Today, I will be sharing with you the recipe for Syrian rice. Homemade rice has a very fresh taste. You can make this recipe within an hour.
Syrian rice is not your run-of-the-mill cooked rice. It is rice that is cooked in butter along with orzo pasta or broken spaghetti. It is easy to cook and can be served with a lot of different curries. It is really delicious and can be perked up even more by using herbs.
To make Syrian rice, wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes. Melt butter in a pan and cook spaghetti pieces. Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Saute them and cook until brown. Now, add 4 cups of hot water and salt. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil till the water gets absorbed. Stir them and serve.
These are not detailed instructions. You will see more detailed steps further in the recipe. Just follow them precisely and you will get the best outcome. You will see how simple this recipe is. Starting with the ingredients that we need to cook up the rice. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Sushi Rice– Sushi rice is different from plain steamed rice. It is made from short-grained rice is flavored with vinegar. Sugar and salt are also used as additional seasonings for the rice.
2. Spicy Tuna Rice– The combination of rice and tuna makes a perfectly balanced meal. The starch of the rice and protein from the tuna makes it balanced and healthy. This is a low-fat dish, even though it is a type of fried rice.
3. Carrot Rice– This recipe is a delicious and healthy recipe. It is made from sauteed vegetables, rice and spices. It is flavorful and aromatic. It is also really simple to make.
4. Sticky Rice– Sticky rice or sweet rice is very different than other types of rice. This glutinous rice from Southeast Asia is used in both; desserts as well as savory dishes.
Syrian Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Long Grain White Rice
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Orzo Pasta or Broken Pieces
- 4 cup Hot Water
- Kosher Salt
- Wash the rice in the strainer and soak them for 15 minutes in hot water.Take a pan and melt butter in it on medium flame. Add spaghetti pieces or Orzo to the pan and cook them till they get brown.
- Now, add rice to the pan and sauté them on medium flame until you get the rice's light brown color.
- Do stir frequently so that the rice does not burn.Add 4 cups of hot water to the sautéed rice.
- Add salt as per taste.Cover them and bring them to a boil on a high flame.
- After 5 minutes of boiling, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook till the water gets absorbed.This may take 15 minutes.
- Do stir them once or twice to avoid burning. Uncover the rice and serve hot.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share me your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any query related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. Now grab your plate and eat this delicacy. Bon Appetite!