If you are craving something delicious from Middle Eastern cuisine, look no further. Gordon Ramsay’s lamb kofta recipe is the one for you. It is not made with tomato curry as koftas are made. Instead, it is served with a mint and yogurt dressing.
Koftas are different from kebabs. Kebabs are made on skewers over an open fire and then served with naan and raita. You can replace these with pita and tahini sauce. Meanwhile, koftas are balls made from a minced lamb mixture. These balls are fried and cooked in spicy curry.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s lamb kofta, cook onions and garlic in a pan. Add cumin and chili flakes to it and cook for 2 minutes. Then, mix minced lamb and the onion mixture and shape them into balls. Cook the meatballs in a griddle pan for about 5-6 minutes. Serve the lamb kofta with mint and yogurt dressing.
This is only a snippet of the entire recipe. Find the whole recipe below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Kofta Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Griddle Pan
- 500 g Lamb (minced)
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds (toasted, ground)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Mint Leaves (chopped)
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For The Dressing
- A small bunch of Mint Leaves (bashed)
- ½ teaspoon Toasted Cumin Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook onions and garlic in it until tender. Add a little cumin and chili flakes to it and saute for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the minced lamb and the onion mixture. Also, add mint, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to it. Mix it using your hands and make sure everything blends perfectly.
- Take a handful of this mixture and shape it into a small ball. Make small balls of the mixture.
- Place the balls on a plate and drizzle oil over them. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- After that, place a griddle pan over the heat. Place some balls on the pan and cook them for 5-6 minutes until they are brown from all sides.
- Make the dressing by mixing bashed mint, cumin, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve the lamb kofta with this dressing.