Looking for the best thanksgiving recipe? If yes, then you have come to the right place! Check out the best Thomas Keller turkey recipe in this article. You will instantly fall for this no-fuss recipe. It is packed with some of the most exquisite flavors. Your guests will be taken aback by the taste by this delight as the highlight of Thanksgiving dinner. Let’s take a closer look at the recipe.
To prepare this turkey, make the brine and place the turkey in the brine to marinate. Then air-dry the turkey. Stuff turkey with seasonings for perfect flavors. Now it’s time to roast the turkey. Serve roasted turkey with sauteed veggies. On special occasions like Thanksgiving, try this flavorful turkey recipe.
The real secret to baking the ideal Thanksgiving turkey is to avoid drying out the meat by overcooking it. You want to make a turkey that is juicy and moist. Simply set the timing up in advance. After your turkey turns golden brown, you can begin serving it.
This Thomas Keller turkey recipe is loved by many, no matter if it is your first time cooking turkey or you are looking for some new techniques. Simply roast your turkey with flavorful seasonings. Follow this article to get recipe instructions, details of equipment, and nutritional information.
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Quiche
- Thomas Keller Chicken Brine
- Thomas Keller Short Ribs
- Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy
- Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster
- Thomas Keller Coconut Cake
- Thomas Keller Turkey
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Thomas Keller Salmon
- Thomas Keller Chocolate Chip Cookie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Turkey?
- Oven – Roast the turkey in the oven at 450 degrees for one hour.
- Baking Sheet – Place turkey on the baking sheet for cooking.
- Kitchen Twine – To hold the turkey up well, tie it with kitchen twine.
- Saute Pan – Saute veggies for perfect crunch in the saute pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To MakeThomas Keller Turkey?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||5 Hours||15 Minutes||5 Hour And 45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Turkey?
- Turkey – Roast turkey in the oven seasoned with spices and herbs.
- Yellow Onion – Add yellow onion for pungent flavors in the vegetables.
- Carrots – Use six carrots for the side salad.
- Garlic – Add garlic to get a strong fragrance to the roasted turkey.
- Celery – Adding celery will give a freshness to the vegetable salad.
- Lemon – Pop up the tangy taste by adding lemon to the brine.
- Honey – Honey adds sweetness to the brine.
- Butter – Brush the skin of turkey with butter while cooking so it stays moist.
- Water – Add 4 quarts of water to prepare the brine.
- Oil – Saute vegetables in three tablespoons of oil.
- Rosemary – Adding rosemary to the brine brings aromatic flavors.
- Thyme – Thyme is used in the brine to give earthy flavors.
- Parsley – Add parsley to the brine for seasoning.
- Bay leaves – Bay leaves are infused in the brine to bring out minty flavors.
- Black peppercorns – Add black peppercorns to make the brine spicy.
- Salt – Balance the taste of roasted turkey with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Turkey
1. Make The Brine
Combine 4 quarters of water in the pot. Add salt, lemon, honey, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, garlic, and peppercorns. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiled, remove from the heat. Transfer the brine to the container. Keep it aside and let it cool.
Place the turkey in the brine and refrigerate for 24 hours. After 24 hours, remove the turkey from the brine and pat dry. Place on the baking sheet and air dry in the refrigerator for another 24 hours. Once the turkey is dried, it’s ready to roast.
2. Sauté Vegetables
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, remove the turkey from the refrigerator for one hour. Melt butter in the pan. Place yellow onion, carrots, and celery ribs in the pan. Cook for five to six minutes. The vegetables are ready. Remove pan from the heat.
Now, stuff the cavity of the bird with thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and garlic. Tie the turkey with kitchen twine. Place the turkey on the roasting rack.
3. Roast Turkey
Brush turkey skin with butter and season with salt. Roast for one hour. Allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for thirty minutes. Turkey is ready.
|Total Fat||8.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0.1 g|
How Will Thomas Keller Turkey Look And Taste Like?
Thomas Keller’s turkey recipe gives us a rich and tender turkey. Herbs and spices lend a perfect traditional turkey taste. Brining a turkey in the flavorful seasoning will give aromatic flavors to it. Also, the citrus adds a nice bright and acidic taste. Roasting it for one hour will give a tender texture that is very satisfying. If you’re craving turkey, try this recipe!
Thomas Keller Turkey Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Kitchen Twine
- Saute Pan
- 20 Ib Turkey
- 4 Yellow Onion (wedges)
- 6 Carrots
- 2 Garlic
- 4 Celery
- 5 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 6 Quarts Water
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Bunch Rosemary
- 1 Bunch Thyme
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Tablespoon Black peppercorns
- Salt (to taste)
- To prepare the brine, add water to the pot. Stir in lemon, honey, salt, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Keep it aside.
- Saute vegetables in the butter for five minutes. Keep them aside.
- Season the cavity of the turkey with parsley, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Tie the turkey with kitchen twine.
- Roast in the oven for one hour.
- Turkey is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should you roast turkey?
Roast turkey for one to one and a half hours.
Do you cover turkey when roasting?
To get the best taste of turkey, it is recommended to keep the turkey uncovered during roasting.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Brush oil on the top of the turkey during roasting to keep it moist.
How do you get turkey skin crispy?
Rub the turkey skin with butter to cook it crispy.
What is the most popular way to cook a turkey?
Roasting the turkey is the most popular way to cook it.
What could be better than cooking a perfect turkey at home? Try this delicious roasted turkey recipe by Thomas Keller.