Today I will be sharing with you the recipe of Syrian rice. Homemade rice has a very fresh taste. You can make this recipe within an hour.
As I was going through some recipes on the internet, I found Syrian rice. By the name it is very clear that it is a Syrian dish. This basic white recipe is their staple meal. I tried the recipe first and served it to my friend. To my surprise, she loved this basic white rice recipe. So I thought to share with you all as it is a very simple rice recipe.
Syrian Rice can be made by washing and soaking the rice for 15 minutes. Melt butter in a pan and cook spaghetti pieces. Drain the rice and add it in the pan. Saute them and cook until brown. Now, add 4 cups of hot water and salt. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil till the water gets absorbed. Stir them and serve.
These are not the detailed instructions. You will see more detailed steps further in the recipe. Just follow them precisely and you will get the best outcome. You will see how simple this recipe is. Starting with the ingredients that we need to cook up the rice.
Ingredients for Syrian Rice
- 2 cups Long Grain White Rice (Not short grained!)
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1⁄2 cup of Broken Spaghetti (pieces, about 1 inch) or 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 4 cups Hot Water
- 2 -3 teaspoons Salt (depending to taste)
The ingredients you need will surely be stocked up in your kitchen. Check its availability first and then plan your visit to the grocery store accordingly. Let me tell you the time you need to prepare this meal.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Syrian Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||25 minutes||30 minutes|
The time you need to cook these syrian rice is 30 minutes. So, no need to worry for the long hours of cooking in the kitchen. Your meal will be ready within half an hour. Check out how it is done.
Steps to Prepare Syrian Rice
- Wash the rice in the strainer and soak them for 15 minutes in hot water.
- Take a pan and melt butter in it on medium flame. Add spaghetti pieces or Orzo to the pan and cook them till they get brown.
- Now, add rice to the pan and sauté them on medium flame until you get the rice’s light brown color. Do stir frequently so that the rice does not burn.
- Add 4 cups of hot water to the sautéed rice. Add salt as per taste.
- Cover them and bring them to a boil on high flame. After 5 minutes of boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook till the water gets absorbed.
- This may take 15 minutes. Do stir them once or twice to avoid burning.
- Uncover the rice and serve hot.
Like bread plays a vital role in Italian meals, Syrian meals are incomplete without rice. Garnish the rice with some parsley. You can serve this rice with vegetables or any meat.
Nutritional Breakdown of Syrian Rice
Let’s see how much nutrition does this syrian rice provide us.
How to Make Syrian Rice at Home | Video
If you prefer a step-by- step instructions of this recipe then watch the video I have added to make it more easy for use.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share me your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any query related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. Now grab your plate and eat this delicacy. Bon Appetite!