Do you know a healthy and delicious way to eat raw fish? If not, try Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon. Since curing is an old traditional method for preserving fish, it infuses tons of delicious flavors into it. Gordon Ramsay’s way of curing salmon adds sophistication and taste to the dish.
Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon has a stunning maroon surface loaded with delicious flavors of spices. Curing extends salmon’s shelf life and also gives it a firmer texture. It’s perfectly healthy and safe to eat. Try this recipe once and you’ll love to have it in every family meal. Now, let’s hop right into the recipe instructions.
For Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon, grind coriander seeds and add them to a bowl containing salt, sugar, and grated beetroot. Zest two oranges and mix them. Pour the beetroot mixture on the salmon and rub it all over. Pack in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Rinse the salmon with cold water and serve!
Now, check out the recipe card below for recipe instructions. Watch Gordon Ramsay making this delicious beetroot cured salmon in the video mentioned below. Please rate this recipe card and save it for some special occasion. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Chicken-The gentle flavor of spices offered by this dish can help you in serving a heck of a dish. Make sure to take care of the proportions to hit the right notes.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Beef Carpaccio-Planning to whip up a spring lunch for your significant other? Accompanied by truffle sauce, roast beef carpaccio is just the right dish for you.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche-Looking for a French cuisine-based dish to kickstart a family gathering? Search no further and give a try to the rocket mushroom and bacon quiche by Gordon Ramsay.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon?
- Tray – Place the cured salmon in the tray.
- Knife – Slice the salmon with a sharp knife.
- Grater – Grate the beetroot with a grater.
- Bowl – Merge all the elements in a bowl.
- Spoon – Stir in the spices with a spoon.
- Spatula – Spread the mixture over the salmon with a spatula.
- Cling Film – Cover the cured salmon with a cling film covered on the top.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||6 Hours||6 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon?
- Salmon – Take a pound of salmon to prepare the recipe.
- Beetroot – Add some shredded beetroot to cure the salmon. Beetroot stains the outside of the salmon and brings out nice red color.
- Orange Zest – Adding orange zest will bring out fragrant flavors to the salmon.
- Coriander Seeds – Coriander seeds are the classic spice used to cure salmon.
- Sugar – Sugar will reduce the harshness and adds sweetness while curing.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the salmon with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon
1. Merge The Elements
Take a bowl to merge the elements. First, added grind coriander seeds, sugar, salt, orange zest, shredded beetroot, and black pepper. Combine the mixture evenly.
2. Next Step
Moving forward, layer the mixture over the top of the salmon. Slather the mixture all over evenly. Tap it nicely and cover it with a cling film tightly. Slightly press and keep a heavy pot on the top to speed up the process. Refrigerate to cure the salmon for 5-6 hours. You can also keep it overnight.
3. Ready To Serve
Remove the tray and wash the salmon with cold water. Thinly slice the salmon and serve with your choice of dippings and sauces. Bon Appetite!
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon looks red in color and results in a juicy texture and delectable flavors. The cured salmon is filled with an herbal blend of sharpness that tastes delightful. You can serve the cured salmon with your choice of sauces and dippings.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds Salmon
- 14 ounces Beetroot (shredded)
- 2 Oranges
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (to taste)
- Grind the coriander seeds and add them to a bowl containing sugar, salt, and grated beetroot. Zest 2 oranges on them and mix them to combine the mixture.
- Pour the beetroot mixture on the salmon and rub this mixture all over it. Pack this salmon in a plastic sheet and press the salmon with a tray.
- Now, refrigerate the salmon for at least 6 hours or overnight. Remove the salmon from the plastic sheet and rinse it with cold water.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does cured salmon?
Salmon can be cured for about 8 hours or even 2 days in the fridge.
What veggies go well with salmon?
Roasted veggies like asparagus, beans, broccoli, or zucchini are well paired with salmon.
Is cured salmon healthy?
Cured salmon is filled with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Cured salmon is highly nutritious and lowers the risk of cancer.
How do you know when salmon is cured?
The salmon is cured nicely when the skin is firm to touch and the color is changed.
Grab your apron and prepare Gordon Ramsay’s cured salmon and share it with your family and loved ones. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.