Some people don’t usually use leftover pork and end up throwing it away. But you can easily make a complete meal out of it. I am sharing the recipe for pork casserole, which is easy to make, healthy, and delicious.
To make pork casserole, heat oil in a large skillet. Then, add pork, beans, condensed cream of chicken, tomatoes, chilies, brown rice, water, salsa, and cumin into it. Cook it and transfer it to a baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Top it with grated cheese and leave it for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped jalapeno peppers.
You can also use cream of mushroom soup or any of its substitutes in the recipe.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Strata– Strata is a casserole dish from American cuisine. It is made with bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables. It is a fairly simple dish to make is delicious.
2. Scottish Oatcakes– Oatcakes are one of the most popular and traditional dishes of Scotland. It is also considered as the bread of Scotland. They are made by baking in the oven and are really nutritious.
3. Peanut Butter Chex Mix– This recipe really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
4. Tattie Scones– Tattie scones are very popular in Scotland. They are a great breakfast food made of mashed potatoes and flour along with other ingredients. They are made of simple ingredients and don’t take much of your time.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
- Oven – After you have cooked them in the skillet, bake everything in the oven.
- Large Skillet – Just add all the ingredients into the skillet and cook them together for about 5 minutes.
- Baking Dish– Transfer everything into the baking dish before baking it.
- Knife – Use the knife for dicing green chilies, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Wooden Spoon – Stir the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pork Casserole?
- Boneless Pork – You need boneless pork because you don’t want to pick the bones out of the casserole white eating.
- Condensed Cream Of Chicken – Add the cream of chicken to make dish rich and flavorful.
- Cheddar Cheese – Top your dish with shredded cheddar cheese for a sharp, pungent, and often slightly earthy flavor.
- Canola Oil – Heat some canola oil and cook everything in it.
- Water – Some water is needed to cook everything.
- Black Beans – Add some beans for taste as well a dose of protein, with soft, creamy, and mild texture.
- Tomatoes – This is a dish inspired from Spanish cuisine. That is why you’ll find tomatoes to make the casserole tanginess.
- Salsa – Salsa will add sweet flavor to the dish.
- Green Chilies – Add some hot flavor to the casserole with some green chilies.
- Brown Rice – The brown makes this dish starchy and fulfilling.
- Ground Cumin – Ground cumin adds an earthy flavor and aroma to the dish.
- Jalapeno Pepper – After all is aid and done, top the casserole dish with jalapeno pepper to add a kick of both sweet and spicy.
Steps To Make Pork Casserole
1. Salsa And Tango
Start by dicing pork and tomatoes into chunks. Then, chop green chilies and jalapeño peppers.
Now, heat oil in a large skillet. And add diced pork and tomatoes. Stir in soaked black beans, condensed cream of chicken, brown rice, water, salsa, chilies, and cumin into it.
Cook it for about 10 minutes while stirring frequently.
2. Baking Therapy
Preheat the oven at 350°F. Transfer the meat and rice mixture to an ungreased baking dish.
Place it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes until bubbly and browned. Take it out and top it with grated cheese.
Leave it for 5 minutes and watch the cheese melt. Garnish with chopped Jalapeno peppers and enjoy your amazing pork casserole.
How Will The Pork Casserole Look And Taste Like?
The rice, vegetable, and meat casserole dish, topped with cheese and jalapeno, looks colorful and appetizing. There are a lot of flavors and textures in this recipe.
You can taste the rice, beans, and meat flavored with tangy tomatoes and salsa. The condensed cream of chicken makes it smoother.
The chilies and jalapenos make it slightly hot. Slice a big piece out of the dish and enjoy a simple and delicious meal.
Pork Casserole Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Baking Dish
- Wooden Spoon
- ½ pound Boneless Pork
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ¾ ounces Condensed Cream Of Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 15 ounces Black Beans
- ½ ounces Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 tablespoon Salsa
- 4 ounces Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (chopped)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Then, add pork, beans, condensed cream of chicken, tomatoes, chillies, brown rice, water, salsa, and cumin into it. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Now, transfer this mixture to an ungreased baking dish. Place it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Take it out and add grated cheese on top. Leave it for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped Jalapeno peppers.
What pork cut is best for casserole?
Both of these cuts are commonly diced and used in casseroles and stews as they provide lean, well-textured meat which retains its shape during cooking.
Can I reheat pork casserole?
You can reheat pork safely in the microwave, oven or on the hob. Remember to ensure that it’s piping hot throughout before serving. If keeping a freshly cooked pork dish to reheat, you must store it in the fridge or freezer within 2 hours, consume within 3 days and only reheat it once.
Do you have to brown meat before making a casserole?
The caramelized surface of the meat will lend rich flavor and color to the finished dish. If you are making a slow-cooked recipe that calls for ground beef, like chili, beef stew, or meat sauce, browning the meat beforehand makes a huge difference.
Why is the meat in my pork casserole tough?
This long, slow braise breaks down the connective tissue and fat, creating deliciously soft and juicy meat. Why is meat still tough in the slow cooker? It’s because you haven’t let the collagen break down. Extend the cook time, make sure there’s enough liquid and keep an eye on the dish.
I hope you have liked the recipe of pork casserole. Make this at your home and serve it with your breakfast. If you have any recipes in your mind, do let me know as well in the comments section below.