Do you want a unique, yet easy-to-make dessert? I suggest you to try these carrot cake macaroons by Gordon Ramsay. These small heavenly bites are the best combination of two desserts; carrot cake and macaroons.
To make carrot cake macaroons at home, start by mixing coconut, shredded carrot, egg whites, spices, and seasonings in a bowl until well combined.
Using a dessert spoon, scoop the mixture on the tray and bake little macaroons for 15 to 20 minutes until they look golden and crispy.
You can also add a touch of vanilla paste or vanilla extract to round out the coconut flavor.
Macaroons are usually dipped in chocolate and carrot cakes are served with icing. You can play with both and dip it in either one. Also, macaroons are different from macarons.
Macaron is a meringue-based dessert that is filled with sweet cream or jam. Macaroons, on the other hand, are crispy cakes made with coconut, eggs, and nuts. So, don’t confuse the two.
Without any further ado, let’s make our sweet carrot cake macaroons. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes
- Gordon Ramsay Quinoa Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Chili Corn Carne
- Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
- Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon
- Gordon Beef Short Ribs
What Are The Carrot Cake Macaroons?
Carrot cake macaroons are a type of cookie that is made with shredded carrots, coconut, and other ingredients. They are often served as a dessert or snack, and are a popular choice for parties and potlucks.
Carrot cake macaroons are typically made with a cream cheese frosting, which gives them a rich and decadent flavor.
How Are Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons Different From The Regular Macaroons?
Gordon Ramsay carrot cake macaroons are made with real carrots, while regular macaroons are made with coconut flakes.
The difference in ingredients gives the Gordon Ramsay carrot cake macaroons a sweeter, more moist taste, while the regular macaroons have a drier, chewy texture.
Gordon Ramsay Carrot cake macaroons also have a cream cheese frosting, while regular macaroons are usually just dusted with powdered sugar.
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
- For crispier and lighter macaroons, increase the amount of coconut to five cups.
- For meringue-like macaroons, whisk the egg whites in a standing mixer until they hold soft peaks, then gradually add the sugar until it holds stiff peaks. Whisk in salt, then fold in the shredded carrot by hand.
- For larger or smaller macaroons, keep the recipe as is, but adjust the baking time to match (longer for big macaroons; shorter for small macaroons).
- Dip or drizzle the baked macaroons in melted chocolate, wrap the coconut mixture around a whole almond, or fold up to one cup of chopped dried fruit into the coconut mixture.
- Toast the coconut and walnuts for deeper cocoa and nutty flavor. Coconut toasts quickly, so don’t turn your back from the oven for too long. You can also do the stove top or microwave method.
- You can temper your chocolate to ensure that when you enjoy your macaroons, they won’t melt in your hands! Check out this tempering guide from The Food Xp here. I didn’t include these instructions in the recipe, though.
- Grate your carrot – only one (max two if they’re on the small side)! Freshly grated carrots have way more moisture than pre-packaged ones. Don’t skimp out here!
- Mix it up: If you like raisins (ok, fine), throw some in! If you want to use dark or milk chocolate, why not? Try walnuts, any nut, or simply skip them entirely! Or go all-in and dunk or smother these babies in cream cheese frosting because you can.
Can You Make Carrot Cake Macaroons Without Oven?
Yes, you can make carrot cake macaroons without baking! All you need is a food processor, a bowl, a spoon, and a refrigerator. Simply combine all of the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until the carrots are finely chopped.
Then, spoon the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour. The macaroons will be firm and ready to eat!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
- Oven – Bake the carrot cake macaroons in here until crispy.
- Baking Tray – Baking tray is used to bake the carrot cake macaroons.
- Parchment Paper – Line the parchment paper on a baking tray, so the dessert doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Large Bowl – You’ll mix all the ingredients for the dessert in a large bowl.
- Spoon – The spoon is used to mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Dessert – Spoon – A dessert spoon is bigger than a teaspoon but smaller than a tablespoon. So, it is the right size to scoop the macaroon mixture.
- Grater – Use the grater for grating carrots and nutmeg.
- Knife – Chop the walnuts using a knife for the recipe.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
- Coconut – The flaky base for carrot cake macaroons is shredded coconut. This is the sweetened flake coconut you can find in a bag the baking aisle.
- Carrot – We’ll be using fresh grated carrots, which we’ll want to be nice and fine. I’m talking teeny tiny grated carrot, not just shredded like you might for carrot cake or carrot cake cupcakes.
- Egg Whites – Egg whites act as a binding agent for the mixture and keep it together.
- Oil – Spray some oil on the baking tray before lining the parchment paper.
- Walnuts – Nuts are also a staple ingredient when you make macarons. Walnuts add a nutty taste and crunch to the little cakes.
- Nutmeg – Add grated nutmeg to the cake for a kick of warm and slightly sweet taste.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon will add a spicy and strong aroma to your carrot cake macaroons.
