We have been trying various spaghetti-based recipes. But this Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti is easy, flavorful, and made with fresh ingredients. This recipe has everything you need: pasta and meat.
The best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t take much time to prepare. Yes, when our chef presented this recipe within half an hour, we were unsure about its taste. But it was delicious. The browned sausage has added a slightly smoky flavor to the dish.
While preparing this recipe, the chef advised using Italian sausage, which needs no boiling before cooking and gives the dish a slightly smoky flavor. He also emphasized following the recipe guide below, which has answered everything you need to know about this recipe.
So, what are you thinking of? Try this recipe from the comfort of your home. While scrolling through the article, you will find all the necessary information about this recipe. Check out them and go ahead.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti recipe that our chef has prepared. The ingredients used in this recipe are very similar to those used by the renowned chef. Besides this, we’ve followed the recipe step-by-step as he did.
The result we got is unbelievable. It’s flavorful, friendly, and creamy sausage spaghetti. The best part is that it is straightforward to make and requires only half an hour to prepare, with the simple ingredients. This recipe is sure to try. We bet you will relish this recipe.
Is Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Different From Sausage Spaghetti?
Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti is entirely different from the regular sausage spaghetti. Gordon Ramsay uses creme fraiche to make the sauce, while other recipes prefer tomato-based sauce.
Besides this, Gordon Ramsay has used pork sausage for this recipe, while other recipes use chicken or beef sausages. On top of that, other recipes boil sausages beforehand, whereas Gordon Ramsay directly cooked the sausages while making the sauce.
Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Recipe?
- Budget-Friendly – This recipe has affordable ingredients and many fresh vegetables, garlic, Italian seasoning, and fresh herbs.
- Customizable – You can customize this recipe easily per your preferences, and it is relatively easy to make. Also, you don’t have to measure everything precisely. Just put whatever you have in your pantry before they go bad.
- Healthy – This recipe is a great way to use up fresh veggies. Add bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, kale, or greens in your fridge that you need to use up!
- Delicious – The Italian sausage and spaghetti go well together. This meal is easy to make, and it tastes great. It tastes like a pasta dish from an excellent Italian restaurant and could become one of your family’s favorite meals.
What Kind Of Sausages Does Gordon Ramsay Use In This Recipe?
Gordon Ramsay has used pork sausages flavored with fennel seeds or other herbs and spices. These sausages are slightly sweet and savory and pair well with the spaghetti. However, you can also use other links in Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti recipe. Some of them are:
- Italian Sausage – We’ve used sausage flavored with fennel seeds, garlic, and other herbs and spices. Also, they are slightly sweet and savory and somewhat similar to fennel or Sicilian sausages.
- Spanish Sausage – Spanish sausage is made with pork and is flavored with smoked paprika, garlic, and other spices. It has a smoky and slightly spicy flavor that can be a good choice if you want to add heat to your dish.
- Merguez – Last but not least, Merguez is made with lamb or beef and is flavored with cumin, chili peppers, and other spices. It has a spicy and slightly exotic flavor if you want to try something new.
Equipment Required For Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Saucepan – Boil the spaghetti in a saucepan until al dente.
- Frying Pan – Use a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan to cook the sausage meat and prepare the sausage spaghetti.
- Knife – Use a sharp kitchen knife to slit open the sausages, chop onions and parsley, and mince the garlic.
- Grater – You will need a grater to zest a lemon for the recipe.
- Spatula – Stir the spaghetti in the pan until each strand is coated with a spatula.
- Bowls – Serve the prepared sausage spaghetti in serving bowls and top it with chopped parsley.
- Colander – Drain the water from cooked spaghetti for the recipe using a colander.
Gordon Ramsay Banana Sausage Spaghetti Ingredients
- Sausages – This recipe uses Italian links as it is slightly sweet and savory. But you can also use chicken or pork sausage in this recipe. However, the taste may change.
- Spaghetti – Boil a packet of dried spaghetti until al dente for this recipe. But make sure it is boiled and dried a bit.
- Chicken Stock – Thicken the sauce by adding chicken stock. You can also use the pasta water instead of stock for the same effect.
- Crème Fraîche – Add a creamy touch to your sausage spaghetti with creme fraiche. Besides making this dish creamy, it will also add a slightly sour taste.
- Vegetable Oil – Fry the pork sausage and saute the veggies in vegetable oil. You can also try sunflower oil instead.
- Onion – Chop a small red onion to add a mildly sweet flavor to this spaghetti sausage recipe.
- Garlic – Crush two garlic cloves to add a slightly spicy flavor to this recipe.
- Lemons – Grate the lemon for the zest and freshly squeeze lemon to give this sausage spaghetti recipe a zesty and acidic twist.
- Chili Flakes – Use some chili flakes to add heat to the spaghetti.
- Parsley Leaves – Garnish chopped parsley leaves over the dish to give it a fresh and earthy flavor.
- Salt – Season this recipe with salt to enhance the flavor.
- Black Pepper – Add a pinch of black pepper for a spicy take.
Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Ingredients Substitutions
- Sausages – You can substitute Italian sausages with other links, such as Spanish chorizo or Merguez. You can also use ground beef or ground pork in place of sausages. You can also prefer plant-based sausage.
- Spaghetti – We’ve used spaghetti, but you can substitute it with other pasta types, such as linguine, fettuccine, or penne.
- Vegetables – Feel free to experiment with other veggies like mushrooms or peppers.
- Creme Fraiche – If you don’t have creme fraiche handy, use sour cream instead.
- Chicken Stock – Substitute chicken stock with water, bouillon cubes, or vegetable stock.
