You know the KFC crispy fried chicken recipe and the KFC chicken drumsticks recipe. But now it’s time to make the KFC crispy chicken tenders. The KFC crispy chicken tenders are juicy chicken strips covered in a spicy and crispy breading. They are really easy to make, and I will tell you how you can make them at home.
To make the KFC crispy chicken tenders, you need boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Cut the breast into thin, long strips. After that, marinate them in buttermilk and a hot sauce mixture. This makes them flavorful, mildly spicy, and juicy. This also helps the first coat of breading stick better. Marinate the chicken for at least half an hour. If you want the ultimate taste, I recommend marinating it for 2 hours.
Once the chicken is marinated, dip it in seasoned flour, beaten egg, and seasoned flour. After it’s covered with plenty of breading, all there’s left to do is fry it to a rich golden brown. That’s how simple it is to make KFC like crispy chicken tenders at home. Let me tell you about this recipe in detail. Here’s how you can make the KFC crispy chicken tenders at home. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Bowl – KFC bowl is a comforting food bowl to satiate your hunger. This bowl has fried chicken, gravy, cheese blend, and corn. It also has tender potatoes mashed with butter, milk, and salt. Then these mashed potatoes are assembled with chicken popcorns, corns and finished with shredded cheese.
2. KFC Crispy Fried Chicken – KFC crispy fried chicken has is coated with the herbal and spicy flavors of KFC’s 11 secret spices. This chicken is breaded and deep fried until it is crispy and golden brown. This pieces of chicken thigh are dredged in the egg mixture and then coated with the flour mixture. This dish has the herbal spicy essences of KFC’s secret spic mix with mild sweetness from brown sugar.
3. KFC Gravy – KFC gravy is made from smooth and flavorsome roux. This gravy has the flavors of butter, onion, and seasoning spices. It can be enjoyed with chicken, beef, or can be drizzled over the KFC bowl, or mashed potatoes. This gravy gives rich umami essence to the dish it’s paired with.
4. KFC Chicken Nuggets – KFC chicken nuggets are bite-sized fried chicken pieces. These chicken bites are crispy and filled with the flavors of egg mixture and hot sauce. You can enjoy these spicy chicken nuggets as appetizer with you meal. This dish is served with a ketchup, dip, or BBQ sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders?
- Large Bowls – You’ll be needing three bowls for this recipe. One for the buttermilk marinade, second for the milk and egg mixture, and the third for the seasoned flour.
- Deep Fryer – Fry your tenders to a crisp in a deep-fryer.
- Paper Towels – Use the paper towels to drain excess oil from the fried chicken tenders.
- Whisk – Whisk away the batter to form proper consistency.
- Knife – Use the knife to cut the chicken strips.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders?
- Chicken Breasts – Take four skinless and boneless chicken breasts and cut them into 4 long chicken strips each.
- Canola Oil – Use canola oil for frying your chicken tenders.
- Flour – Mix the flour with the dry rubs to prepare the coating of the chicken.
- Baking Powder – Adding baking powder to the dry rubs will result in crispy coating.
- Water – Dip the chicken filets into the water for coating and then put it back to the dry mix.
- Buttermilk – Dip the chicken breasts into the buttermilk mixed with a tablespoon of hot sauce.
- Hot Sauce – Marinade the chicken by mixing buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Season the coating mix with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Smoked Paprika – Add some heat to the coating mix with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste to the coating mix.
- Black Pepper – Season the chicken tenders coating with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders
1. The Three Big Bowls
To make the marinade, mix buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. Then, marinate the chicken strips in it for half an hour. Take another bowl and beat an egg in it. In a third bowl, add flour, baking powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt and mix them. You are all ready to make the chicken tenders now.
2. Into The Seasoned Flour
When your chicken is marinated, dredge them in the seasoned flour. After that, dip them in the water and dredge them in the seasoned flour once again. This will help maximum breading to stick to the chicken tenders and thus help achieve maximum crispiness.
3. Fry, Fryer, Fryest…
Then, heat canola oil in a deep-fryer to a temperature of 350℉. Place the chicken tenders in the fryer basket and gently lower them in the oil (the keyword here being ‘gentle’).
Fry the chicken tenders for 5 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown. Then, take them out and drain the excess oil over paper towels. Your delicious KFC crispy chicken tenders are ready! Serve them with your favorite dips and sauces.
How Will The KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders Look And Taste Like?
The KFC crispy chicken tenders look golden and crispy. The chicken is juicy and a little spicy because of the hot sauce in the marinade. The crispy breading is spicy as well. You can serve them with your favorite dips.
KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 3 Large Bowls
- Deep Fryer
- Paper Towels
- Whisk and Knife
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (each cut into 4 long strips)
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Canola Oil (for frying)
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and hot sauce. Then, marinate the chicken strips in it for half an hour.
- Take another bowl and add half a cup of water to dip the chicken tenders. In a third bowl, add flour, baking powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt and mix them.
- When your chicken is marinated, dredge them in the seasoned flour. After that, dip them in the water and dredge them in the seasoned flour once again.
- Then, heat canola oil in a deep-fryer to a temperature of 350℉. Place the chicken tenders in the fryer basket and gently lower them in the oil.
- Your KFC chicken tenders are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are KFC chicken tenders?
KFC chicken tenders are juicy and crispy chicken tenders layered with crispy and spicy breeding.
What’s the difference between chicken strips and tenders?
Chicken tenders are specific muscle meat, whereas, chicken strips are strips of breast meat.
How long should you fry chicken tenders for?
Fry the chicken tenders for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
How do you keep breading when frying chicken?
Place the coated chicken tenders on a wire rack when frying. Placing them on a wire rack will not allow the breeding to fall off.
This was the whole recipe for the KFC crispy chicken tenders. Make these chicken tenders at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked them. See you next time with another recipe.