Gordon Ramsay has explored a number of cuisines and among many that he has mastered, one is Indian cuisine. One such great recipe is Gordon Ramsay fish curry. The cuisine is rich in spices and flavor.
Gordon Ramsay fish curry is from the Southern region of India. The southern India region uses coconut generously in their cuisine.
The dishes are also healthy and light as compared to the northern one. Despite being light, there is no compromise in flavor and spices.
To make Gordon Ramsay fish curry, cook onions in a pan. Then, add spices, ginger, and chilies to it. After that, add coconut milk, water, and tamarind paste and cook this sauce on simmer.
Add vegetables and cook them until tender. Lastly, add the fish and cook for a few minutes. Then, serve the fish curry with white rice.
You can use fish of your choice. If you’re using a small fish, simmer it for 5-6 minutes. However, if using a big fish, then simmer it for about 8-10 minutes.
This is a sneak peek of the detailed recipe, which you will find below. But first, check out some other top Gordon Ramsay recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Bananas
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Chicken Wings
- Gordon Ramsay Gnocchi
- Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Half Hour Chili
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass Pepper Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Stuffed Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
- Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry?
- Saucepan – Cook the veggies and curry in a saucepan until it forms a creamy texture.
- Spatula – Mix the ingredients well with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- Grater – Grate the ginger with a grater to get a juicy flavor.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife into chunks for easy cooking.
- Measuring Cups – Measure the ingredients with measuring cups to avoid over flavors.
- Chopping Board – Chop the ingredients on a chopping board for easy cutting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry?
- Coconut Milk – Coconut milk is the best option to thicken curries. It will also add flavors, making the curry creamier.
- Tamarind Paste – Tamarind paste will add sourness and thickness to the curry.
- Olive Oil – Cook the veggies in olive oil until they are soft, tender and brown.
- Whitefish – Cut whitefish into small pieces and cook until tender and crispy.
- Onions – Finely slice and cook onions in a saucepan until translucent to add sweetness to the curry.
- Aubergine – Cut aubergine into small pieces and cook to add mild flavor with crispness.
- Green Beans – Trim the beans’ top and tail, cut them in half, and cook until tender, just beyond that crisp stage.
- Carrots – Cut carrots into small rounds and cook them until soft for a slightly sweet flavor with bitter notes.
- Mustard Seeds – Black mustard seeds will give a slight wasabi-like bite.
- Ground Turmeric – This warm and earthy spice with an intense yellow color will give the curry a warm yellow glow.
- Ground Cumin – Add ground cumin while making the sauce to get instant depth to the fish curry.
- Fresh Ginger – Peel and grate the fresh ginger to get all the juicy flavor.
- Red Chilies Remove seeds from red chilies and add to the curry for floral or citrus taste with smoky and savory notes.
- Sea Salt – Add salt to reduce bitterness in fish curry.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Adding black pepper to the curry will give a spicy, earthy, and distinct flavor.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry
1. Slice Them In Slices
Take half a kilogram of white fish and cut them into chunks. Finely slice one large onion, aubergines, and carrots into small pieces. Trim the top and tail of green beans and cut them in half.
Peel the skin of ginger and grate them with a grater. Remove the seeds from the red chilies and keep them aside.
2. Sauce From The Scratch
In a large saucepan, add half a tablespoon of olive oil. One heated, cook chopped onions for 10 minutes until they are tender.
Add two teaspoons of mustard seeds and cumin and one teaspoon of turmeric to the saucepan and cook until they are fragrant.
Add peeled and grated ginger, deseeded and finely chopped red chilies to the pan and stir for a minute.
Pour coconut milk and water with tamarind paste into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for some time.
3. The Final Call
Add chopped aubergines and cook for another 5 minutes when the sauce is cooked. Mix chopped carrots and heat them to medium-low until they become tender.
Add the green beans to the sauce. Cook it for 3 minutes, stir, and cook the fish for 5 minutes. Serve it with white rice, and enjoy.
|Saturated Fat||2.1 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay fish curry is a perfect blend of cumin, mustard, black pepper, and red chilies which not only give the fish curry a beautiful aroma but it will also enhance the flavor of the fish.
The ingredients used here is a mix of eastern and northern Indian culinary influences. Fish curry is full of goodness and flavor.
It is hearty without being heavy, bringing together succulent seafood with tasty Asian flavors for a meal that can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Chopping Board
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 600 g White Fish (cut it into small pieces)
- 2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 small Aubergine (cut into small pieces)
- 200 g Green Beans (top and tail trimmed, cut in half)
- 2 Carrots (cut into small rounds)
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3 cm Fresh Root Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 long Red Chilies (deseeded and finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cut white fish into chunks and finely slice onion, aubergines, and carrots into small pieces.
- Trim the top and tail of the green beans and cut them in half.
- Grate the ginger, remove the seeds from the red chilies, and keep them aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook chopped onions in olive oil for 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Add mustard seeds, turmeric, and cumin to the saucepan and stir until fragrant.
- Add peeled and grated ginger, deseeded and finely chopped red chilies to the pan and stir for a minute.
- Pour coconut milk and 400 ml of water with tamarind paste into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for some time.
- When the sauce is cooked, add the chopped aubergines and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mix chopped carrots and heat them to medium-low until they become tender.
- Add the green beans to the sauce. Cook it for 3 minutes, stir, and cook the fish for 5 minutes.
- Serve it with white rice and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I make creamy fish curry?
It is recommended to use coconut milk to make fish curry creamy, rich and fragrant.
How do you make creamy textured curry?
You must have noticed that many curry sauces have a creamy texture. Add more dairy products like Greek yogurt, heavy cream, or a thick non-dairy ingredient like coconut cream to thicken a watery curry sauce.
What to add to curry to make it taste better?
Spice up your curry by heating whole spices in oil to enhance flavor. You can add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and seeds for the perfect taste, making you keep curry for longer in the freezer.
How do you reduce bitterness in fish curry?
Add sugar and salt in equal proportions, mix well and taste until the curry is no longer bitter—sugar and salt help to reduce bitterness. You can use any sweetener or salt you like.
This traditional fish curry recipe is made with whole five spices and gets a bit of a kick from red chilies. Serve it on a bed of hot plain boiled rice. If you love this recipe, then give it a try. Don’t forget to share your experience with us.