Can You Use Italian Sausage In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use Italian sausage in Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti recipe, as it has a mild and versatile flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients. These sausages are made with pork and flavored with fennel seeds, garlic, and other herbs and spices.
However, if you cannot find Italian sausage, you can substitute other types of sausages. Otherwise, you can also use ground beef or pork instead of links. However, the taste may be changed slightly.
Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes|
Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Recipe Steps
Step 1- Put a large saucepan of salted water on high heat and add the spaghetti.
Step 2- Boil the spaghetti for around ten to eleven minutes on a low heat
Step 3- Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat.
Step 4- When it is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan and let it splutter.
Step 5- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook the onion until the onions have softened.
Step 6- Add chili flakes to the pan.
Step 7- Add the sausage meat to the pan and fry the meat until golden brown with a spatula.
Step 8- Pour in the stock and let it cook until the amount of liquid has reduced by half.
Step 9- Now is the time to add drained pasta to the sausage sauce in the frying pan.
Step 10- Add creme fraiche and stir in parsley.
Step 11- Grate lemon zest, season it with salt and pepper, give it a good stir, and serve.
Step 12- Your Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti is ready.
Tips To Make This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Better
- Drain the excess fat once the sausage is cooked to eliminate extra grease and calories.
- You can make this dish meat-free! For this, use sausage made from plants, like Beyond sausage.
- Use gluten-free pasta made from brown rice, chickpeas, beans, etc. to make it gluten-free.
- Try different greens. This dish works well with Swiss chard, arugula, or kale.
- Instead of making it cheesy, you can add tomato sauce for a richer flavor.
- Splash dry red wine into this recipe to make the sauce taste richer.
- Allow the dish to rest for a few minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together, and the sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve your spaghetti with a dollop of ricotta cheese to each serving for added richness and creaminess.
Is It Better To Boil Sausage Before Cooking?
Boiling sausage before cooking depends on the type of sausage you are using. If you use Italian sausage, there is no need to cook as they are pre-cooked and require only browning. However, if you are using raw links, it must be boiled beforehand.
Also, boiling sausage before cooking depends on the cookbook you are following. Talking of this recipe, we have yet to cook sausages beforehand. Else, it’s entirely up to you.
Does Gordon Ramsay Cook His Sausages In Oil Or Butter?
Gordon Ramsay uses oil to cook his sausages. You can cook sausages in oil without burning them, which has a higher smoke point than butter. Besides this, oil has a neutral flavor so that it won’t overpower the taste of sausages.
How Will This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Look And Taste Like?
Recreating Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti was tricky but was a comforting experience. It looks colorful and smells fantastic. This incredible spaghetti dish has delicious crispy meat crumbs and spaghetti tossed with spicy sauce.
This spicy sauce has sauteed onion, garlic, fresh parsley leaves, and the most elegant seasoning spices (salt and pepper). It is very light and decked with zest flavors. So, what are you waiting for? Try it now and enjoy.
Is This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Healthy?
No, Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti is unhealthy as it is rich in calories. However, with a few modifications, you can make this recipe healthy. To clarify this, we’ve drafted a nutritional table for you to consider.
|Vitamin A||347 IU|
|Vitamin C||35 mg|
How To Store This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti?
If you have a bowl of this sausage spaghetti, store it in the fridge. Transfer the spaghetti to an airtight container and seal it tightly with plastic wrap. Then, store it in the refrigerator for three to four days.
You can freeze the dish tightly covered and sealed for up to 2 months if you want to. The faster you eat pasta after freezing, the better the texture and consistency.
I reheat it in the microwave. It will maintain consistency and flavor if eaten within 3-4 days. It often tastes even better the next day because the flavors have gotten a chance to sink in.
What To Serve With This Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti?
This Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti is very delicious, easy, and fulfilling. You can pair it with various dishes. Some of them are:
- Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad – Make this dish refreshing and balance it with a simple Caesar salad with creamy dressing. The crispness of the greens can contrast with the richness of the pasta.
- Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken – Roasted and grilled chicken will provide a colorful and flavorful side that adds depth to the meal.
- Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon – Gordon Ramsay crispy salmon will pair perfectly with sausage spaghetti. It will add a crisp and tender texture to the meal.
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh – Chicken thigh will add a protein-rich element to the meal. It will add contrasting flavors and textures.
- Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potato – Combine this classic mashed potato to celebrate Italian flavors. It will pair perfectly with creamy pasta.
So, it was all about Gordon Ramsay sausage spaghetti. This one-pot pasta recipe is easy to make. You have to follow the guide for the exact flavors and textures.
So, if you liked this recipe, you should check out Gordon Ramsay’s recipes. Some are Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese, Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Carbonara, Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese, Gordon Ramsay Shepherd’s Pie, Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken, and Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan.
Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 6 Pork Sausages
- 14 ounces Dried Spaghetti
- 7 ounces Chicken Stock
- 3.5 ounces Creme Fraiche
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper (to taste)
- Put a large saucepan of salted water on high heat and add the spaghetti.
- Boil the spaghetti for around ten to eleven minutes on a low heat
- Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat.
- When it is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook the onion until the onions have softened.
- Add chili flakes to the pan.
- Add the sausage meat to the pan and fry the meat until golden brown with a spatula.
- Pour in the stock and let it cook until the amount of liquid has reduced by half.
- Now is the time to add drained pasta to the sausage sauce in the frying pan.
- Add creme fraiche and stir in parsley.
- Grate lemon zest, season it with salt and pepper, give it a good stir, and serve.
- Your Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti is ready.
I hope you find this recipe intriguing enough to give it a try. Let me know in the comment section, how does it turn out for you. Until next time. Happy Cooking!