Today we are going to make a popular cereal mix called peanut butter Chex mix. It is a really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
To make peanut butter Chex mix, mix sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. In another bowl, add the Chex cereal. Melt chocolate, peanut butter, and butter and pour this mixture over the cereal.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture and let it cool. Lastly, add cocktail peanuts and peanut butter cups. Toss gently and your peanut butter Chex mix is ready!
Don’t have enough peanut butter for your fully loaded Chex mix? Here are a few peanut butter substitutes for you to try.
So let’s start making this recipe at home without any further delay. To start with, you will find the ingredients that I’ve mentioned in the list below.
1. Country Fried Ham– Country fried ham is a southern classic. The country-fried ham recipe that I am going to share today can be enjoyed on its own as well as clubbed with others.
2. Egg Bagels– Egg bagels basically originated in Poland. Anyone can make this recipe at their home in just 30 minutes.
3. Pork Casserole– Pork casserole is something that anyone can make at their home using leftover pork. This recipe is very easy to prepare and anyone can make it in just 30 minutes.
4. Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones– The recipe that I will be sharing today is considered one of the most decorated and precious ones. It is written by Majesty Queen Elizabeth II herself. She gifted it to the president of the United States when he visited the U.K in 1959.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Chex Mix?
- Oven – Melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in the oven until smooth and creamy.
- Microwave-Safe Bowl – Use a microwave-safe bowl to melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter.
- Bowls – Prepare the sugar mixture and peanut butter Chex mix in mixing bowls.
- Spatula – Toss the cereal with sugar mixture, so that it gets fully covered.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Chex Mix?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Chex Mix?
- Peanut Butter Chex Cereal – Peanut butter Chex is a gluten-free corn base cereal with the taste of real and creamy peanut butter in every bite.
- Butter – Butter will add a silky smooth texture, when added to the mix.
- Peanut Butter – Your peanut butter will impart a thick liquid consistency to the mix, when melted.
- Chocolate Chips – Chocolate chips contain cocoa butter, which will give you rich texture.
- Baking Cocoa – Baking cocoa will impart a full rich chocolate flavor and dark color to the peanut butter Chex mix.
- Powdered Sugar – Sugar will not only help sweeten the mix but will also act as a preservative.
- Cocktail Peanuts – These roasted peanuts are seasoned with sea salt to enhance their flavor, making an ideal crunchy complement for the recipe.
Steps To Make Peanut Butter Chex Mix
1. Get Set Ready!
Start by mixing powdered sugar and baking cocoa in a bowl thoroughly.
In another bowl, take three cups of the peanut butter Chex cereal.
2. Toss The Peanuts
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter; stir for better consistency. Pour this mixture over the cereal, so it gets covered evenly.
Sprinkle the sugar and cocoa mixture over the chocolate-covered cereal. Toss the cereal so that it gets covered with the sugar mixture. Let it cool for a bit.
Top your mix with peanuts and peanut butter cups. Toss gently and your peanut butter Chex mix is ready!
|Vitamin A||1 iu|
How Will Peanut Butter Chex Mix Look And Taste Like?
Peanut butter Chex mix is salty, chocolate, and sweet. Peanut butter and chocolate with some crunch is seriously addicting!
Peanut butter and cocoa-seasoned corn Chex, topped with a sweet powdery coating for a sweet and salty delight!
All of your favorite flavors come together in this hearty snack. Great for adding a little variety to game day or movie night, Chex cereal is combined with chocolate, peanut butter, and peanuts for a unique dish that your guests will love!
Peanut Butter Chex Mix Recipe
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex Cereal
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 3 teaspoon Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoon Baking Cocoa
- 2 cup Cocktail Peanuts
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and baking cocoa and mix.
- In another bowl, take 3 cups of the Peanut Butter Chex cereal.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter; stir for better consistency.
- Pour this mixture over the cereal, so it gets covered evenly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cocoa mixture over the chocolate-covered cereal.
- Toss the cereal so that it gets covered with the sugar mixture. Let it cool for a bit.
- Then, add the cocktail peanuts and peanut butter cups to this. Toss gently and your peanut butter Chex mix is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Has peanut butter Chex been discontinued?
Peanut Butter Chex cereal was discontinued in Canada but is still available in the US. Due to its popularity, it might sometimes be more difficult to find.
What is peanut butter Chex mix made of?
It’s corn Chex, wheat Chex, pretzels, rye chips, bagel chips and mini breadsticks combined with a unique seasoning blend for a one-of-a-kind snack.
Why is it called Chex Mix?
The recipe was created by the Ralston-Purina Company in the early 1950s to move boxes of its signature cereals Wheat Chex and Rice Chex. There was no corn variety at the time.
Do you eat Chex Mix with milk?
Take a few different Chex flavors, pour them in a bowl, top them with some blueberries and/or banana slices, and add your milk. You know, like a sane person. I do loves me some milk-free Chex Mix though. It’s definitely in the Top 10 Greatest Snacks of All Time, and there’s even a song about how amazing it is.
Do try the recipe of peanut butter Chex mix at your home and tell us what you feel about it. Please send us your queries and reviews in the comments box below. We would love to hear from you guys. Till then, stay safe and happy cooking.