For spice lovers, here is a spicy ranch dressing recipe that will become your favorite dip. It’s a perfect sauce that you can enjoy your evening snacks with. You can also serve with poppers, salads, and chicken wings. So, let’s see how you can make the dip at your home.
To make spicy ranch dressing, mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, whole milk, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, salt and dill in a bowl. Add more milk to change the consistency, if required. The recipe is ready!
Now, it’s time to get started with the recipe and see the detailed steps. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Hummus Sauce Recipe
- Green Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
- Carrot Top Pesto Recipe
- Texas BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Arby’s Horsey Sauce Recipe
- Zip Sauce Recipe
- Burgundy Sauce Recipe
- Canned Tomatillos Sauce Recipe
- Vegan Lemon Sauce Recipe
- Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Spicy Ranch Dressing?
- Hand Blender – Use a hand blender to whisk all the ingredients.
- Mixing Bowl – In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Spicy Ranch Dressing?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Spicy Ranch Dressing?
- Mayonnaise – To create the base for the dressing, add mayonnaise. Also, it will add richness to the dressing.
- Butter milk – Buttermilk add tanginess to the sauce and also thin out the dressing.
- Whole Milk – Again, whole milk is added to thin out the consistency of dressing.
- Garlic Powder – Add savory and pungent flavor with garlic powder.
- Onion Powder – For sweet, oniony flavor, add onion powder.
- Black Pepper – To add mild spiciness to the dressing, add pinch of black pepper.
- Cayenne – Cayenne chili pepper adds a spicy kick to the dressing.
- Dill – A fragrant herb dill to add savory flavor to the dressing.
- Paprika – Paprika adds smokiness to the dressing.
- Salt – Enhance the flavor of the recipe with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Spicy Ranch Dressing
1. Mix All In A Bowl
In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, buttermilk, whole milk, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, salt and dill. Now combine all the ingredients properly with a hand blender. You can also use spatula, whichever suits you.
Combine until everything comes together properly. After mixing, if you feel to make your sauce thin, add some milk. Keep the consistency of the dressing according to your choice.
2. Refrigerate And Store
Transfer the sauce to the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Dressing is ready to use.
How Will A Spicy Ranch Dressing Look And Taste Like?
As the name suggests, spicy ranch dressing is very spicy. There are various flavor notes you can find in the dressing such as smoky, tangy, and little sweeter too. There many ingredients used in the dressing that adds multiple flavor notes.
Texture wise, the dressing is thick, creamy and has spreadable consistency. The color of the dip is light red due to chili peppers. The light white color comes from mayonnaise. So, if you are looking to enjoy a flavorful dip, ranch dressing will be your next favorite.
Spicy Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Blender
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Butter milk
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Dill
- Add mayonnaise, buttermilk, whole milk, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, salt and dill into a large mixing bowl together.
- Now, you have to whisk all the ingredients well. You can also use your hand blender to mix the ingredients if you have one.
- After whisking, check the sauce if it's thick enough or not. If it’s thicker, then you can add some more milk and customize it according to your requirement.
- For best results, refrigerate the sauce for about 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is ranch dressing made of?
Ranch dressing is typically made of mayonnaise, buttermilk, herbs, and spices such as garlic, onion, black pepper, and dill.
Can I make ranch dressing ahead of time?
Yes, ranch dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can I use low-fat or fat-free ingredients in ranch dressing?
Yes, you can use low-fat or fat-free versions of mayonnaise and buttermilk to make a healthier version of ranch dressing.
What foods can I serve with ranch dressing?
Ranch dressing is a versatile dip that can be served with a variety of foods, including vegetables, chicken wings, pizza, and French fries.
Now you have got a wonderful recipe to pair with your salads. This dressing will brighten up your recipes and will take on next level. I hope you enjoyed knowing the recipe and I would like to hear from you guys. Please comment down your reviews about this recipe and let us know which recipe you would like us to make and share with you guys next time.