Are you bored of cooking chicken breasts in the same old boring way? Well, try to famous Alice Springs Chicken from the Outback menu. Today, you’ll be excited to know that I am going to tell you how you can make the exact copycat Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken at your home.
This copycat Outback recipe is very easy to make The chicken breast is marinated with spices and then fried. It is then topped with an amazing honey mustard dressing, mushrooms, bacon, and then cheese.
Once you try this Alice Springs chicken copycat recipe, you’ll think twice before making chicken breast the same old way.
Just look at the layers in this recipe. Another great part about this recipe is that it teaches you how to make the fresh honey mustard sauce at home. You can use it to top the chicken and also use it for further use for a simple salad dressing.
If you take out the time you need to marinate the chicken, the chicken gets ready in less than half an hour. You just need some patience while the chicken marinades and you’ll be rewarded with a heart-warming meal.
So, let me tell you how to make this Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken at home. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Outback Steakhouse menu.
1. Outback Steakhouse Steak Seasoning– Do you want to know the secret for the amazing steaks at the Outback Steakhouse? It’s their steak seasoning. The steak seasoning is blend of ground spices and seasonings that give the best possible flavor to your steak.
2. Outback Steakhouse Ranch– Need the recipe for Outback Steakhouse ranch dressing? Well, you are in luck because I have just that. This dressing is made with mayonnaise and then flavored with buttermilk, ranch mix, and ground spices. This is a great dressing for salad, chicken and even fries.
3.Outback Steakhouse French Onion Soup– The Outback Steakhouse French onion soup is nothing but a warm hug in a bowl. They call it the Walkabout soup at the restaurant so don’t get confused. It is rich, creamy, and cheesy. It is made by mixing cooked, sweet onions with a smooth cheesy sauce.
4. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Fried Chicken– Try the recipe for Outback Steakhouse bloomin fried chicken so you can make it whenever you crave it. Dip the chicken in an egg and buttermilk and then in the spicy breading that you use for the bloomin onion. Fry it up and serve with the bloomin sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken?
- Large Bowl- Marinate and keep the chicken in a large bowl. Let it chill there before it gets fried.
- Pan- The pan serves dual purposes here. First, fry the bacon in it. Drain and clean its grease. Then, use it to fry the marinated chicken.
- Blender- You want the honey mustard to be smooth. So, blend all of the ingredients for a smooth and lump-free dressing.
- Baking Pan- After you fry the chicken, place it in the baking pan and dress it up for baking it.
- Oven- You just bake the chicken for a brief time. Do it in the oven.
- Spoon and Spatula- Use the spoon to scoop the dressing in and out of the blender. The spatula is used for turning sides and picking up things.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Marinating Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken?
- Boneless Chicken Breasts- Use boneless chicken breasts because that’s what they use at the Outback Steakhouse. No questions asked.
- McCormick Season All- The Season All is a great spice blend that is great for seasoning meats. If you want to make your own, the Season All is made with salt, black pepper, chili, onion, paprika, garlic, celery seed, nutmeg, cumin, cardamom, and cloves.
- Bacon- Fry the bacon and top the chicken with slices of it.
- Mushrooms- Use sliced canned mushrooms to top the chicken. If you want, you can use fresh mushrooms but saute them in little oil before topping the chicken with them.
- Colby Jack Cheese- The Colby-Jack cheese is the mixture of two kinds of cheese; Monetary Jack and Colby. This gives a mild cheesy and nutty taste to the chicken.
- Parsley- Garnish the chicken with some parsley to give it a slightly herby taste.
For Honey Mustard:
- Mustard- Mustard makes the dressing tart in flavor. It also gives it a strong odor.
- Honey and Light Corn Syrup- This combination of sweeteners milds the taste of mustard so that the sharpness of the condiment is concealed.
- Mayonnaise- Mayonnaise also adds a sweet yet tangy flavor to the dressing. It also makes it creamy.
Steps To Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
1. An Hour Of Marination
You need to marinate the chicken so it is perfectly seasoned when you cook it. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and rub both of its sides with the Season All. Set it aside and let it marinate for one hour.
2. Killing Time
While the chicken is marinating, you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Heat a pan and cook the bacon in it from both sides. Then, set the bacon aside and drain the grease. Clean the pan for further use.
In a blender jar, add mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and corn syrup. Blend these ingredients until smooth. Also, drain the canned mushrooms if you haven’t yet. If you still have some time left, practice your drawing room dance routine.
3. It’s Time For Some Cookin’
Now, grease the pan lightly with some oil and cook the marinated chicken breasts in it from both sides until they are slightly golden in color. You don’t want the chicken to be dry.
Place the chicken in the baking pan. Spread the honey mustard on top of the chicken and also lay some mushrooms on top of it.
Now, slice the bacon and top the chicken with it. Lastly, add the shredded cheese to the top of the chicken. Place the baking pan in the oven and cook it at 350℉ for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese just melts. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 2-3 minutes and your delicious Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken is ready!
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
How Will The Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Look And Taste Like?
The chicken looked amazing and you can use the bubbly melted on top. On slicing it, you’ll find the beautiful layers hidden behind the melty flowy cheese. The tender white chicken, the creamy honey mustard, the soft mushrooms, crispy fried bacon, and of course the melted cheese.
This dish is a sight to behold. You can taste the spicy and juicy chicken and the tart, sweet, and creamy honey mustard. The soft mushrooms add an earthy taste and the bacon is just there to liven it up. The cheese is just your reward for being a good person.
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Baking Pan
- Spoon and Spatula
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 cup Canned Sliced Mushrooms (drained)
- 3 cups Colby Jack Cheese (shredded)
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Season All
- 2 teaspoons Parsley (chopped)
For Honey Mustard
- ½ cup Mustard
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and rub both of its sides with the Season All. Set it aside and let it marinate for one hour.
- Heat a pan and cook the bacon in it from both sides. Then, set the bacon aside and drain the grease. Clean the pan for further use.
- Now, grease the pan lightly with some oil and cook the marinated chicken breasts in it from both sides until they are slightly golden in color.
- In a blender jar, add mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and corn syrup. Blend these ingredients until smooth.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan. Spread this honey mustard on top of the chicken and also lay some mushrooms on top of it.
- Now, slice the bacon and top the chicken with it. Lastly, add the shredded cheese to the top of the chicken.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and cook it at 350℉ for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese just melts.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 2-3 minutes and your delicious Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken is ready!
This was all about the Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken. Make this layered chicken at home and tell me how well you loved it. See you next time. Happy eating!