Thanksgiving is almost here! Are you hosting the thanksgiving dinner? If yes, how about giving a touch of Middle Eastern flavor to your family feast? For that, add Gordon Ramsay’s roasted squash hummus to your thanksgiving menu. This delicious hummus is a creamy smooth dip (or spread) made with roasted squash and chickpea. It’s flavored with spices and tahini (Middle Eastern condiment). So, let’s move on to the recipe for this delicious hummus.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, bring the best festive vibes to the dinner table with Gordon Ramsay’s roasted squash hummus. This roasted squash is seasoned with an aromatic spice rub and contains chickpeas with tahini to intensify the flavor. It has a nice thick consistency and complements every Thanksgiving side dish. You can use a food processor in place of a blender. Also, if you do not have a mortar to grind the spices, use a blender or a grinder.
To start with the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s roasted squash hummus, read the lists below. This recipe needs easily available ingredients and easy-to-handle equipment. Trust me! It’s so easy that you might not possibly wait for Thanksgiving once you read this article. To know the equipment and ingredients, read the lists below.
Follow the steps of instructions exactly as mentioned to make your squash hummus look and taste exactly as described below. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Thanksgiving recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Sauce– Gordon Ramsay’s bread sauce is a light sauce for your Christmas feast. It goes perfectly well with chicken as well as turkey. The thick sauce is flavored with spices that make it all the better.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Wellington– Gordon Ramsay’s turkey wellington is a great way to try something new for Thanksgiving while still sticking to the traditions. The wellington is layered with pastry, crepes, stuffing, and turkey. It is amazing and great for a high-end dinner.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Breast– If you want a traditional Thanksgiving recipe but for an intimate dinner, try Gordon Ramsay’s turkey breast. It is a deliciously juicy turkey with crispy golden skin. It tasted like herbs, fat, and Thanksgiving.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Honey Glazed Ham– The second best thing to turkey for Thanksgiving ham and what better recipe for ham than Gordon Ramsay’s honey glazed ham. The ham has a spicy and sweet flavor and looks perfect when roasted.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to keep the ingredients before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- You’ll need a saucepan to toast the spices for the spice rub.
- Spatula- To stir the mixture or the spices in the pan, you’ll need a spatula.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add the ingredients like spices to the pan or the paste to the blender etc.
- Roasting Pan- In this recipe, you’ll have to use an oven-proof roasting pan to roast the squash. So, make sure you have it in your kitchen.
- Knife- Use a sharp kitchen knife along with a chopping tray to cut the cubes or slices of the squash.
- Blender- To make smooth hummus, use a blender or a food processor.
- Oven- You’ll need an oven to roast the squash cubes.
- Mortar- Use a mortar to grind the toasted spices into fine powder.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus?
- Squash- Use a peeled and deseeded butternut squash. Cut it into small cubes in the recipe.
- Garlic cloves- Use bashed garlic cloves to add a nice seasoning flavor to the hummus.
- Fresh Root Ginger- Use a peeled and finely chopped fresh root ginger. It adds a bit of spicy flavor to the hummus.
- Olive oil- Drizzle olive oil over squash cubes before roasting them.
- Tahini- This middle eastern condiment made from the ground hulled sesame. It’s a major ingredient in hummus. It’s mostly used in Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine.
- Chickpeas- Use a can of chickpea for this recipe. Make sure they’re carefully rinsed and drained.
- Lemon- Add the juice of a half lemon to give an acidic twist to the hummus.
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper- Salt and pepper are the basic ingredient for seasoning.
- Pita Bread or Flatbread- Use a warm or griddled flatbread or pita bread to serve with Gordon Ramsay’s roasted squash hummus.
- Ras El Hanout Spice Blend- For spice blend, make ras el hanout spice. For this you’ll need cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and a teaspoon of paprika.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus
1. Prep The Spice Rub!
In a dry saucepan over medium heat, add cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Toast these spices and keep shaking the pan to prevent the spices from burning. Now, remove them from the pan and transfer them into a mortar. Add paprika and grind the mixture into fine powder.
2. Roast The Squash!
First, preheat the oven at 180 C. Cut the squash into small cubes and season them with salt and pepper. Add spice rub to the squash cubes along with ginger and garlic and drizzle olive oil over them. Now, transfer them to the roasting pan and roast in the oven for about 10 to 11 minutes. Once the squash cubes are cooked and crispy brown on the outside, remove them from the oven and leave them aside to cool.
3. Blend It Into Creamy Hummus
Transfer the squash cubes into the blender. Add boiled chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice. Blend the mixture until creamy smooth.
Pour this dip into the bowl and serve with pita bread or a flatbread.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||21781 IU|
|Vitamin C||47 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus Look and Taste?
Now, it’s time to taste Gordon Ramsay’s roasted squash Hummus. This creamy smooth hummus gives an aromatic spicy twist to the celebration meal. It has the goodness of squash and chickpeas spiced up with a traditional spice blend. The lime juice adds a twisty flavor to the dip. It’s a perfect condiment for a thanksgiving side dish. So, enjoy your meal, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Gordon Ramsay’s Roasted Squash Hummus Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- 1.8 pounds Butternut Squash (peeled, deseeded, and cubed)
- 14 ounces Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (bashed)
- 1 inch Fresh Root Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Pitta Bread (warmed or griddled)
For Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoons Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- To a hot pan over medium heat, add cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Shake the pan to avoid burning and toast the spices for about a minute.
- Transfer the spices into the mortar, add paprika and grind the spices into fine powder.
- Now, slice the squash into fine cubes, season them with salt and pepper and place them on a roasting tray. Add spice blend to the squash along with ginger and garlic, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and mix them well for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the pan and keep it aside to cool. Then, add the squash to a blender, add chick peas, and tahini to the blender. Squeeze half lemon into the mixture and two tablespoons of olive oil. Blend them into a creamy smooth mixture.
- Adjust the taste by adding the seasoning spices, transfer the hummus into a bowl, sprinkle some spice blend and serve with pitta bread or flatbread.
Try this recipe and share with us your experience in the comments below.