Gordon Ramsay’s crab cake is a doodle and anyone can make this Gordon Ramsay recipe at home. A quick and easy crab cake is tempting. The crab cake originated from Native American Cuisine. It is associated with Maryland and is popular across the Chesapeake Bay. However, Gordon Ramsay has made some distinctive changes in the authentic crab cake recipe.
The delicious crab cake with creamed corn and roasted asparagus adds an alluring flavor. This crab cake is low in fat and calories, hence, makes for a healthy meal. You can add either lump crab meat or claw crab meat. One is more expensive than the other. However, adding both generally serves a potent flavor.
We’ll jump in to know the easiest recipe and the pro tips to prevent the cake from falling down. Shape the cake the night before and let it rest or keep it cold to retain the shape. The outer layer of the crab cake will be crisp if we follow the steps properly.
Don’t have panko at home? Well, worry not. I have a solution. Here are some of the panko substitutes that will help you make you crab cake crispy and delicious.
Let’s not miss this tempting and nutritious crab cake recipe with Gordan Ramsay’s additions.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macarons
- Gordon Ramsay Squash Hummus
- Gordon Ramsay Braised Cabbage
- Gordon Ramsay Mutton Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Stuffed Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Beetroot Cured Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus?
- Pan – Use a non-stick pan to saute the vegetables until they are translucent.
- Spatula – To mix the sauteed vegetables, we’ll use a firm spatula.
- Cookie cutter – A cookie cutter would do justice to get the cake in the right shape.
- Oven – Once the cake is ready with the dressing on the top of it, use the oven for heating it up.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus?
For Crab Cake
- Shallots/Onions – Take a few shallots/onions to give it a homely feeling.
- Garlic – A spoonful of minced garlic will add the aroma to the cake.
- Butter – The crab cake fried in a pan full of melted butter will add brownish color
- Old Bay Seasoning – Add the seasoning for the spice and peppery flavor.
- Crab Meat – 1lb crab meat and 1lb backfin crab meat blend needs to be added for the potent flavor.
- Flour – It will be used for binding the cake to set the vegetables firmly.
- Egg (yolk) – Once the cake is dipped into the egg, the outer layer becomes crisp.
- Panko Bread Crumbs –Coat the cake with bread crumbs for the perfect binding of the crab cake.
- Lemon Zest – The zest will add the tangy flavor to the crab meat.
- Salt and Pepper – Season it with salt and pepper for salty and peppery flavor
- Oil – To get the crisp fry add the crab cake.
For Creamed Corn
- Yellow onion – Dice them into small pieces. Sauté’ Em in a pan.
- Cream – Take heavy cream mix it with corn and prepare the dressing.
- Corn – It is a good source of antioxidants. Add one full packet of corn.
- Asparagus – Sautéed, coated with oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper asparagus will compliment the crab cake.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus
1. Saute’ The Veggies
Add some chopped shallots/onion, a little touch of chopped garlic, saute ‘em in a non-stick pan until they are translucent, add some crab meat, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
2. Blend The Ingredients
Once the veggies are cooked let them cool down. Take a large bowl to mix shallots, garlic, and bay seasoning with the blend of lump and backfin of crab meat. Further, add the rest of the ingredients.
3. The Endgame
Put the mixed batter into the cookie cutter to give it the shape of the cake. Bind it with flour, egg yellow, and panko bread crumbs. Coat the crab cake from all sides. Deep fry it into melted butter. Once it is fried, put it in the oven for 5 minutes. Tada! the crab cake is ready.
4. Garnish With Creamed Corn And Asparagus
Add oil in a pan with medium heat, saute corn, and asparagus separately. Mix corn with the cream, add a little lemon zest for the tangy flavor. Garnish both corn and asparagus with salt and pepper as per your taste. Serve the crab cake with the seasoning underneath.
What Will Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s crab cake is super delicious. It is made with fresh lump and backfin crab meat, diced shallot, garlic, and other spices. The asparagus and the creamed corn added underneath the crab cake looks delightful. The seasoning sprinkled on the top of it contributes to the tangy and peppery flavor. The crab cake is crisp on the outside and soft from its core.
Gordon Ramsay’s Crab Cake With Creamed Corn And Asparagus Recipe
- 2 Shallots
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 lb Crab Meat
- 2 tablespoon White Flour
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 250 g Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Cream
- ½ cup Yellow Onion
- 2 sprigs Asparagus
- Heat the pan, add a tablespoon of oil, saute the vegetables until they have formed their color. Season it with salt and black pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and blend the veggies with the crab meat. Add the spices. Mix it well.
- Put the batter into the cookie cutter to give it the shape of cake. Bind the crab cake with flour, egg yolk, and bread crumbs so that it doesn’t fall.
- Put it into the pan and fry the coated crab cake in the melted butter.
- Once the crab cake is fried, put it again in the oven.
- Take it out, garnish it with asparagus and creamed corn underneath the crab cake. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the top of it.
Do try this healthy and satisfying meal at home, also share the experience in the comments section below!!