smaller than a tablespoon. So, it is the right size to scoop the macaroon mixture. The spoon can be used for mixing.
- Grater and Knife– Use this duo for the grating and chopping in the recipe.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons?
- Coconut and Carrot– These are the main ingredients for this combination dessert.
- Walnuts– Nuts are also a staple ingredient when you make macarons. Walnuts add a nutty taste and crunch to the little cakes.
- Egg Whites– Egg whites act as a binding agent for the mixture and keep it together.
- Cinnamon, Ginger and Nutmeg– This trio adds a spicy and strong aroma to your carrot cake macaroons.
- Golden Caster Sugar and Salt– Golden caster sugar adds sweetness to the cakes and a little bit of salt balances it.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons?
1. Everything Goes Into The Bowl
Take a large bowl and add coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to it. Mix them and then add the grated carrots, walnuts, sugar and spice to it. Lastly, add the egg white to this mixture. Mix it until everything is combined well.
2. Scoopie Do!
Now, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper so your macaroons don’t stick to it. Then, take a dessert spoon and use it to scoop the mixture on the tray. Keep a distance of 1 cm between each scoop. Use your hands to make these mounds a bit circular.
3. Into The Oven
Place the baking tray in the oven, which has been preheated to 170˚C. Bake the carrot cake macaroons for about 15-20 minutes until they become golden and crispy. Take them out and let them cool down for a while. After that, all there’s left to do is enjoy this delicious dessert.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons Look And Taste Like?
The carrot cake macarons look golden and crispy. The orange of the carrot is the prominent color in the cakes. When you take a bite of these, you’ll get the taste of carrot and coconut with a strong aroma of the spices. The cake is sweet and the unsweetened coconut balances the sweetness of the carrot.
Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Greaseproof Paper
- Spoon and Dessertspoon
- Grater and Knife
- 200 g Unsweetened Dessicated Coconut
- 1 large Carrot (grated)
- 50 g Walnuts (chopped)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 75 g Golden Caster Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven at 170˚C and start the rest of the prep.
- Now, take a bowl and add coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to it and mix.
- Then, add walnuts, carrots, sugar, and salt to it. Lastly, add the egg whites to it and mix until combined.
- When the mixture’s ready, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Using a dessertspoon, scoop 20 spoons of this mixture on the tray, keeping each one about 1 cm apart. Roll the scoops with your hands to give a round shape.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake the little macaroons for 15-20 minutes. Take them out once they look golden and crispy.
- Let them cool for a while and then serve.
Do try this simple dessert and tell us in the comments how well you liked it. Also, you can mention any recipe you want us to write in the comments below. Until next time, take care.