Have you ever eaten a ranch-dressing salad from the Outback Steakhouse menu and thought, “Damn! I wish I could make this dressing at home.” Well, your dreams can come true. For I have brought you the copycat recipe for the Outback Steakhouse ranch dressing. It is so simple that you can make it within 5 minutes (unless you are a sloth. Then, it might take you some time).
The ranch dressing is creamy, a bit tangy, and has the aroma and taste of ground spices. The creaminess and richness come from the mayonnaise and buttermilk. You can call these two the parent ingredients for this dressing. Then goes in the ranch dressing mix, which adds to the tang and creamy texture. The onion and garlic powder are responsible for the allium flavor and aroma of the dressing. You’ll also find some paprika and cayenne, but that doesn’t make it too hot to handle.
This dressing goes great with salad, veggies, chicken tenders, and even cheese fries. So, let me tell you this easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy recipe for the Outback Steakhouse ranch. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Outback Steakhouse menu.
1. Outback Steakhouse Steak Seasoning– Do you want to know the secret for the amazing steaks at the Outback Steakhouse? It’s their steak seasoning. The steak seasoning is blend of ground spices and seasonings that give the best possible flavor to your steak.
2.Outback Steakhouse French Onion Soup– The Outback Steakhouse French onion soup is nothing but a warm hug in a bowl. They call it the Walkabout soup at the restaurant so don’t get confused. It is rich, creamy, and cheesy. It is made by mixing cooked, sweet onions with a smooth cheesy sauce.
3. Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken– Upgrade your chicken breast with this Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken. The chicken is marinated in spices. Then, it is pan-fried and topped with honey mustard, mushrooms, bacon, and cheese. All of this is then baked to make this perfect dish
4. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Fried Chicken– Try the recipe for Outback Steakhouse bloomin fried chicken so you can make it whenever you crave it. Dip the chicken in an egg and buttermilk and then in the spicy breading that you use for the bloomin onion. Fry it up and serve with the bloomin sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Ranch?
- Medium Bowl- Take a medium-sized bowl and beat-drop everything into it to make a delicious ranch dressing that also moonlights as a dip.
- Whisk- The whisk helps with the frisky business of whisking everything.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Ranch?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Ranch?
- Mayonnaise- The mayonnaise makes the creamy base for the dressing.
- Buttermilk- The buttermilk not only dilutes the dressing but also gives it a rich flavor.
- Ranch Dressing Mix- The ranch dressing makes the dressing slightly tangy and sweet.
- Ground Spices (Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder)- These spices give the ranch dressing an allium flavor that goes great with salads.
- Paprika and Cayenne Pepper- This duo adds hotness to the dressing but doesn’t make it too spicy.
Steps To Make Outback Steakhouse Ranch
1. On The Ranch
Take a medium bowl and add the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix to it. Then, pour the buttermilk into the bowl. After that, add black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Then, whisk everything together until combined.
Now, all there’s left to do is chill it for an hour or two and use it. Yup, all you have to do is get some ingredients and whip them together. You can drink this dressing now all you want (if anyone asks, I don’t endorse it).
|Saturated Fat||2.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||7.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.8 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
How Will The Outback Steakhouse Look And Taste Like?
The dressing has a slight orange tint because of the cayenne and paprika. The ground spices also peek out from the white veil of mayonnaise and buttermilk. The dressing is creamy and herby. It also has a distinct tang and a slightly sweet undertone. The onion and garlic flavors are prominent and very welcome. Enjoy this delicious ranch dressing at home when you feel too tired to drive to an Outback Steakhouse.
Outback Steakhouse Ranch Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 (1-oz) package Ranch Dressing Mix
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix. Pour the buttermilk into the bowl. After that, add black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk them until everything is well combined. Then, cover and refrigerate the dressing for an hour and two and it will be ready to use.
So, this is how you make the Outback Steakhouse ranch dressing at home. Try it and tell me how well you liked it in the comments. Happy cooking!