Today, I am back with another appetizing dip known as rajas con queso. The recipe is very famous in Mexico and pairs best with any kind of Mexican food, especially tortillas.
The main ingredient used in the dip is Poblano Chile which is a mild green chile. The word Rajas is a Spanish word meaning strips. I first tried it during my Mexico tour and while exploring different Mexican cuisines. Once you make the recipe, you are absolutely going to love it.
The first step involved in making rajas con queso is to roast and steam Poblano peppers. Now, cut them into strips and melt butter in a pan. Add onion and garlic to it. Now, add the peppers and corn to it. At last, add the cream and cheese and stir until cheese gets melted. Season and serve with tortillas.
This was just an overview of the cuisine and the whole recipe is mentioned below. So, make sure you got through the detailed recipe before making rajas con queso. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cucumber Mint Raita– This raita is very healthy and good for summers. It perfectly goes along with any kind of food such as biryani, parathas, or whatever you like.
2. Smoked Gouda Cheese– Gouda cheese is a yellow color cheese made from cow’s milk. The cheese has got a smooth texture and becomes hard when smoked. You can pair the recipe with mac and cheese.
3. Beer Cheese Dip– The taste of the dip will depend upon the type of beer you choose. Dark beers will produce a deep and bitter taste and light beers will produce light flavor.
4. Tamarind And Jaggery Chutney– Tamarind and jaggery chutney is a fusion of spicy, tangy and sweet flavors. The tamarind has a lot of sourness in it, so jaggery is added to balance it by adding a touch of sweetness.
Rajas Con Queso Recipe
- Plastic Bag
- 10 Peeled Pablano Chiles
- 1 White Onion (cut into strips)
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- ¾ cup Mexican Cream
- ¾ cup Oaxaca
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- 2 tsp Salt
- On medium heat, roast poblano peppers for 10 minutes.
- In a plastic bag, add roasted peppers to steam and peel the skin after steaming. Cut them into strips.
- In a pan, add butter and heat to melt butter.
- Now, add onion and garlic. Cook it for nearly 5 minutes.
- Add the poblano pepper strips and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Then, add the corn and cook for nearly 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir. Make sure the heat is turned off.
- Now, add the cheese and stir until it gets melted.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the mixture and stir for a minute.
- Serve with tortillas.
I hope you’ve liked this healthy recipe of rajas con queso and make this at your home. If you have any recipes like this that you want to be featured in the TheFoodXP blog, do let us know in the comments section below.