- Golden Caster Sugar – Golden caster sugar adds sweetness to the cakes.
- Salt – A little bit of salt will balances the flavors of the cake.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
Step 1- Take a large bowl and add four egg whites. Use a blender to mix the egg whites properly. Add caster sugar to this mix and keep blending it with a hand blender.
Step 2- Now add some grater carrot, unsweetened desiccated coconut, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, and pinch of salt to it.
Step 3- Now, spray some oil on the baking tray and line it with parchment paper so your macaroons don’t stick to it. Then, take a dessert spoon and use it to scoop the mixture on the tray.
Step 4- Place the baking tray in the oven, which has been preheated to 180˚C. Bake the carrot cake macaroons for about 20 to 25 minutes until they become golden and crispy.
Step 5- Take them out and let them cool down for a while. After that, all there’s left to do is enjoy this delicious dessert.
How To Store Leftover Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
Gordon Ramsay carrot cake macaroons freeze well. Put the fully cooled macaroons in airtight containers and freeze for up to 1 month.
If you need to stack the macaroons in the container then put a layer of baking parchment (parchment paper) in between the layers.
Leftovers should keep in an airtight container for a further 2 to 3 days (do not re-freeze thawed macaroons).
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay carrot cake macarons look golden and crispy. The orange of the carrot is the prominent color in the cake.
When you take a bite of these, you’ll get the taste of carrot and coconut with a strong aroma of the spices. The cake is sweet and the unsweetened coconut balances the sweetness of the carrot.
Crispy on the outside, moist, and chewy on the inside, these easy carrot cake macaroons are filled with all of the flavors and warm spices of carrot cake.
How Do You Defrost Carrot Cake Macaroons?
Our macaroons stay freshest when they are refrigerated as soon as possible and eaten within 5 to 7 days. For best flavor, bring to room temperature before eating for about 10 minutes.
To defrost the macaroons, put them on a wire rack at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. The macaroons can also be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container.
Can You Toast The Coconut For Macaroons?
The proper color of a macaroon is a matter of great controversy and personal taste. Snowy-white or toasted golden? As you can see, we prefer classic macaroons, we have skipped the toasting step and keep an eye on our macaroons as they bake.
At around 15 minutes, the tips will just be starting to turn golden, and that’s probably when you’ll want to pull them from the oven.
However, if you crave for a well-toasted macaroon, toast the coconut just slightly before even mixing it with the egg whites. Once baked, these turn a lovely golden color with a delicately crunchy shell and a deep coconut flavor.
Can You Freeze Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons?
Yes, absolutely! The carrot cake macaroons can be frozen for up to 3 months. (If you plan to dip them in chocolate, wait until you thaw them to do that.)
Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container separating layers with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Before serving, remove the cookies from the container and let them come to room temperature.
Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Greaseproof Paper
- Dessert Spoon
- 1 large Carrot (Grated)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 200 g Unsweetened Dessicated Coconut
- 50 g Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 75 g Golden Caster Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Take a large bowl and add four egg whites. Use a blender to mix the egg whites properly. Add caster sugar to this mix and keep blending it with a hand blender.
- Now add some grater carrot, unsweetened desiccated coconut, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, and pinch of salt to it.
- Now, spray some oil on the baking tray and line with parchment paper so your macaroons don’t stick to it. Then, take a dessert spoon and use it to scoop the mixture on the tray.
- Place the baking tray in the oven, which has been preheated to 180˚C. Bake the carrot cake macaroons for about 20 to 25 minutes until they become golden and crispy.
- Take them out and let them cool down for a while. After that, all there’s left to do is enjoy this delicious dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are macaroons?
Most cookies use butter and eggs for substance and binding, but macaroons are pretty different. There are no egg yolks, and no butter whatsoever. They’re light! Which means they are so supremely poppable, and if you’re like me, you’ll find yourself eating nearly the entire batch in one day, because… Well… You’ll just have to see for yourself.
What is the difference between macaroons and macarons?
Both cookies are made with egg whites, sugar, a few drops of vanilla and a pinch of salt. However, macarons are typically made with finely ground blanched almonds, while macaroons are made with sweetened flaked coconut.
Why are carrot cake macarons so pricey?
Carrot cake macarons are more expensive than the average sweet treat because of the costly ingredients and the time and expertise involved in making it. Coconut and egg whites are the two main ingredients that make up a macaron. In relation to other ingredients, unsweetened desiccated coconut is several times more expensive.
What are the two types of macaroons?
There are actually two main methods of making macarons – the Italian method and the French method (the third method is the Swiss which is not as popular). Both methods yield essentially the same yummy and gorgeous looking concoction that most people will recognize as a macaron.
Do try this simple carrot cake macaroons and tell us in the comments how well you liked it. Also, you can mention any recipe you want us to write in the comments below. Until next time, take care.