Today we are going to make a popular cereal mix called peanut butter Chex mix. It is a really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
I loved having Chex cereal for breakfast as a kid. This American cereal brand is one of the oldest and is known for its various tasty cereal products. They have a huge variety of cereals with unique flavors. Some of their famous cereals are Rice Chex, Honey Nut Chex, Vanilla Chex, and many more.
To make peanut butter Chex mix, mix sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. In a large bowl, add the Chex cereal. Then, melt chocolate, peanut butter, and butter and pour this mixture over the cereal. Sprinkle the sugar mixture of it as well and let it cool. Lastly, add cocktail peanuts and peanut butter cups. Toss gently and your peanut butter Chex mix is ready!
Don’t have enough peanut butter for your fully loaded Chex mix? Here are a few peanut butter substitutes for you to try.
So let’s start making this recipe at home without any further delay. To start with, you will find the ingredients that I’ve mentioned in the list below.
1. Country Fried Ham– Country fried ham is a southern classic. The country-fried ham recipe that I am going to share today can be enjoyed on its own as well as clubbed with others.
2. Egg Bagels– Egg bagels basically originated in Poland. Anyone can make this recipe at their home in just 30 minutes.
3. Pork Casserole– Pork casserole is something that anyone can make at their home using leftover pork. This recipe is very easy to prepare and anyone can make it in just 30 minutes.
4. Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones– The recipe that I will be sharing today is considered one of the most decorated and precious ones. It is written by Majesty Queen Elizabeth II herself. She gifted it to the president of the United States when he visited the U.K in 1959.
Peanut Butter Chex Mix Recipe
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Cocoa
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex Cereal
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 tsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 cup Cocktail Peanuts
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and baking cocoa and mix.
- In another bowl, take 3 cups of the Peanut Butter Chex cereal.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the choco chips, butter, and peanut butter; stir for better consistency. Pour this mixture over the cereal, so it gets covered evenly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cocoa mixture over the chocolate-covered cereal. Toss the cereal so that it gets covered with the sugar mixture. Let it cool for a bit.
- Then, add the cocktail peanuts and peanut butter cups to this. Toss gently and your peanut butter Chex mix is ready!
Do try this recipe at your home and tell us what you feel about it. Please send us your queries and reviews in the comments box below. We would love to hear from you guys. Till then, stay safe and happy cooking.