Today, I will be sharing with you the recipe for Syrian rice. This rice is cooked in butter along with orzo pasta. It is really delicious and can be perked up even more by using herbs.
To make Syrian rice, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Melt butter in a pan and cook orzo pasta. Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Sauté them and cook until brown.
Add hot water, salt, and bring it to a boil till the water gets absorbed. Stir them and serve.
Use either chicken broth or vegetable broth if you don’t wan to use water for the cooking liquid, but it will have less flavor.
These are not detailed instructions. You will see more detailed steps further in the recipe. Just follow them precisely and you will get the best outcome.
You will see how simple this recipe is. Starting with the ingredients that we need to cook up the rice. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
What's In The Post
Other Bread Recipes That You Can Try
- Buttermilk Spoon Bread Recipe
- Spinach Spoon Bread Recipe
- Golden Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- DownEast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe
- Crumbly And Fluffy Angel Biscuits Recipe
- Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- Brioche Rolls Recipe
- Christmas Tree Bread Recipe
- Ciabatta Stuffing Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Syrian Rice?
- Pan – Cook Syrian rice in the pan on a medium flame until you get the rice’s light brown color.
- Bowl – Soak the rice in a bowl for 15 minutes in hot water.
- Strainer – Wash the rice in the strainer before adding to the pan.
- Spatula – Stir the rice with a spatula until the rice gets light brown color.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Syrian Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Syrian Rice?
- Long Grain White Rice – I have used long grain white rice for its nutty flavor and chewy texture.
- Orzo Pasta – I have used orzo pasta as it will offer a tasty firm texture, adding a new dimension to Syrian rice.
- Butter – Butter will add an absolute flavor and will make rice taste more buttery and rich.
- Hot Water – Pour water to the sautéed rice to make it more fluffy.
- Kosher Salt – Add kosher salt to the rice to enhance its flavor.
Steps To Make Syrian Rice
1. Preparation Is Must
Wash the rice in the strainer and soak them for 15 minutes in hot water in a bowl. Take a pan and melt a knob of butter in it on medium flame.
Add orzo pasta to the pan and cook them till they get brown. Now, add rice to the pan and sauté them on medium flame until you get the rice’s light brown color.
2. Pasta Rice Is Ready
Stir it frequently so that the rice does not burn. Add four cups of hot water to the sautéed rice. Add salt as per taste.
Cover them and bring them to a boil on a high flame. After 5 minutes of boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook till the water gets absorbed.
This may take 15 minutes. Do stir them once or twice to avoid burning. Uncover the rice and serve hot.
How Will Syrian Rice Look And Taste Like?
A blend of toasted orzo pasta and basmati rice simmered into a buttery pilaf topped with fresh herbs. Syrian rice has a mild and nutty flavor that makes it a favorite and easy side dish for family dinners.
Syrian Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Long Grain White Rice
- ½ cup Orzo Pasta
- 6 tablespoon Butter
- 4 cup Hot Water
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Wash the rice in the strainer and soak them for 15 minutes in hot water.
- Take a pan and melt butter in it on medium flame. Add spaghetti pieces or Orzo to the pan and cook them till they get brown.
- Now, add rice to the pan and sauté them on medium flame until you get the rice's light brown color.
- Do stir frequently so that the rice does not burn.Add 4 cups of hot water to the sautéed rice.
- Add salt as per taste.Cover them and bring them to a boil on a high flame.
- After 5 minutes of boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook till the water gets absorbed.This may take 15 minutes.
- Do stir them once or twice to avoid burning. Uncover the rice and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Orzo?
Orzo is a small pasta, about twice the side of a grain of rice. When toasted in butter it creates a nutty flavor.
Why let rice rest?
Letting the rice rest after cooking and before fluffing helps prevent clumping and achieve perfect texture. As the rice sits, it steams and allows any remaining liquid to be absorbed so all the rice is uniformly cooked. It also helps the rice on the bottom of the pan release. This resting method should be done when cooking any kind of rice.
Why fluff the rice?
Rice should be gently fluffed with a fork after cooking. Avoid stirring and agitating it too much as it can activate the starch and make it clump.
How to store Syrian rice?
Orzo rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days, although it tastes best if eaten within 3 days. To reheat, sprinkle a tablespoon of water over the rice and microwave until heated. The water helps add moisture back to the rice, which gets dry when refrigerated.
Try this Syrian rice and share me your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any query related to the recipe, you can ask in the comment section too. Now grab your plate and eat this delicacy. Bon Appetite!