Chestnut puree is a great spread for desserts. It can also be used as a filling for desserts when combined with whipping cream.
The puree is made by simmering chestnuts in milk and then flavored with vanilla extract. The recipe is very famous on Christmas eve and in Italy, chestnuts are known as castagne or marroni. They are used in many Italian desserts and make an appetizing breakfast condiment.
Chestnut puree can be made by boiling roasted chestnuts, sugar and water for nearly 30 minutes. Then, add the vanilla extract and strain the chestnuts. Blend the chestnuts and add water. Cool the mixture and place it in the refrigerator.
It’s important to roast chestnuts perfectly to maintain the authenticity of the sauce, so make sure you follow the detailed recipe mentioned below.
1. Pomegranate Molasses– Pomegranate molasses is a healthy and tasty juice that can be prepared very easily. Let’s see how you can make this delicious recipe at your home.
2. Thousand Island Dressing– Add a tangy, creamy touch to your burgers, salads by making thousand island sauces at your home. Today, I have got an authentic recipe for the dip for you all.
3. Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce– Mardi Gras mustard sauce has got a sweet and spicy nature. This sauce is different from other mustard sauces as it contains dotted ground mustard seeds.
4. Chana Dal Chutney– Chana dal is also known as Daria dal. The chutney is very hot and spicy due to the addition of red chilies. You can enjoy the chutney with poha, dosa and uttapam.
Chestnut Puree Recipe
- 1 ¾ pound Raw Chestnut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 ¾ cups Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- At 400 F, heat the oven. Cut chestnut shell in the X shape.
- Place chestnuts on the pan in a single layer and roast them for 20 minutes; stir them accordingly.
- For 5 minutes, cool the chestnuts and remove the shells from the chestnut when it cools completely.
- Add roasted and peeled chestnuts, sugar and water to boil in a medium saucepan. Boil for almost half an hour until water evaporates.
- After the boiling process, add vanilla to it and strain the chestnuts and save boiling water.
- In a blender, blend the chestnuts until it becomes smooth. While it is blending, add water that you saved during the boiling process to the blender to make the mixture smooth.
- Cool the mixture and place it in the refrigerator.
I hope you will like this recipe of chestnut puree and I will recommend you make it at home and share your meaningful reviews in the comment section and for more recipes, stay tuned!