Do you know a healthy and delicious way to eat raw fish? If not, try Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon. Since curing is an old traditional method for preserving fish, it infuses tons of delicious flavors in it. Gordon Ramsay’s way of curing salmon adds sophistication and taste to the dish.
Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon has a stunning maroon surface loaded with delicious flavors of spices. Curing extends salmon’s shelf life and also gives it a firmer texture. It’s perfectly healthy and safe to eat. Try this recipe once and you’ll love to have it in every family meal. Now, let’s hop right into the recipe instructions.
For Gordon Ramsay’s beetroot cured salmon, grind coriander seeds and add them to a bowl containing salt, sugar, and grated beetroot. Zest two oranges and mix them. Pour the beetroot mixture on the salmon and rub it all over. Pack in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Rinse the salmon with cold water after removing it from the plastic bag and serve.
Now, check out the recipe card below for recipe instructions. Watch Gordon Ramsay making this delicious beetroot cured salmon in the video mentioned below. Please rate this recipe card and save it for some special occasion. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Chicken-The gentle flavor of spices offered by this dish can help you in serving a heck of a dish. Make sure to take care of the proportions to hit the right notes.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Beef Carpaccio-Planning to whip up a spring lunch for your significant other? Accompanied by truffle sauce, roast beef carpaccio is just the right dish for you.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche-Looking for a French cuisine based dish to kickstart a family gathering? Search no further and give a try to the rocket mushroom and bacon quiche by Gordon Ramsay.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon Recipe
- Plastic Sheet (or Plastic Bag)
- 2 pounds Salmon
- 14 ounces Beetroot (shredded)
- 2 Oranges
- Coriander Seeds
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Grind the coriander seeds and add them to a bowl containing sugar, salt, and grated beetroot. Zest 2 oranges on them and mix them to combine the mixture.
- Pour the beetroot mixture on the salmon and rub this mixture all over it. Pack this salmon in a plastic sheet and press the salmon with a tray.
- Now, refrigerate the salmon for at least 6 hours or overnight. Remove the salmon from the plastic sheet and rinse it with cold water.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips and serve.