If you love to eat nuggets with sauce, then you should try it with our recipe of McDonald’s Szechuan sauce. In this article, I will be sharing the secret recipe of sauce, which was available in McDonald’s for a limited time.
McDonald’s Szechuan sauce recipe starts by heating the pan and combining water, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 12 minutes and then steep for 12 minutes.
Now, mix cornstarch, sugar, peppercorns, coriander, and black pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes and cool. The sauce is ready!
I hope you’re now excited about this wonderful sauce. Don’t have light soy sauce available to make your sauce? Here is a list of light soy sauce substitutes that you can use.
So without wasting any time, check out the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Moreover, a referral video is added to help you guys even more.
But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- McDonald’s Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
- McDonald’s Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Chestnut Puree Sauce Recipe
- Taco Bell Baja Sauce Recipe
- Pomegranate Molasses Recipe
- Blackberry Compote Recipe
- Poppy Seeds Paste Recipe
- Dulce De Leche Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce?
- Pan – Toast the peppercorns in the pan for the recipe.
- Saucepan – Cook and simmer the sauce in the saucepan until bubbles start to appear.
- Grinder – Grind the peppercorns in the grinder to make a fine powder.
- Wire Mesh Strainer – Strain the sauce through a wire mesh strainer.
- Spatula – Mix the sauce using a spatula until well combined.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||35 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce?
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Add a tablespoon of vinegar to bring out tart flavors.
- Rice Vinegar – Rice vinegar has sweet, mild, and delicious flavor when added to the sauces.
- Soy Sauce – Add a rich dark color and savor to the sauce with salt and soy sauce.
- Ginger Paste – A teaspoon of ginger paste with garlic enhances the strong flavors.
- Lime Juice – The sauce is prominently tangy and lime juice has all the credit for that.
- Sesame Oil – This adds to the aforementioned earthy and nutty taste of the sauce.
- Water – Prepare the slurry with water for the recipe.
- Ground Szechuan Peppercorns – This is the ingredient that adds the ‘Szechuan’ factor to the Szechuan sauce.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will add aromatic blend and strong flavors to the sauce.
- Cornstarch – Make a paste of cornstarch with water and add to the sauce to make it thick.
- Coriander – Earthy blend can be added with a teaspoon of coriander powder. You can also add some fresh coriander.
- Ground Black Pepper – These two give the sauce a warm and spicy flavor.
- Granulated Sugar – Add a little sugar to balance all the intense flavors of the sauce.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce
1. Peppercorn Grind
Start by toasting the peppercorns in a pan for five minutes. Then, grind them to make powder in a grinder.
Now, start making the sauce. Heat a small pan, and combine a cup of water, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt. When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat and cover it. Let it simmer for 12 minutes.
2. Making The Sauce
Pour the sauce through a wire mesh strainer and add the sauce back into the pan. Mix two tablespoons of cornstarch in half a cup of water and mix to make a paste.
Pour the cornstarch mixture into a saucepan and add sugar, ground Szechuan peppercorns, coriander, and black pepper.
3. Heat Work
Heat it until bubbles start to appear and then simmer for three minutes. Remove the sauce from heat when it has thickened and cool it for three to four minutes.
At last, add vinegar and lime juice after it has cooled down. Cool it completely and serve your McDonald’s Szechuan sauce with delicious chicken nuggets.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will The McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The McDonald’s Szechuan sauce is thick and dark. It is a great partner to your chicken nuggets. It is slightly sweet and spicy but is mostly tangy. There is also the prominence of earthy and nutty undertones in the sauce.
McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Recipe
- Wire Mesh Strainer
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ cups Water
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Szechuan Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 7 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Begin with toasting the peppercorns in a pan for 5 minutes. Grind the peppercorns to form the powder.
- Take a saucepan, add water, white vinegar, granulated sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- Whisk to combine and then add apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, coriander, and corn syrup.
- Stir in to combine all the components evenly and bring to a boil.
- When the mixture starts to bubble and is reduced to half, add a teaspoon of seasoning and Szechuan peppercorns.
- Heat it until bubbles start to appear and then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and cool it for 3 minutes.
- Garnish the Szechuan sauce with seasame seeds on the top and serve!
- Cool it before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the McDonald’s signature sauce?
McDonald’s signature sauce is a special big mac sauce.
What is the most popular dipping sauce at McDonald’s?
The most popular dipping sauce at McDonald’s is a sweet and sour sauce.
What can I substitute for Szechuan sauce?
McDonald’s Szechuan sauce can be replaced with chili garlic sauce.
What flavor is McDonald’s Szechuan sauce?
The Szechuan sauce has a sweet, goopy, mild, and light flavor.
Now, it’s your turn to make this sauce at your home. When you make the sauce, don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
I’ll also try my best to help you with any queries you might have. Till then, happy eating!