Zip sauce is the best choice of sauce that can perfectly pair with steak. It is recreated by the Andiamo Restaurant in Las Vegas. This sauce is super creamy and goes along with well almost everything- ribeye steak, portobello mushrooms and more. Today, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at your home.
The sauce is also known as steak sauce as most people prefer to have it with steak. It was originated in Detroit at Lelli’s restaurant in 1939. This sauce is like a rich buttery glaze. The best part about making homemade sauce is that you can adjust the level of butteriness and spiciness. The trick is to constantly stir it on medium flame. This helps in bringing out the buttery flavour.
Zip sauce is made by melting butter in a saucepan and adding rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. At last, add the beef drippings and the sauce is ready!
See how easy it is to make the sauce! But this was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Salsa Casera– This sauce is a great combination of plum tomato, red pepper and sliced onions with sea salt and black pepper. These ingredients bring this yummy taste to the sauce.
2. Bistro Sauce– Bistro sauce has got a composition of mustard, horseradish and garlic, which makes it a smooth texture.
3. Wasabi Aioli– The dip is a combination of aioli and wasabi. Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce and mainly made up of garlic and oil whereas, wasabi is served with sushi.
4. Dulce De Leche– The recipe is made from sweetened milk and has its origins in Latin America. This sauce is similar to caramel sauce. The sauce pairs marvelously with ice-creams, cheesecakes, pies, or whatever you like.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
- Saucepan- A saucepan would be required to reduce the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Spatula- Get some arm workout done while whipping the sauce with the spatula. If you are feeling a little fancy for the day, you can use a whisk as well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Minutes||12 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Zip Sauce?
- Butter– Add to the smoothness of the sauce with the help of butter.
- Rosemary and Thyme– The addition of thyme and rosemary will add a lemony pine flavor to the sauce, making it aromatic.
- Garlic Powder, Dried Parsley- Parsley adds a hint of freshness to the recipe, while the garlic powder is known for its strong flavors.
- Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire Sauce– Dijon Mustard along with worcestershire sauce add the necessary kick of heat to it.
- Grounded Black Pepper, Salt, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper– All of the condiments can be added as per your preferences to make the sauce flavorful.
- Beef Dripping– Beef dripping forms the base of the sauce , if you are a vegetarian, you can also opt for vegetable stock.
Steps To Make Zip Sauce
Zip sauce is an easy two step recipe. Make sure to follow through to get the necessary information to whip it up all by yourself.
1. Gather the Ingredients
Take a saucepan, heat half a cup of butter in it. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce to the saucepan and cook for not more than a minute.
2. Mix it all up
Take the saucepan off heat and mix the contents of it with beef dripping. Fold the sauce well and it is ready for you to serve with a hearty slices of steak.
How Will Zip Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The zip sauce has a very distinct taste ranging from sweet to tart. The addition of butter makes it look super smooth and glossy. The beef base brings out the best of this recipe, so I suggest you do not make any tweaks to this classic recipe.
Zip Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ⅓ cup Beef Dripping
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium flame. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce in it except beef dripping and stir well for a minute.
- Mix the sauce with beef drippings and it's ready to serve.
I hope you liked this homemade zip sauce. So please share your honest reviews related to the recipe and comment in the section below. You can ask your queries and I will be happy to help you. Till then, enjoy your food.