Have you ever wondered how some people nail their roast chicken? Here is the secret! They use chicken brine. So, today let’s make the best Thomas Keller Chicken Brine recipe. Follow the complete guide on how to make your brine with our recipe article.
Chef Keller starts by cutting the whole chicken into pieces. Then, he jumps on preparing the brine by combining all the ingredients and bringing it to a boil. At last, he placed the chicken in the brine and then refrigerated it for 8-12 hours. The chicken brine is ready to use for your chicken recipes.
Here is a tip for you! Make sure you take care of the brining time when brining the chicken. It should not exceed 12 hours of brining time. As over brining will affect the texture of the chicken and make it too salty. Moreover, you can use kosher salt for brining, as it leaves your chicken tasting less salty.
This recipe is a cluster of spices and seasonings to make brine tastier. Prepare brine in easy steps by following this recipe. Stay with me and follow the instructions mentioned below. Enjoy juicy, tender meat with an aromatic chicken brine recipe. You can also check out the other best Thomas Keller recipes.
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Roast Chicken
- Thomas Keller Pasta Dough
- Thomas Keller Ratatouille
- Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
- Thomas Keller Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Thomas Keller Salmon
- Thomas Keller Turkey
- Thomas Keller Short Ribs
- Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Chicken Brine?
- Stockpot – Bring brine to boil in the stockpot for procuring flavors.
- Container – Refrigerate chicken and brine in the container for marination.
- Ladle – Mix brine ingredients using a ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Chicken Brine?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||12 Hours||10 Minutes||12 Hours 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Chicken Brine?
- Chicken – Place chicken in the brine for marination to get flavorful chicken brine.
- Water – Use water to boil the brine in the stockpot.
- Lemon- Adding lemon will bring out the tangy flavors to the brine.
- Honey – Pour five tablespoons of honey into the brine to add sweetness to the chicken skin.
- Garlic – One head of garlic is enough to bring out a spicy taste in the brine.
- Dried Herbs – Add parsley, thyme, bay leaves, and black peppercorns to the brine for a spicy flavor.
- Salt – Balance the taste of chicken brine with salt.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Chicken Brine
1. Prepare The Brine
Pour one gallon of water into the stockpot. Then, heat the stockpot on medium heat. Stir in lemon, dried herbs, honey, garlic, and salt. Mix it well and simmer until it is thickened. Once boiling, remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer the brine to the container.
2. Cut The Chicken
With the help of poultry shears, cut the chicken. Make chicken in ten pieces: chicken wings, two chicken legs, two chicken thighs, and two chicken breasts.
3. Prepare Chicken Brine
Place chicken pieces in the cold brine. Refrigerate the container holding the chicken pieces and brine for twelve hours. Chicken brine is ready.
How Will Thomas Keller Chicken Brine Look And Taste Like?
Chicken brine is a solution of salt and water used to cure, flavor, and preserve chicken. The salty chicken brine tastes good, and it has a light brown color. It is easy to make this brine with just a handful of rich elements. Chicken brine has a strong flavor and may remind you of the flavors of chicken stock.
Thomas Keller Chicken Brine Recipe
- 3 Ib Chicken
- 1 Gallon Water
- 5 Lemon
- 5 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Herbs
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine all the brine ingredients and water in the stockpot. Boil on high heat.
- Once boiled, let the brine cool down.
- Cut chicken into pieces and place them in the cold brine.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours. Chicken brine is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should you brine chicken?
You should brine the chicken for at least 12 hours. The minimum brine time is 8 hours.
What does soaking a chicken in brine do?
Soaking a chicken in brine brings the flavors and makes the chicken juicy and tender.
Do you rinse chicken after brining?
No! You don’t rinse the chicken after brining. You just pat it try with a towel after removing the chicken from the brine.
Does brining a chicken make it salty?
If you are brining the chicken in a stipulated time( 8-12 hours), it does not make the chicken salty. It makes it juicer and flavorful.
Does brining really make a difference?
During cooking, meat loses about 30 percent of its weight. However, soaking the meat in brine before cooking will reduce moisture loss by 15 percent. So, brining enhances the flavors of the chicken.
Chicken brine is a great way to add flavor to chicken dishes! Follow the recipe to bring out the best brine.