Pommery mustard sauce is a versatile and delicious sauce that can be made in a variety of ways. It goes well with shrimp or as a dipping sauce in a shrimp cocktail. Make this knockoff sauce in a jiffy with our tips and tricks!
To make pommery mustard sauce, you need white wine, pommery mustard, shallots, heavy cream, basil, salt, and black pepper. Combine white wine with shallots and other ingredients. Your sauce will be ready in just 10 minutes.
The sauce will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Let the sauce cool and put into an air tight jar. Heat gently before serving. Also, don’t make the sauce on too high a heat and do keep an eye on it!
This was just an overview of the recipe. Get familiar with the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Before you proceed, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Sugar-Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Little Caesar Cheesy Jalapeno Dip
- Sunday Gravy Recipe
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Salsa Casera Sauce Recipe
- Salmorejo Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pesto Sauce Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pommery Mustard Sauce?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to prepare creamy pommery mustard sauce by combining everything.
- Spoon – Stir the ingredients with a spoon to make sure everything is mixed well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pommery Mustard Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pommery Mustard Sauce?
- White Wine – Add white wine for enhancing the flavors of the sauce.
- Heavy Cream – Make your sauce thick by adding heavy cream to the sauce.
- Shallots – Add some chopped shallots to give a slight sweetness.
- Pommery Mustard – A teaspoon of pommery mustard will bring out some sweet and intense flavors.
- Basil – Basil will add freshness and minty flavors to the sauce.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the sauce with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Pommery Mustard Sauce
Take a saucepan and pour in white wine and add chopped shallots to it. Let the shallots cook for five minutes until brown.
Once the liquid is reduced to half, add heavy cream, salt, and black pepper. Let the cream incorporate evenly over medium heat.
Finally, add a teaspoon of pommery mustard and stir it frequently. Simmer the sauce for five minutes more and your creamy sauce will be ready.
Garnish the sauce with freshly chopped basil and serve!
How Will Pommery Mustard Sauce Will Look And Taste Like?
Pommery mustard sauce looks colorful, thick, and creamy. It is a versatile sauce with rich flavors infused.
It tastes sweet with a blast of strong mustard flavors. Serve this homemade mustard sauce with seafood dishes, and fried snacks. Above that, it can be a suitable combination used as a salad dressing.
Pommery Mustard Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Shallots (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Pommery Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Basil (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Take a medium saucepan. Boil white wine and chopped shallots over high heat in it for about 4-5 minutes.
- Before adding whipping cream, reduce heat to simmer until the mixture is reduced to half.
- Now, add Pommery mustard, basil and dill.
- Let it simmer for about 2 minutes so that the flavours get blended properly.
- You can season the prepared sauce with salt and pepper as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you use Pommery mustard?
You can try the Pommery mustard sauce with seafood dishes, fried snacks, and salad dressings.
What is the mustard sauce made of?
Pommery mustard sauce is prepared using mustard seeds, white wine, salt, black pepper, basil, and heavy cream.
Does Pommery mustard need to be refrigerated?
Pommery mustard sauce doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It can be kept at room temperature.
How long does Pommery mustard last?
Pommery mustard sauce can last for up to months if you keep it in a dry and cool place.
This was all from my side. Now, it’s your turn to make the recipe, and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section below.