Need something to spice up crackers or chips? If yes, then smoked trout dip will be the perfect pair to increase the flavours of your food. Today, let’s see how you can make authentic dip at your home.
The dip uses a fusion of smoked trout, sour cream, horseradish and chives to make an awesome spread enriched with goodness. This is one of my favorite dips as it has got a tangy and tart taste. Believe me, once you try out the dip, you will become fond of the flavors it incorporates.
The smoked trout dip recipe involves mixing mascarpone cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, Tabasco, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Then, add the fish and chives. At last, refrigerate for a couple of hours and the dip is ready.
Well, don’t worry if you are having any confusion or don’t have ingredients, just refer to the below-detailed recipe where I have told the alternatives and tips to make your recipe even better. Let’s see what ingredients go into the making of the dip. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Tonkatsu Sauce– Tonkatsu is a Japanese condiment served with cutlets, croquettes, sandwiches. It has got a tart and savoury taste.
2. Honey French Dressing– Honey French dressing is a light sauce that has tangy and sweet flavors. The most advantageous thing about the recipe is that it is a lot healthier than the typical French dressing.
3. Texas Trash Dip– Texas trash dip is made from beans and pairs perfectly with Mexican food. So, let’s see the recipe for the dip.
4. Besciamella– Besciamelle is an Italian version of béchamel and is used mostly with different types of pasta. This sauce is most prominent in European countries.
Smoked Trout Dip Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Boneless Smoked Trout
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cup Sour Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Regular Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Green Tabasco
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Chopped Chives
- Take a medium mixing bowl and mix mascarpone cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, Tabasco, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Then, roughly chop the fish or use your hands to remove the flakes.
- Add the fish to the bowl and mix.
- At last, add the chives and mix once more.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours, so that the flavours mix properly.
I hope you are excited to make this awesome recipe. If you have any doubts or questions, you can ask them in the comment section below. If you have suggestions, then you can also post them below.