Are light and fluffy cakes your weakness? Then, relish this coconut cake for your next celebration. This Bobby Flay coconut cake recipe gives you a super moist, creamy texture, topped with toasted coconut flakes. It’s super delicious and definitely wins anyone’s heart. Go ahead and make this tempting indulgence!
Coconut cake is easy to make with simple steps. Just combine all the batter ingredients in the bowl and beat. After mixing the batter, pour it into the cake pans and bake. Prepare a smooth and creamy coconut-flavored buttercream to frost cakes. Delicious coconut cake is ready.
While preparing the cake batter, use softened butter to make your cakes fluffy. Moreover, if you don’t find coconut milk, use coconut cream as a substitute to make a smooth cake batter. Adding this will preserve the natural flavor of coconut.
Whether you are a pro baker or new to the kitchen, Bobby Flay coconut cake recipe is the easiest. It’s a perfect cake with an intense coconut flavor. Start your baking journey following the recipe instructions below. Also, find equipment details in this article! Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Grilled Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fajitas
- Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
- Bobby Flay Sauteed Kale
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Bobby Flay Parker House Roll Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sangria Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Coconut Cake?
- Bowl – Combine baking ingredients in the large bowl.
- Stand Mixer – Use a mixer to whip up the cake batter.
- Spatula – Scrape the bowl of cake batter with a spatula.
- Cake Pans – Transfer cake batter to the cake pans for baking.
- Oven – Bake coconut cake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wire Rack – Once the cake is baked, place it on a wire rack for frosting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Coconut Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|3 Hours 35 Minutes||25 Minutes||4 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Coconut Cake?
- Cake Flour – Use cake flour to get a soft texture and the coconut cake done right.
- Butter – Cream the sugar with two tablespoons of butter.
- Milk – Use one cup of milk to prepare the batter.
- Eggs – Add six eggs to the batter for making your cake dense.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla extract to the cake batter for flavoring.
- Coconut Custard – Coconut custard tastes sweet, and creamy and has an intense coconut flavor.
- Coconut Syrup – Moist cakes with brushing coconut syrup for intense flavors.
- Heavy Cream – Make buttercream with heavy cream for frosting purposes.
- Granulated Sugar – Add granulated sugar to the cake batter for sweetness.
- Baking Powder – Use baking powder to rise the cake batter.
- Confectioners Sugar – Whip butter with confectioner’s sugar to make coconut filling.
- Salt – To balance the coconut cake’s sweet and tart flavors, add a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Coconut Cake
1. Prepare Coconut Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush cake pans with butter and line with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Now combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter while mixing on a low speed.
Add milk and increase speed. Beat for thirty seconds. Transfer the batter to the cake pans.
2. It’s a Bake Time
Bake the cake in the oven for twenty-five minutes. Once baked, cool the pan placing them on wire racks. Remove cakes from the pan.
3. Prepare Delicious Coconut Filling
In a bowl, combine cream and coconut custard. Whip until soft peaks form. The coconut filling is ready.
4. Make Coconut Buttercream
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and confectioner’s sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy for about four minutes. Now add the coconut filling we just prepared. Beat again for three minutes. Coconut buttercream is ready.
5. Assemble The Coconut Cake
Use a long sharp knife and slice the cake horizontally into two layers. Brush each layer with coconut syrup. Now spoon coconut buttercream onto the cake layers. Place the layers on each other. Cover the front and the sides of the cake with coconut buttercream.
Sprinkle toasted coconut on the top of the cake for garnishing. Bobby Flay coconut cake is ready.
|Total Carbohydrates||71 mg|
How Will Bobby Flay Coconut Cake Look And Taste Like?
The taste of coconut cake is very mild and sweet. It has a light and creamy texture. The consistency of the cake is soft and dense. Topped with toasted coconut flakes, this cake looks gorgeous. Coconut flakes create a cloud-like garnish around the cake.
Bobby Flay Coconut Cake Recipe
- Stand Mixer
- Cake Pans
- Wire Rack
- 2.5 cups Cake Flour
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Custard
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Syrup
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Confectioners Sugar
- Salt (a pinch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter gradually while mixing on a low speed.
- Then add milk and increase speed. Beat for thirty seconds.
- The batter is ready. Now transfer the batter to the cake pans.
- Bake the cake in the oven for twenty-five minutes. Once baked, place on the wire rack.
- Take a bowl to prepare coconut filling. Add coconut custard and cream in a bowl. Mix well until soft peaks form.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and butter and mix well. Now add coconut filling to it and beat for three minutes. Coconut buttercream is ready.
- Assemble the cake by slicing them into two layers. Apply buttercream on each layer and top each layer on each other. Spread buttercream on the top and the sides.
- Garnish with toasted coconut.
- Bobby Flay coconut cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What flavor goes well with coconut cake?
Coconut cakes go well with chocolate, maple, and pineapple buttercream.
Can I add coconut to my cake mix?
Toasted coconut is added to the top of the cake and not in the cake mix. As it may hamper the rising of the cake.
How can you improve the flavor of coconut cake?
Garnish coconut cake with toasted coconut flakes. This will enhance the flavor of coconut cake.
Does coconut cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes! Once you prepare the cake with frosting, place it in the refrigerator and cool down for at least one hour. This will make the cake firm so you can enjoy each bite.
Can I use coconut milk instead of normal in a cake mix?
Yes! You can use coconut milk in the cake mix for intense flavors.
Go ahead and try out this delicious coconut cake with your loved ones.