Country fried ham is a southern classic recipe that I am going to share today. You can enjoy on its own and can club with others as well. So, without any further ado, let us plunge right into the details.
Making Country fried ham at home requires just two steps. In a heavy skillet, cook the ham slices in coconut oil. Flip them occasionally until they become crisp and golden. Fried ham is ready to consume.
With just a few simple steps you will get the desired crispy ham. But the most important part is maintaining the right flame over which it is to be cooked.
You will get to know about this in much more detail further in the recipe. Take a look on how this recipe is prepared. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Chocolate Pancakes With Eggs– If you want delightful chocolate pancakes, then this recipe is for you. The chocolate pancakes covered in sugar syrup and topped with whipped cream are a blessing for people with a sweet tooth.
2. Spinach Frittata– This spinach frittata recipe is a really healthy and delicious breakfast recipe. This recipe consists of eggs, spinach and also, cheese.
3. Wagyu Zabuton Steak Sandwich– Wagyu beef is a kind of luxury beef and goes high in the food hierarchy. It is quite expensive and rare. If you lay hands on some, try to make a steak sandwich out of it.
4. Peanut Butter Chex Mix– This recipe really delicious treat made with peanut butter, chocolate, peanut butter cups, sugar, peanuts, and of course, Chex cereal.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Country Fried Ham?
- Skillet – Fry the ham in the skillet until golden brown and crispy for 10 minutes.
- Knife – Slice the ham downwards, using a sharp knife.
- Tongs – Flip the ham while frying, to ensure both the sides are well fried.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Country Fried Ham?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Country Fried Ham?
- Country Ham – In addition to its satisfying texture, ham will add a slight and underlying sweetness, when fried.
- Refined Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is the popular choice for frying as it gives a delicious taste and superb texture to foods.
Steps To Make Country Fried Ham
1. Slice Them
Using a sharp knife, make downward slices through the fat of the ham. Leave approximately ¼-inch of fat as you are trimming.
Turn the ham after each slice and make another cut, slightly overlapping the previous cut. Continue to turn and slice until you have trimmed around the entire ham.
2. Cook The Pork
Take a heavy-bottomed skillet and melt half of the coconut oil in it over a high flame. If you do not have coconut oil at home, you can use butter spray to grease the skillet.
Add the ham slices to the skillet and reduce the flame to medium. Cook on medium flame until it gets golden. Flip it occasionally.
Cook them till they turn crispy and the fat gets rendered. This may take 10 minutes.
How Will Country Fried Ham Look And Taste Like?
Country ham is a blend of salt, spices, and (sometimes) sugar to make an “unpalatable” salty, crispy result.
Fry up some country ham that is crispy, salty, and perfect with a dip in red eye gravy. Truly southern at its roots, it happens to be keto and paleo friendly plus it’s gluten free.
Country Fried Ham Recipe
- 6 ounces Country Ham
- 1 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- Take a heavy-bottomed skillet. Melt half of the coconut oil in it over a high flame.
- If you do not have coconut oil at home, you can use butter spray to grease the skillet.
- Add the ham slices to the skillet and reduce the flame to medium. Cook on medium flame until it gets golden.
- Flip it occasionally. Cook them till they turn crispy and the fat gets rendered. This may take 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is country ham made of?
Country-cured ham is a preserved meat made by smoking and aging a leg of pork. Traditional in the South, this ham is usually served at breakfast with biscuits. Sold ready to cook, it can be incorporated in an appealing array of appetizing recipes. All country hams are cured, but not all are smoked.
What is the best way to fry country ham?
Fry ham in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer ham to a warm plate.
Add coffee to skillet and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any brown bits on bottom of pan. Pour gravy over ham.
Is country ham cooked?
It’s preserved and cured, so it’s not raw if that has you concerned. When frying country ham you only need to render the fat and get it crispy.
Is country fried ham keto?
Yes it should be. I source ham from brands, which has zero sugar and zero carbs according to the label. So, it would be perfect for a keto diet. Most country hams do have nitrates and nitrites in them as well–keep that in mind if that’s a no-no for your diet.
If you have any query, related to the recipe of country fried ham, then do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section. Your suggestions are also welcomed.
If you have any recipes in mind, then feel free to share them with me in the comments. I will be glad to discuss it with you. Have a good day!