Looking for some pie treats? Here is an excellent Thomas Keller Quiche recipe. Quiche is a buttery, crispy, flaky, and mouthful pie. It has a rich cream, butter, and egg filling to elevate the flavors. It’s perfect for weekends and holidays. Do you want to know the recipe? Keep reading the article for the details.
To make this wonderful quiche, you start with cooking mushrooms and oysters in the pan. Prepare the creamy and cheesy custard. Pour everything together in the pastry sheet pan and garnish with shredded cheese. Bake for some hours, and the delicious quiche is ready.
The traditional way to make quiche is to fill the pie crust with savory filling like mushrooms and oysters. Then top off with some cheese and bake until golden brown. Thomas Keller follows this style. In this quiche recipe, the filling is made with just cheese, butter, cream, and eggs. When the pie crust turns out buttery and flakey, know that it’s baked well.
Try this classic, timeless Thomas Keller Quiche recipe. There are only a few ingredients, so it’s easy to make. As you read next, you will get recipe instructions, a list of ingredients, nutritional information, and the equipment to use. Without much ado, let’s get started on making quiche today! You can also check out the other best Thomas Keller recipes.
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Roast Chicken
- Thomas Keller Pasta Dough
- Thomas Keller Ratatouille
- Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
- Thomas Keller Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Thomas Keller Salmon
- Thomas Keller Turkey
- Thomas Keller Short Ribs
- Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Quiche?
- Oven – Bake quiche in the oven.
- Skillet – Cook vegetables in the skillet.
- Pasty Sheet Pan – Set the pie filling in the pastry sheet pan.
- Hand Mixer – Beat milk, cream, and eggs in the hand mixer.
- Knife – Cut quiche into wedges using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Quiche?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Quiche?
- Mushroom – Get savory flavors of mushrooms in the pie.
- Oyster – Add oysters to the quiche for a salty taste.
- Shallots – Bring savory flavors and a spicy taste with shallots.
- Milk – Prepare a frothy custard with half a cup of milk.
- Heavy Cream – Combine heavy cream with milk to achieve a thick and creamy filling.
- Eggs – Thickness the pie filling and helps to form firm binding to the quiche. Bring the proper pie shape with the eggs.
- Shredded Cheese – Get cheesy and savory flavors with shredded cheese.
- Unsalted Butter – Sauté mushrooms and oysters with unsalted butter.
- Salt – Elevate the perfect taste of the quiche with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Add spiciness to the quiche with pepper.
- Thyme – Bring out the aromatic flavors of the quiche with thyme.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg compliments the savory dishes and adds a nutty flavor. Get woody and nutty flavors in a quiche with nutmeg.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Quiche
1. Prepare The Mushroom
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Simultaneously, heat the oil in the skillet. Saute oysters and mushrooms in the oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook for five minutes until mushrooms release all of their moisture. Now reduce the heat and then add butter, shallots, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and cook for twelve minutes.
2. Make Custard
Whisk together milk, cream, and eggs in the blender—season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until frothy for about a minute. The custard is ready.
3. Assemble The Quiche
Scatter ¼ cup of shredded cheese over the pastry sheet pan. Spread the mushrooms and oysters over the cheese layer evenly. Now pour the custard we prepared earlier into the pastry sheet pan. Top with another layer of shredded cheese and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
4. Bake Quiche
Bake the quiche for about one and a half hours until browned. Let it cool in the pan. Cut quiche into wedges and serve.
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||13 g|
How Will Thomas Keller Quiche Look And Taste Like?
Quiche is a savory cream pie. The flavor is rich buttery, with a hint of earthy mushroom flavor. It’s a perfect appetizer with a flaky crust. The filling is creamy and smooth. Filling a pie crust with mushrooms gives a savory taste. Get scrumptious and mouth-feeling pie crust bites with a hint of spiciness.
Thomas Keller Quiche Recipe
- Pasty Sheet Pan
- Hand Mixer
- 1 Pound Mushroom
- 1 Pound Oyster
- 2 Shallots (minced)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (a pinch)
- Thyme (a pinch)
- Nutmeg (a pinch)
- Cook mushroom, oyster, shallots, and thyme in the butter-greased pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and cream in the blender. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Make a frothy pie custard.
- Spread cheese in the pan, and layer with mushrooms mixture evenly. Transfer the custard to the pastry sheet.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake the quiche for one and half hours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Quiche is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a pie and a quiche?
Pie is either sweet or savory. Quiche is always savory.
What is the secret to making good quiche?
The best way to make a good quiche is the fluffy egg filling. Quiche is all about egg and milk. So, make sure to add them in the proper measurement.
What are the ingredients for quiche?
Make quiche with milk, eggs, cream, salt, pepper, cheese, and other vegetable fillings like mushrooms or spinach.
Do you cook vegetables before putting them in quiche?
Yes, cooking vegetables before putting them in quiche is the right way.
What goes well with quiche?
Roasted mini potatoes, salad, muffins, and cocktails go well with quiche.
This quiche recipe couldn’t be easier. Get started with it and let me know how it turned out for you!