If you love to eat Nuggets, then you should try it out with our recipe of McDonald’s Szechuan sauce. In this article, I will share the secret recipe of sauce, which was available in McDonald’s for a limited time.
I came to know about this sauce when Disney released Mulan. When this sauce was released, people were eating more & more nuggets. This sauce was used to promote the movie Mulan in the year 1998. But later it was discontinued. But the sauce again came into the spotlight when it was featured in an episode of the “Rick and Morty”. Let’s what is so special in this sauce and how you can make it at your home.
McDonald’s Szechuan sauce recipe starts by heating pan and combining water, sesame oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 12 minutes and then steep for 12 minutes. Now mix cornstarch, sugar, peppercorns, coriander and black pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes and cool. The sauce is ready!
I hope you’re now excited about this wonderful sauce. So without wasting any time let’s see the recipe of this secret sauce. And I will be even sharing a nutritional breakdown and an additional video to help you guys even more. First, let’s see the ingredients for making McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce.
Ingredients for McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce
- 1.5 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 7 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Ground Szechuan Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper (Grinded)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
These are all the ingredients that will be required to make tasty McDonald’s Szechuan sauce. You may have many of these available already at your home or you can get them at a nearby supermarket.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||34 mins||39 mins|
This sauce is comparatively easy to make than the other sauce recipes. Just boiling and simmering it will take much of your time. But the wait will be worth your time as it has an awesome taste.
Steps to Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce
- First, toast the peppercorns in a pan for almost 5 minutes. Then grind them to make powder.
- Now to start making the sauce, heat a small pan and combine 1 cup of water, sesame oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic and salt.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
- Now cover the pan and let it steep for nearly 12 minutes.
- Then pour the sauce through a wire mesh strainer and add the sauce back into the pan.
- Now mix 2 tbsp cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water and mix.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into a saucepan and add sugar, ground Szechuan peppercorns, coriander and black pepper.
- Heat it until bubbles start to appear and then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Now remove the sauce from heat and cool it for 3 minutes.
- At last, add vinegar and lime juice.
- Cool it before serving.
Your szechuan sauce is ready. Serve this tasty sauce with nuggets and enjoy.
Tip- To use it for weeks, you can refrigerate it.
Nutritional Breakdown of McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce
The sauce is very low in calories and has no sugar. It will be a great dip for diet conscious people. Below is the complete nutritional breakdown of the sauce.
How to Make McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce at Home | Video
I hope you will make a great Szechuan sauce just like they serve in McDonald’s. But if you’re having any doubt, then worry just watch the below video and you will be able to make great Szechuan sauce.
Now it’s your turn to make this sauce at your home. When you make the sauce, don’t forget to share your valuable reviews in the comment section below. Till then keep checking out our awesome recipes from TheFoodXP.