Hello there! Are you searching for some unique and flavorful dips for your party? Stop here because I have a creamy and delicately flavored lobster dip recipe for you.
I have not started to explain to you what this recipe brings along, but my mouth has already started watering thinking about it. That’s because this dip includes a great list of ingredients.
So, let’s take a look at the ingredients first. To make lobster dip, you will need lobster meat, minced onion, cream cheese, lemon juice, butter, and horseradish sauce.
The lobster dip is probably one of the easiest dips there is. All you have to do is mix these ingredients together and dig in! Sounds super simple right?
Next, you transfer the lobster dip to a bowl and arrange some chips and crackers around it. You’ll have a dip that yields two cups of dip sufficient for 16 people.
This recipe is unique in many ways. Firstly, it is a seafood dip. Secondly, it’s not a common dip that you will find at every party. To make your holiday get-togethers super hit, you must try this lip-smacking lobster dip recipe.
Before you read out the entire recipe, check out other lobster dishes from the main course section of our blog.
What's In The Post
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Orange Marmalade Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pesto Sauce Recipe
- Salsa Casera Recipe
- Salmorejo Recipe
- Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
- Truffle Sauce Recipe
- Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Bacon Gravy Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Lobster Dip At Home?
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix the ingredients to make lobster dip.
- Mixing Spoon – A spoon will help you combine the dip ingredients.
- Food Wrap – A food wrap will be required to cover the bowl before refrigerating.
- Refrigerator – Lobster dip tastes cold when best. You will need a refrigerator to chill the dip and prevent it from getting spoiled.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Lobster Dip At Home?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Lobster Dip At Home?
- Lobster Meat – To make lobster dip, you need seven ounces of lobster meat, drained and flaked.
- Onion – To add an umami flavor to the dip, you will add one tablespoon of minced onion.
- Lemon Juice – Citrus flavors compliment the taste of lobster. So, you will need one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Cream Cheese – To make the dip creamy, you will need 8 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- Butter – Butter adds a delicious flavor to food. You will need four tablespoons of softened butter.
- Horseradish – To add a kick of spice, we will also add one teaspoon of horseradish sauce.
Steps To Make Lobster Dip At Home
1. Prepare The Dip
There’s just one step to make this lobster dip. Take a medium bowl and combine the lobster meat, minced onion, lemon juice, cream cheese, butter, and prepared horseradish. Mix the ingredients until you achieve a smooth consistency.
2. Chill The Dip And Serve
Cover the lobster dip bowl with food wrap. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for chilling. Serve with chips, crackers, or anything of your choice.
What To Serve With Lobster Dip?
The lobster dip is flavorful and goes very well with many food items. You can serve it with tasty snacks and drinks mentioned below.
- Crackers – Plain salted crackers pair well with all kinds of dips. So, get a packet of plain crackers to serve with lobster dip. This is the best pairing that lets you enjoy the maximum flavors of lobster dip.
- Tortilla Chips – Tortilla chips are crisp and crunchy. You can serve lobster dip alongside tortilla chips for a great combination of textures.
- Baguette – Baguette slices are a filling and tasty snack. They can be served with lobster dip.
- Veggies – Fresh and crisp vegetable crudites are a great combination with dips. Make veg meet non-veg by pairing lobster dip with your favorite vegetables.
- Beer or White Wine – You can pair lobster dip and other nick-nacks with a chilled beer or white wine. The flavor combination will be one to remember.
Lobster Dip Variations
The above-mentioned lobster dip recipe is flavorful and creamy, but there’s much more you can do with it. Below is a list of ingredients you can add to make this dip more interesting.
- Herbs – Fresh herbs are always a great addition to food items. They add a unique flavor to the dish and bring freshness to it. The best fresh herbs to pair with lobster are dill, tarragon, parsley, and chives.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream has a milky rich flavor with a slight acidic tang. This combination works well with lobster meat. You can add one-third cup of sour cream to your lobster dip.
- Cheese – Cheese pairs beautifully with the subtle flavors of lobster meat. If you like cheesy, add some grated parmesan, cheddar, or gruyere cheese to the dip.
Dijon Mustard – If you enjoy the sharp flavors of mustard, you can add a dash of dijon mustard to lobster dip. Remember, a dash of this mustard goes a long way.
|Saturated Fat||4.9 g|
How Will The Lobster Dip Look And Taste Like?
The lobster dip is ah-mazingly delicious! The lobster dip looks mainly white because of the cream cheese and butter.
The red of the lobster peeks through here and there. All the flavors of the lobster dip complement each other rather than overpowering it.
The horseradish and onion add intense flavors to the dip. The cream cheese and butter subdue them making all the brave flavors blend perfectly.
I would suggest you give this dip a night so the flavors get to know each other well. Enjoy it with the serving ideas shared above.
Lobster Dip Recipe
- Mixing Spoon
- Food Wrap
- 1 (7-ounce) Lobster Meat (drained, flaked)
- 1 tablespoon Onion (minced)
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Take a medium bowl and combine the lobster meat, minced onion, lemon juice, cream cheese, butter, and prepared horseradish.
- Mix the ingredients until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Cover the lobster dip with a food wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for chilling. Serve with chips, crackers, or anything of your choice.
This was the recipe for the easy-to-make lobster dip. Make it at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is a lobster dip made of?
Mix lobster meat, minced onion, lemon juice, cream cheese, butter, and horseradish sauce in a medium bowl.
What do you eat with lobster dip?
You can serve tortilla chips, baguette slices, vegetable crudites, and plain crackers with lobster dip.
What is the texture of lobster dip?
Lobster dip is creamy in texture.