Thomas Keller butter poached lobster recipe is a specialty that can only be crafted with the freshest ingredients. Making butter-poached lobster is one of the best ways to prepare your lobster. The recipe includes the preparation of a creamy, buttery sauce with fresh herbs. So, let’s prepare this quick decadent recipe!
To poach a lobster means to cook it in melted butter. The butter helps seal the lobster’s fresh and succulent flavor and cooks it perfectly, along with the garnish of herbs and spices. With a few ingredients, you can make this warm and delicious dish. It looks fantastic and is sure to impress your guests.
Butter-poached lobster is always prepared by removing the meat from the lobster and gently cooking in the melted butter. You never boil the lobster; just cook it on simmer. Cooking the lobster meat slowly and gently is important, so it isn’t tough. Get a fresh lobster; it will take less time to prepare your butter-poached recipe.
So wanna cook Thomas Keller butter-poached lobster? Well, make this sweet, tender, and buttery tender perfection at home. Follow this article for step-by-step recipes, equipment details, and nutritional information. Learn how to cook poached lobster at home now! You can also check out the other best Thomas Keller recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Roast Chicken
- Thomas Keller Pasta Dough
- Thomas Keller Ratatouille
- Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
- Thomas Keller Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Thomas Keller Salmon
- Thomas Keller Turkey
- Thomas Keller Short Ribs
- Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster?
- Saucepan – Boil lobster with water in the saucepan.
- Tong – Remove the lobster from the boiling water using a tong.
- Plate – Serve butter-poached lobster on the plate.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster?
- Lobster Meat – Take lobster meat for rich and aromatic flavors.
- Olive Oil – Cook lobsters and spices in olive oil to give them a rich taste.
- Butter – Poach lobster in melted golden butter for a velvety texture and salty taste.
- White Wine – White wine will help to add exciting aroma and flavors to the dish. You’ll only need to add ⅓ cup of white wine to cook the lobster.
- Water – Boil lobster in the water for five minutes.
- Salt – Season with salt for a perfectly balanced taste.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle with pepper for a spicy kick to butter-poached lobster.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster
1. Boil Lobster
Combine the lobster pieces with olive oil and half a cup of water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat. Transfer the lobster to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to keep warm.
2. Poach The Lobster
Take a small saucepan (preferably nonstick), and melt the butter over low heat. Stir in salt and pepper, add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. It should take about five minutes. Add your boiled lobster to the pan and cook over medium heat until heated through about three minutes. You can serve the buttery lobster immediately or refrigerate it until you are ready to serve it. Your butter-poached lobster is ready.
|Total Fat||17.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||40.2 g|
How Will Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster Look And Taste Like?
The Thomas Keller butter-poached lobster is one of the most delicious, textured, and flavourful lobsters. The butter sauce creates a custard-like texture that elevates the dish’s taste. Cooking lobster in white wine gives it a tangy and slightly bitter taste that works well. Seasoning it with salt and pepper gives the last finishing for aromatic flavors. So, this butter-poached lobster gives us a bitter buttery taste and is a mouthful!
Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster Recipe
- 1 Ib Lobster Meat
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Water
- Boil lobster in the water for five minutes in the saucepan. Keep the lobster aside.
- Add salt and pepper with butter and white wine in the same saucepan. Simmer for five minutes.
- Return the lobster into the pan and poach lobsters.
- Butter-poached lobster is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do you poach lobster?
When the butter is added to the saucepan, transfer lobster into the liquid mixture and poach for about five minutes.
What is the best butter for lobster?
Clarified butter is the best for cooking lobster.
What is the best way to cook lobster?
Bring water to boil. Place lobster in the pot. Cook the lobster and then poach in butter and wine mixture for the perfect taste.
Is it better to boil or bake lobster?
You can boil, grill, bake, steam, and even broil them. However, the best method to cook lobsters is by boiling them.
How do you eat butter lobster?
Serve butter lobster with lemon wedges or parsley for the extra taste.
With no taste exaggeration, this butter-poached lobster is definitely a try. Make this at your home and you won’t regret it!