Some people don’t usually use leftover pork and end up throwing it away. But you can easily make a complete meal out of it. Let’s see the recipe for pork casserole.
Today, I saw the leftover Pork in my refrigerator and thought to make Pork Casserole using the recipe that I learned from my mother. My mother used to make it for me when I was a kid because it is easy to make, healthy, and delicious.
To make pork casserole, heat oil in a large skillet. Then, add pork, beans, condensed cream of chicken, tomatoes, chilies, brown rice, water, salsa, and cumin into it. Cook it and transfer it to a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Top it with grated cheese and leave for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped jalapeno peppers.
You can also use cream of mushroom soup or any of its substitutes in the recipe. This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Strata– Strata is a casserole dish from American cuisine. It is made with bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables. It is a fairly simple dish to make is delicious.
2. Scottish Oatcakes– Oatcakes are one of the most popular and traditional dishes of Scotland. It is also considered as the bread of Scotland. They are made by baking in the oven and are really nutritious.
3. Peanut Butter Chex Mix– This recipe really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
4. Tattie Scones– Tattie scones are very popular in Scotland. They are a great breakfast food made of mashed potatoes and flour along with other ingredients. They are made of simple ingredients and don’t take much of your time.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
- Large Skillet– Just add all the ingredients into the skillet and cook them together for about 5 minutes.
- Oven- After you have cooked them in the skillet, bake everything in the oven.
- Baking Dish– Transfer everything into the baking dish before baking it.
- Knife and Wooden Spoon– Use the knife for dicing and cubing and the wooden spoon for stirring.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
- Boneless Pork- You need boneless pork because you don’t want to pick the bones out of the casserole white eating.
- Canola Oil– Heat some canola oil and cook everything in it.
- Black Beans– Add some beans for taste as well a dose of protein.
- Condensed Cream Of Chicken– Add the cream of chicken to make dish rich and flavorful.
- Tomatoes and Salsa– This is a dish inspired from Spanish cuisine. That is why you’ll find tomatoes as well as salsa in this recipe. These make the casserole tangy and a bit sweet.
- Green Chilies– Add some hot flavor to the casserole with some green chilies.
- Brown Rice– The brown makes this dish starchy and fulfilling.
- Water– Some water is needed to cook everthing.
- Ground Cumin– Ground cumin adds an earthy flavor and aroma to the dish.
- Toppings (Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeno Pepper)– After all is aid and done, top the casserole dish with cheddar and jalapeno and serve your beautiful pork casserole.
Steps To Make Pork Casserole
1. Salsa And Tango
Heat oil in a large skillet. Then, add pork, beans, condensed cream of chicken, tomatoes, chilies, brown rice, water, salsa, and cumin into it. Cook it for about 10 minutes while stirring frequently.
2. Baking Therapy
Preheat the oven at 350°F.
Transfer the meat and rice mixture to an ungreased baking dish. Place it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. Take it out and top it with grated cheese. Leave it for 5 minutes and watch the cheese melt. Garnish with chopped Jalapeno peppers and enjoy your amazing pork casserole.
How Will The Pork Casserole Look And Taste Like?
This rice, vegetable, and meat casserole dish is topped with cheese and jalapeno and looks colorful and appetizing. There are a lot of flavors and textures in this recipe. You can taste the rice, beans, and meat flavored with tangy tomatoes and salsa. The condensed cream of chicken makes it smoother. The chilies and jalapenos make it slightly hot. Slice a big piece out of the dish and enjoy a simple and delicious meal.
Pork Casserole Recipe
- ½ pound Boneless Pork
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 15 ounces Black Beans
- ¾ ounces Condensed Cream Of Chicken
- ½ ounces Tomatoes (diced)
- 4 ounces Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tablespoon Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (chopped)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Then, add pork, beans, condensed cream of chicken, tomatoes, chillies, brown rice, water, salsa, and cumin into it. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Now, transfer this mixture to an ungreased baking dish. Place it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. Take it out and add grated cheese on top. Leave it for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped Jalapeno peppers.
I hope you have liked the recipe. Make this at your home and serve it with your breakfast. If you have any recipes in your mind, do let me know as well in the comments section below.