Zip sauce is the best choice of sauce that can perfectly pair with steak. Today, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at your home.
The sauce is also known as steak sauce as most people prefer to have it with steak. It was originated in Detroit at Lelli’s restaurant in 1939. This sauce is like a rich buttery glaze. The best part about making homemade sauce is that you can adjust the level of butteriness and spiciness.
Zip sauce is made by melting butter in a saucepan and adding rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. At last, add the beef drippings and the sauce is ready!
See how easy it is to make the sauce! But this was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Salsa Casera– This sauce is a great combination of plum tomato, red pepper and sliced onions with sea salt and black pepper. These ingredients bring this yummy taste to the sauce.
2. Bistro Sauce– Bistro sauce has got a composition of mustard, horseradish and garlic, which makes it a smooth texture.
3. Wasabi Aioli– The dip is a combination of aioli and wasabi. Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce and mainly made up of garlic and oil whereas, wasabi is served with sushi.
4. Dulce De Leche– The recipe is made from sweetened milk and has its origins in Latin America. This sauce is similar to caramel sauce. The sauce pairs marvelously with ice-creams, cheesecakes, pies, or whatever you like.
Zip Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Grounded Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ⅓ cup Beef Dripping
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium flame. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, salt, dijon mustard, black pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce in it except beef dripping and stir well for a minute.
- Mix the sauce with beef drippings and it's ready to serve.
I hope you liked this homemade zip sauce. So please share your honest reviews related to the recipe and comment in the section below. You can ask your queries and I will be happy to help you. Till then, enjoy your food.