If you love to eat nuggets with sauce, then you should try it out with our recipe of McDonald’s Szechuan sauce. In this article, I will share the secret recipe of sauce, which was available in McDonald’s for a limited time.
I came to know about this sauce when Disney released Mulan. When this sauce was released, people were eating more & more nuggets. This sauce was used to promote the movie Mulan in the year 1998. But later, it was discontinued. But the sauce again came into the spotlight when it was featured in an episode of “Rick and Morty.” Let’s see what is so special in this sauce and how you can make it at your home.
McDonald’s Szechuan sauce recipe starts by heating the pan and combining water, sesame oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 12 minutes and then steep for 12 minutes. Now, mix cornstarch, sugar, peppercorns, coriander and black pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes and cool. The sauce is ready!
I hope you’re now excited about this wonderful sauce. So without wasting any time, let’s see the recipe of this secret sauce. And I will be even sharing a nutritional breakdown and an additional video to help you guys even more. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s Sweet and Sour Sauce– This sweet and sour sauce by McDonald’s is something that you have tried for sure. McDonald’s servers it with their nuggets commonly and now you can make it at your home with this authentic recipe.
2. Taco Bell Baja Sauce– This sauce is a traditional dish of Mexico. It is served with corn or wheat tortilla in the famous Mexican fast-food chain Taco Bell.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings’ Chicken Wings– Buffalo Wild Wings is famous for its authentic chicken wings and today, I am going to tell you how you can make it at your home easily.
4. Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce– Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce is a very famous dip that Taco Bell serves with their Nachos. This recipe is also labeled jalapeno cheese sauce.
McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Sesame Oil
- 7 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp Ground Szechuan Peppercorns
- ¼ tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- First, toast the peppercorns in a pan for almost 5 minutes. Then, grind them to make powder.
- Now, to start making the sauce, heat a small pan and combine 1 cup of water, sesame oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic and salt.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
- Cover the pan and let it steep for nearly 12 minutes.
- Then, pour the sauce through a wire mesh strainer and add the sauce back into the pan.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water and mix.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into a saucepan and add sugar, ground Szechuan peppercorns, coriander and black pepper.
- Heat it until bubbles start to appear and then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and cool it for 3 minutes.
- At last, add vinegar and lime juice.
- Cool it before serving.
Now, it’s your turn to make this sauce at your home. When you make the sauce, don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below. I’ll also try my best to help you with any queries you might have. Till then, happy eating!