The best thing that you can make from burgundy wine is the burgundy sauce. Here I will share with you the recipe of you can make the authentic burgundy sauce at your home.
This is the best sauce to serve with grilled steak, but you can also serve it with chicken or whatever you like. I first came to know about this recipe when I had some extra Burgundy wine leftover at my home. So, I searched for what I can make from the wine and got to know about this sauce.
Burgundy wine, oregano, oil, butter, garlic, onion, flour, beef broth and mushrooms are the main ingredients for Burgundy Wine. First, cook onions and garlic in oil and butter. Then add broth and flour, followed by wine. At last, sprinkle oregano and basil and add mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes. The sauce is ready to serve.
To make the authentic sauce just like they make in France, make sure you follow the detailed recipe below. Now let’s see the ingredients for making this sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Chicken Liver Pate– Chicken Liver Pate is a delicious recipe is especially for chicken lovers. Even if you don’t love to eat chicken, you can make it for your close ones who love to eat chicken.
2. Sweet Sugar Syrup– The syrup can be used to make a wide variety of desserts, cocktails and much other. It is used extensively in India for making desserts such as jalebi, gulab jamun and so many more.
3. Spicy Pudina Chutney– Spicy pudina or mint chutney is popular in India. The chutney is served with many snacks there.
4. Tamarind And Jaggery Chutney– Tamarind and jaggery chutney is a fusion of spicy, tangy and sweet flavors. The tamarind has a lot of sourness in it, so jaggery is added to balance it by adding a touch of sweetness.
Burgundy Sauce Recipe
- Large Skillet
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ⅔ cup Onion
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Burgundy Wine
- 1 pinch Dried Oregano
- 1 pinch Dried Basil
- 1 ½ cups Sliced Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- Take a large skillet and heat butter and olive oil in it over low flame. Add onions and garlic to it and cook until onions turn transparent.
- Add flour to it and pour beef broth slowly into it with constant stirring. Cook till it turns smooth and combines well with the broth and vegetables.
- Pour the burgundy wine into this mixture. Sprinkle oregano and basil on it. Cook it on a low flame till the sauce becomes thick and add mushrooms. It may take 10 minutes.
Please share your reviews in the comment section. For your queries, refer to the comments section and post your question there. If you like this recipe, share it with your near and dear ones and enjoy it together.