Raspberry compote is the perfect topping for pancakes, cheesecakes and waffles. So, today let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at your home.
Compote is a fruit syrup and is somewhat similar to jam. I always prefer to make the fruit syrups at home as they are preservative-free and fresh. The recipe is very easy to make and gets ready in less than 30 minutes. You can also give it a little spicy taste by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, or basil.
The raspberry compote can be made by boiling raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, Grand Marnier, cornstarch. When the mixture gets converted into a thick sauce, then turn off the heat. Cool it and serve.
Now, it’s time we see start with a step-by-step procedure to make the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Mango Chutney– Mango chutney is a great chutney that can add a sweet, tangy and spicy flavor to your daily life food. Today, let’s see how you can make this recipe very easily at your home.
2. Truffle Sauce– The sauce has a thick and sweet composition and, when added to desserts and cookies, can make you crave even more.
3. Fresh Cranberry Relish– The recipe is made from cranberries and sugar. I also like to add apples and oranges to it for extra flavors. You can also add other fruits and nuts such as pear, walnuts and pecan.
4. Shahi Kesar Rabdi– The recipe is made from thickened milk and flavored with saffron and cardamom. You can also have it with malpua, shahi tukda and rasmalai.
Raspberry Compote Recipe
- 2 pints Raspberries
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier
- ½ tsp Cornstarch
- Add raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, Grand Marnier, cornstarch in a medium saucepan and stir.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat and stir occasionally.
- When the mixture gets converted into a thick sauce, turn off the heat.
- Cool the sauce for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 5 minutes. Serve it with ice cream or cheesecake.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of raspberry compote. Do make this recipe at your home to give your regular dishes a twist of sweet raspberries and tell your experience in the comment section below.