Popeyes Cajun gravy is so much fun to make at home. You can get the exact Popeyes authentic flavors in your kitchen. Do you want to know how? Grab a chair, and follow up with the article to know how you can make Popeyes Cajun gravy at home.
Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you away from making it. Get the wonderful taste right at home! For making the Cajun gravy, you need ground beef, ground pork, celery, onions, bell peppers, bacon grease, butter, Cajun spice mix, veal stock, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
All of these spices and seasonings enhance the homemade Popeye’s Cajun gravy recipe with its rich flavor. The wait for making this gravy recipe is totally worth it. Moreover, you can prepare the gravy in advance and store it for up to two days. If you wish to get the gravy on your table, Look no further.
Check out the complete Popeyes Cajun gravy in the article below. You will find the list of ingredients, equipment, step-by-step instructions, and nutritional information. Also, don’t miss out on a similar video for reference. Now scroll down quickly. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Coleslaw – Popeyes coleslaw is a fresh and healthy side dish. It’s a healthy combination of mayonnaise, sweet relish, sugar, mustard sauce, vinegar, and fresh veggies like carrots, onions, cabbage, etc. The taste of this coleslaw is enhanced with salt-pepper seasoning. This dish can be paired with any main course dish.
2. Popeyes Spicy Mayonnaise – Popeyes spicy mayonnaise is a combination of hot sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise. This mayonnaise is spiced up by adding cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin, and salt. This mayonnaise is easy-to-make and can be enjoyed as a dip with snacks and many side dishes.
3. Popeyes Chicken Tenders – Popeyes chicken tenders are chicken pieces marinated with buttermilk and hot sauce. This chicken is coated with a dry rub and then fried until it has a perfect golden brown finish. These chicken tenders are served with hot sauce or any other condiment.
4. Popeyes Popcorn Shrimps – Popeyes popcorn shrimp are crispy and crunchy. These shrimp are battered with eggs and a flour mix and then fried until they’re crispy and golden brown. These shrimp are served with ranch. You can pair this dish with any other condiment of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Gravy?
- Skillet – Saute the veggies in the skillet.
- Ladle – Use a ladle to stir in the spices and mix it through.
- Knife – Chop the veggies using a knife.
- Bowls – Add chopped veggies to the bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Gravy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Gravy?
- Flour – The gravy will be thickened by mixing flour with bacon grease.
- Ground Beef – Add half a pound of ground beef to prepare Cajun gravy at home.
- Bacon Grease – Cook and melt the bacon grease evenly until you see a golden brown texture. This mixture will enhance the flavors of the Cajun gravy.
- Veal Stock – Veal is the meat of calves. The veal stock is healthier than the beef stock. Prepare the Cajun gravy by using a pot of veal stock.
- Butter – Add a teaspoon of butter to sauté the veggies.
- Celery – Use finely chopped celery to prepare the Cajun gravy.
- Onions – Chopped onions will add sweet and savory flavors to the gravy.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will add strong and pungent flavors.
- Red Bell Peppers – The colorful red bell peppers are slightly sweet and bitter. But they are nutritious. Add a cup of chopped red bell peppers.
- Oregano – Season the Cajun gravy with a teaspoon of oregano.
- Thyme – Adding thyme powder will bring out sharp and minty flavors to the gravy.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika adds smoky flavor to the Cajun gravy.
- Cayenne Pepper – Spice up the Cajun gravy with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- White Pepper – For seasoning, the gravy adds a pinch of white pepper. It is comparatively spicier than black pepper.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will enhance the aromatic blend of flavors.
- Tabasco Sauce – The tabasco sauce heats up the gravy and modifies the spicy flavors.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce for flavoring the gravy.
Steps To Make Popeyes Cajun Gravy
In a skillet, add diced onions, celery, and red bell peppers. Season it with salt and saute them for 2-3 minutes. Keep the sauteed veggies aside. In the same saucepan add butter, flour, and bacon grease. Let it melt and cook until you see a peanutty brown texture. Add the sauteed veggies once you see the brown glaze texture. Give them a nice stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Spice Inclusion
Now, it’s time to incorporate the spices into the Cajun gravy. Start with the Cajun spice mix that includes paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, celery, salt, white pepper, and powdered thyme. Stir well until it is combined together.
3. Simmer The Flame
Add ground beef, veal stock, a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and tabasco sauce. Stir evenly and bring it to a boil until the gravy is thickened.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Popeyes Cajun Gravy Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes Cajun looks thick, glazy, and warm. It is a delicious gravy that can be served with a lot of side dishes. Just like Popeyes, we tried the Cajun gravy with mashed potatoes. The consistency of the gravy looks incredible. Thickened and flavorful Cajun gravy is enhanced with well-blended spices.
Popeyes Cajun Gravy Recipe
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Bacon Grease
- 1 cup Veal Stock
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- ½ cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- In a skillet, add diced onions, celery, and red bell peppers. Sason it with salt and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the sauteed veggies from the skillet.
- In the same pan, add butter, flour, and bacon grease.
- Let it melt and cook until you see a peanutty brown texture.
- Put the sauteed veggies once you see the brown glaze texture. Give them a nice stir and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Incorporate the Cajun spices to the pan. A teaspoon of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, white pepper, and powdered thyme will enhance the flavors.
- Bring it to a boil until the gravy is thickened.
- Add ground beef, veal stock, a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and tabasco sauce.
- Serve hot with your favorite dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Popeyes Cajun gravy made of?
Popeyes Cajun gravy is prepared by using onions, celery, bell peppers, Cajun spice mix, flour, butter, bacon cheese, veal stock, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Is Popeyes Cajun gravy vegetarian?
Popeyes Cajun gravy is non-vegetarian. It includes veal stock and bacon cheese which makes it a non-vegetarian gravy.
3. What is Cajun Spice mix made of?
Cajun spice mix includes paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, white pepper, and powdered thyme.
4. How much is gravy at Popeyes?
Popeyes Cajun gravy is served in different sizes. The regular with beans and rice costs you $1.79 and the large with mashed potatoes costs $3.99.
What are you waiting for? Follow the recipe and prepare copycat Popeyes Cajun Gravy at home right away! Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.