Gordon Ramsay has explored a number of cuisines and among many that he has mastered, one is Indian cuisine. The cuisine is rich in spices and flavor. He also did a TV show on the recipes of India. One such great recipe is for fish curry.
Gordon Ramsay’s fish curry is from the Southern region of India. The southern India region uses coconut generously in their cuisine. The dishes are also healthy and light as compared to the northern one. Despite being light, there is no compromise in flavor and spices.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s fish curry, cook onions in a pan. Then, add spices, ginger, and chilies to it. After that, add coconut milk, water, and tamarind paste and cook this sauce on simmer. Add vegetables and cook them until tender. Lastly, add the fish and cook for a few minutes. Then, serve the fish curry with white rice.
This is a sneak peek of the detailed recipe, which you will find below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Shrimp Scampi– The recipe for shrimp scampi from Gordon Ramsay is super creamy. You can even use frozen scampi to whip this up.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Hot Chicken Wings– Take the spice scale up a notch with hot chicken wings recipe from Gordon Ramsay. You can choose the level of spice as per your palate.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Gnocchi– Gnocchi is a highly celebrated Italian dish. You might think it is highly complicated but once you check out Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, your illusions will be shattered.
Gordon Ramsay’s Fish Curry Recipe
- Large, Shallow Saucepan
- 600 g meaty, white Fish (cut it into small pieces)
- 2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 small Aubergine (cut into small pieces)
- 200 g Green Beans (top and tail trimmed, cut in half)
- 2 Carrots (cut into small rounds)
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3cm piece of Fresh Root Ginger (peeled, grated)
- 2 long Red Chillies (deseeded, finely chopped)
- 1 400ml-tin Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- ½ tablespoon Flavourless Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook onions in it for about 10 minutes until they become tender.
- Then, add mustard seeds, turmeric, and cumin to it and stir them until fragrant. After that, add ginger and red chilies and stir for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, tamarind paste, and about 400 ml water to the saucepan. Bring this to a boil and then cook on simmer for some time.
- When the sauce has cooked for some time, add the aubergines and cook for about 5 minutes. Then, add the carrots and cook for another 15 minutes on low heat until they become tender.
- Then, it is time to add the green beans. Cook the beans for 3 minutes and stir in the fish after that. Cook the fish for 4-5 minutes.
- With that, your fish curry is ready. Serve it with white rice and enjoy.