Making tacos at home will also be your favorite part now as you will soon get to know the recipe of the sauce, which plays a vital role in the taste of the taco. So, today I will give you most famous sauce – taco bell baja sauce recipe. You can use this sauce in your burrito and fajitas. Let’s look at the recipe.
To make Taco Bell baja sauce, take a grinder jar. Add red bell peppers, jalapenos and onion in it and grind them till they form a smooth paste. Take 4 teaspoons of this paste in a bowl and add mayonnaise and seasoning. Mix it well and let it rest in the refrigerator for about three hours.
Here is a tip for you: When you start making the sauce, it’s a good idea to mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together first. Then add the buttermilk, mix continuously to make sure the sauce is smooth and well-mixed.
It’s time to give some flavor to your tacos with Baja Sauce. Find the recipe along with detailed steps here. Also, find the nutritional information and also equipment list. Have a look! But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Red Robin’s Campfire Sauce Recipe
- Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
- Sha Cha Sauce Recipe
- Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Orange Marmalade Recipe
- Truffle Sauce Recipe
- Hoffman House Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- Red Chile Sauce Recipe
- Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Mushroom Sauce Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Baja Sauce?
- Bowl – Combine all the ingredients in the small bowl.
- Food Processor – Add veggies in the food processor to make a smooth paste.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Baja Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||3 Hours||3 hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Baja Sauce?
- Red Bell Peppers – Red bell peppers are sweet and crunchy peppers that adds nice texture and color to the sauce.
- Mayonnaise – Add a creamy and tangy condiment to make the sauce for its signature creamy texture.
- Jalapeno – Slice jalapeno to add moderate spicy flavors to the sauce.
- Vinegar – Add tanginess to the sauce by adding vinegar.
- Onion – Chop onions to add slightly sweet and savory note to the sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Add pungent and savory flavors to the sauce with garlic powder.
- Cumin – Cumin is earthy and warm spice. It adds a distinct flavor that complements other ingredients in the sauce.
- Black Pepper – For more intense flavor and warmth, add a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Taco Bell Baja Sauce Recipe
1. Grind Well
Gather the ingredients needed for the recipe. Cut the red bell peppers, slice jalapeno, and onions into small pieces and add them to the grinding jar of your food processor. Grind the ingredients into a smooth paste.
2. Combine Sauce Ingredients
Spoon out four teaspoons of the ground paste and transfer it to a separate bowl. Add the mayonnaise and vinegar. Mix them together well. Sprinkle garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper over the sauce. Mix everything together.
3. Chill And Serve
Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for three hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken up a bit. Taco bell baja sauce is ready to serve.
How Will Taco Bell Baja Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Taco Bell’s Baja Sauce is a popular condiment that adds a zesty kick to Mexican dishes. It is a creamy reddish white sauce with a little thick consistency. The sauce is smooth and has a uniform texture that spreads easily on your food. The tangy, sweet and savory taste makes it the most delicious sauce.
It not too spicy but has a hint of heat that gives it a pleasant kick. It has a subtle garlic flavor that complements the other ingredients. Overall, it’s the best sauce that definitely you should give a try.
Taco Bell Baja Sauce Recipe
- Food Processor
- ¼ Chopped Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Sliced Jalapeno
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- ¼ Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- To the grinding jar of the food processor, add bell peppers, jalapeno and onions. Grind them into a smooth paste.
- Spoon out four teaspoons of this paste in another bowl and to this add mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, cumin and black pepper on it. Mix them well.
- Cover this and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Baja Sauce?
Baja Sauce is a sauce created by Taco Bell, a fast food restaurant chain in the United States. It’s a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy sauce.
What are the ingredients in Taco Bell’s Baja Sauce?
Baja sauce contain mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Is Taco Bell’s Baja Sauce vegan?
No, Taco Bell’s Baja Sauce is not vegan as it contains mayonnaise and sour cream.
What foods can I use Baja Sauce with?
Baja Sauce can be used as a condiment for a variety of dishes, including tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and even as a dip for chips.
How long can Baja Sauce be stored?
Homemade Baja Sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can last for up to a week.
So, you know now that Taco Bell’s Baja Sauce is a tasty and unique condiment that can add a burst of flavor to your Mexican-inspired dishes. You can easily recreate this delicious sauce at home with a few simple ingredients. So, why not give it a try? Make your own batch of Baja sauce and elevate the taste of your tacos.
Also, do not forget to share your experience in the comment section. Also, if you have any query, feel free to mention them in the comments as well. Suggestions are also welcome. Till then, happy eating!