Zip sauce is the best choice of sauce that can perfectly pair with steak. It is super creamy and goes along with well ribeye steak, mushrooms, and more. Today, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at home.
Zip sauce is made by melting butter in a saucepan and adding rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce.
At last, add the beef drippings and the sauce is ready! The trick is to constantly stir it on medium flame. This helps in bringing out the buttery flavor. See how easy it is to make the sauce!
If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce in your kitchen, you can use any of the Worcestershire sauce substitutes.
This was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. The list of equipment, ingredients, instructions and nutritional facts are mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Pommery Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Beer Cheese Dip Sauce Recipe
- White Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe
- Stuffed Lobster Tails Recipe
- Raspberry Compote
- Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Black Bean Sauce
- Red Robin’s Campfire Sauce Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
- Saucepan – A saucepan would be required to reduce the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Spatula – Get some arm workouts done while whipping the sauce with the spatula. If you are feeling a little fancy for the day, you can use a whisk as well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Minutes||12 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
- Butter – Butter will add to the smoothness of the sauce with the help of butter.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce adds umami flavors and also spices up the sauce.
- Beef Dripping – Beef dripping forms the base of the sauce, if you are a vegetarian, you can also opt for vegetable stock.
- Rosemary – The addition of rosemary will bring out minty flavors.
- Thyme – Adding thyme will add a lemony pine flavor to the sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Bring out an aromatic blend with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Dried Parsley – Parsley adds a hint of freshness to the recipe.
- Dijon Mustard – For strong and tangy touch add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Black Pepper – Season the zip sauce with a pinch of black pepper.
- Cumin Powder – Adding a teaspoon of cumin powder brings out the nutty flavors.
- Cayenne Pepper – With a pinch of cayenne pepper, spice up the zip sauce.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste for a savory blend.
Steps To Make Zip Sauce
1. Gather The Ingredients
Take a saucepan and heat half a cup of butter in it. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, black pepper, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce to the saucepan and cook for not more than a minute.
2. Mix It All Up
Moving forward add half a cup of beef dripping and Dijon mustard. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Turn off the flame when you see the bubbles forming. Serve the homemade zip sauce with a hearty slice of steak.
How Will Zip Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The zip sauce has a very distinct taste ranging from sweet to tart. The addition of butter makes it look super smooth and glossy. The beef base brings out the best of this recipe, so I suggest you do not make any tweaks to this classic recipe.
This sauce is like a rich buttery glaze. The best part about making homemade sauce is that you can adjust the level of bitteriness and spiciness.
Zip Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅓ cup Beef Dripping
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Grounded Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium flame. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and, black pepper.
- Now add worcestershire sauce to it and cook for around 1 minute.
- Add beef dripping to it.
- Mix the sauce with dijon mustard and give it a little whisk so all the flavors will get mixed with each other.
- Your zip sauce is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is zip sauce made of?
For making the zip sauce, all you need is butter, beef base, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and a blend of spices including garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Where did zip sauce originate?
Zip sauce was originated in the original Lelli restaurant, in Detroit, Michigan.
Does zip sauce need to be refrigerated?
Refrigerate the zip sauce in an airtight container.
How do you make your own sauce?
For making homemade sauces, you can prepare the stock in your kitchen and combine it with other components. The sauce recipes are the easiest.
I hope you liked this homemade zip sauce. So please share your honest reviews related to the recipe and comment in the section below. You can ask your queries and I will be happy to help you. Till then, enjoy your food.