Discover the making of Thomas Keller Fried chicken recipe at home. This is the only crispy fried chicken recipe you will ever need! It has a balanced taste of spicy and aromatic flavors of herbs. Try this finger-licking fried chicken following the steps below.
To prepare the fried chicken, boil the chicken in the brine and let it immerse with flavors. Then, coat the chicken well with seasoned flour and buttermilk. Finally, deep-fry it in the oil and your crispy fried chicken is ready. Thomas Keller presents an easy to make a fried chicken recipe that is scrumptious and appetizing.
One of the challenges that people face while making fried chicken is to make it crunchy. In that case, allow the buttermilk mixture to form paste-like consistency for better results. Also, while deep-frying the chicken, adjust the heat levels to achieve a crispy texture.
Thomas Keller stands out with his take on the fried chicken recipe. The flavors and taste of the recipe speak for themselves. Following this recipe, you will get the tastiest fried chicken ever made! So, what are you waiting for? Start making your own fried chicken by following the easy steps, equipment, and elements to use in the recipe. Before you proceed further, check out other best Thomas Keller recipes.
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Quiche
- Thomas Keller Chicken Brine
- Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster
- Thomas Keller Coconut Cake
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup
- Thomas Keller Mac And Cheese
- Thomas Keller Turkey
- Thomas Keller Roast Chicken
- Thomas Keller Pasta Dough
- Thomas Keller Ratatouille
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Fried Chicken?
- Stockpot – Use a stockpot to boil the brine ingredients.
- Saucepan – Brine the chicken in a saucepan.
- Cutting Board – Place chicken on the cutting board for trimming purposes.
- Poultry Shears – Use poultry shears to trim the chicken.
- Bowls – Use the bowl to combine all seasoning components.
- Cast-Iron Skillet – Deep-fry the chicken pieces using a cast-iron skillet.
- Tongs – Use tongs to lift up the chicken pieces during cooking.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Thomas Keller Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Fried Chicken?
- Chicken – Cut a four-pound whole chicken into pieces for usage in the recipe.
- Buttermilk – Make fried chicken flavorful with buttermilk.
- Peanut Oil – Deep-fry marinated chicken in peanut oil to bring out nutty flavors.
- Honey – A teaspoon of honey to the brine will bring out the sweet flavors.
- Lemon – Add some lemon drops to the recipe for tangy flavors.
- Water – Boil chicken with herbs in 1-gallon water.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour for breading the chicken to get crispy fried chicken.
- Garlic – Add some garlic to bring out the pungent flavor.
- Salt – Add salt to the brine and seasoned flour for a savory taste.
- Dried Herbs – The dried herbs like bay leaves, thyme, and parsley will add smoky flavors to the recipe.
- Black Peppercorn – Spice up the fried chicken with a teaspoon of black peppercorns.
- Garlic Powder – Add intense garlic flavor by adding a pinch of garlic powder to the seasoned flour.
- Onion Powder – Bring out sweet and sharp flavors with a pinch of onion powder.
- Paprika – Coat fried chicken with paprika for a hint of spice.
- Cayenne Pepper- Add cayenne pepper to bring out hot flavors to the fried chicken.
- Black Pepper – Give earthy, spicy flavors to the fried chicken with black pepper.
- Rosemary Sprig – Sprinkle rosemary sprig on the fried chicken for aromatic flavors.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
1. Make The Brine
Add one gallon of water to the stockpot. Place the trimmed chicken in it and add lemon halves, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, honey, garlic, black peppercorns, and salt to taste. Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer the brine and chicken to the container and refrigerate until chilled for 30 minutes.
2. Coat The Chicken
In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Add buttermilk, salt, and pepper to another bowl. Dip chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture and then coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Finally, place the chicken on the parchment paper.
3. Fry The Chicken
Fill a large skillet about ⅓ with peanut oil. Heat until it’s very hot. Put marinated chicken pieces into the skillet. When browned, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the skillet once cooked.
4. Garnish And Serve
Drain the chicken pieces on paper towels. Sprinkle rosemary sprig and serve to relish.
|Total Carbohydrates||13.2 g|
|Total fat||63 g|
How Will Thomas Keller Fried Chicken Look And Taste?
Thomas Keller fried chicken is a crispy and juicy recipe. With spicy and salty notes, it’s a delicious fried chicken you can enjoy on the weekend night. There is a pleasant spicy flavor and a golden brown color to crispy fried chicken. The meat is cooked moist and tender. If you are a chicken lover, fried chicken is one of the most delicious foods. The magical combination of juicy chicken and crispy fried coating, boosts your cravings.
Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
- Cutting Board
- Poultry Shears
- Cast-Iron Skillet
- 3 Pounds Chicken
- 5 Lemon, Halves
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Herbs
- 85 Grams Honey
- 1 Garlic
- 14 Grams Black Peppercorn
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 Gallon Water
- 360 Grams All-Purpose Flour
- 20 Grams Garlic Powder
- 15 Grams Onion Powder
- 5 Grams Paprika
- 4 Grams Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Quart Buttermilk
- 5 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
- Rosemary Sprig (for garnishing)
- Add 1 gallon of water to the stockpot. Place the trimmed chicken in it and add lemon halves, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, honey, garlic, black peppercorns, and salt to taste. Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer the brine and chicken to the container and refrigerate until chilled for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Add buttermilk, salt, and pepper to another bowl. Dip chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture and then coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Finally, place the chicken on the parchment paper.
- Fill a large skillet about ⅓ with peanut oil. Heat until it’s very hot. Put marinated chicken pieces into the skillet. When browned, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the skillet once cooked.
- Drain the chicken pieces on paper towels. Sprinkle rosemary sprig and serve to relish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does Thomas Keller fried chicken taste good?
Thomas Keller fried chicken is crispy, tender, and juicy from the inside. It’s a perfect balance of spices and herbs that makes it taste so good.
What tastes good with fried chicken?
You can enjoy French fries, cornbread, and carbonated drinks with fried chicken.
How do you get the coating to stick to fried chicken?
Get the perfect fried chicken coating by marinating chicken pieces with flour, spices, herbs, and buttermilk well.
How long do you deep-fried chicken?
Deep-fry chicken for at least 10-15 minutes for a crispy texture.
Is Thomas Keller fried chicken worth it to make at home?
Thomas Keller fried chicken is definitely a try to give at home for the best taste and flavors. It uses various elements in the recipe to achieve a balanced taste.
This crispy and spicy fried chicken is definitely worth trying. Get ready to make this finger-licking fried chicken at home!