Black bean sauce is a Chinese sauce that has a funky and spicy taste. In this post, let’s see how you can make this sauce at your home.
Fermentation plays a major role in providing the aroma and taste of the sauce. The sauce can be used with soy sauce and other thickening agents such as onion and garlic. Let’s the process of making the sauce.
Black bean sauce can be prepared by frying onions in oil and then add the chilies to the frying onions. Blend the soaked beans with onions and chilies. At last, add soy sauce and wine. Your sauce is ready to serve.
Also, here is a list of black bean substitutes that you can try. Make sure to follow the detailed recipe below so that you maintain the authenticity of the sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Apple Chutney– Easy-to-make, delicious apple chutney with chopped apples, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon.
2. Fish Sauce– Fish sauce is a result of the fermentation of fish and salt. It is a staple diet of people in Southeast Asia. The sauce is great for adding flavors to ramen, marinades and fries.
3. Coconut Cream– It is a great alternative to ordinary whipping creams as it has got good fats and more nutritional content. The cream can be used in sweets and as a thickening agent in curries, soups and smoothies.
4. Bacon Gravy– Bacon gravy is made of milk and bacon grease and can be served with biscuits. The recipe is very simple and easy to make. The recipe is my favorite dip to have with biscuits during breakfast time.
Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups Fermented Black Beans
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Minced White Onion
- 1 cup Sherry or Japanese Wine
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a hot pan and add the minced onion to it; fry them until they turn golden brown. Now take the onions out in a bowl.
- Add some chillies and fry them for almost 20 seconds, then take them out in a bowl.
- Put the soaked beans in a blender and blend them with fried onion and chillies to make a paste of it.
- Now add 1 cup of sherry wine and soy sauce into it and blend them again to make a paste of thick consistency.
- Check the consistency with a knife; if it is not blended correctly, then give it one more blend so that it can form a thick paste.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. If this black bean seasoning amazed you and you really enjoyed cooking it, then please write to us about your experience and stay connected for more fabulous recipes. Bon appetite!