Mardi Gras mustard sauce has got a sweet and spicy nature. Chicken wings pair perfectly with the sauce. Let’s see how you can make the recipe at your home.
Mardi Gras mustard sauce is different from other mustard sauces as it contains dotted ground mustard seeds. I have experimented and researched about the recipe a lot and after trying many times, I finally got the perfect recipe. So, let’s how you can make the sauce.
The ingredients used to make Mardi Gras mustard sauce are mayonnaise, hot horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, dark brown sugar, spicy brown mustard and grain mustard. Mix them all and the sauce is ready.
Now, it’s time to get started with the recipe and enjoy your chicken wings. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Grainy Mustard– Bored with your same sandwiches, salads and meats and want some unique and super delicious taste for your everyday boring meal? If yes, then try the grainy mustard sauce recipe. Grainy mustard can be used as a dressing in many delicacies.
2. Canned Tomatillos Sauce– Tomatillos are Mexican tomatoes, known as Mexican husk tomatoes. They are green, unripe and have a tart flavor. Canned tomatillos sauce is a perfect choice to have with Mexican food.
3. Chestnut Puree– The puree is made by simmering chestnuts in milk and then flavored with vanilla extract. The recipe is very famous on Christmas eve and in Italy, chestnuts are known as castagne or marroni.
4. Smoked Gouda Cheese– Gouda cheese is a yellow color cheese made from cow’s milk. The cheese has got a smooth texture and becomes hard when smoked. You can pair the recipe with mac and cheese.
Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Hot Horseradish
- ¼ tsp Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/16 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tbsp Grain Mustard
- Add mayonnaise, hot horseradish, Cajun seasoning, red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, dark brown sugar, spicy brown mustard and grain mustard into a small bowl and stir to blend well.
- Pop into the fridge and let sit a half an hour or longer to let the flavors blend and the sugar crystals fully dissolve.
- Stir before serving.
Now, it’s your turn. Try this amazing recipe at your home and share your wonderful experience with us in the comments below. I will definitely try to cover it in our upcoming blogs.