It’s hard to find a quick and easy recipe that’s deliciously healthy and tempts kids to gulp down more proteins. In that case, shrimp is the best option. How about trying famous Chili’s spicy garlic and lime shrimp? Well! Not just kids but everyone likes Chili’s and its famous dishes. The recipe for Chili’s spicy garlic and lime shrimp is super easy and this dish is filled with nutrition and flavors.
Chili’s spicy garlic and lime shrimp are flavored with, as the name suggests, garlic and lime. These shrimp are coated with a herbal and spicy spice blend. These shrimp can be paired with a condiment or these can be enjoyed as an appetizer. Keep a close watch on the shrimp while frying them to avoid overcooking the shrimp.
You’ll find the list of equipment and ingredients here along with the recipe instructions, just keep reading. As you follow the instructions, you’ll be left with scrumptious crispy shrimp that you might have enjoyed at Chili’s. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. 1. Chili’s Ranch Dressing– Chili ranch dressing has mayonnaise and sour cream mixed with buttermilk and pickle juice. This ranch dressing is spiced up by adding garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt. Dried parsley adds a fresh aroma and herbal flavor to it.
2. Chili’s Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas– Chili’s chicken bacon ranch quesadillas has a delicious mixture of chopped chicken and bacon sandwiched between tortillas. These quesadillas have bacon and chicken mixture mixed with ranch and Cheddar cheese.
3. Chili’s Black Beans– Chili’s black beans are loaded with the flavors of spices added. This dish has soft black beans cooked and mixed with spices like garlic powder, cumin powder, pepper, and salt. It can be enjoyed with any main course dish.
4. Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce– Chili’s honey chipotle sauce is a delicious blend of honey and barbecue sauce mixed with chipotles powder. It has orange juice and lime juice for fruity-citrusy lift. It has ground red pepper added to it for extra spiciness.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp?
- Bowl- Use a small bow to prep the spice blend for this recipe.
- Saute pan- Use a saute pan to cook the shrimp for this recipe.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to cook the shrimp. You can also use kitchen tongs to turn over the shrimp while cooking them in the pan.
- Spoon- Mix the spices in the spice blend using a spoon.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp?
- Salt- Salt is the basic seasoning ingredient in the spice blend. Add about a three-fourths teaspoon of salt to the spice blend for this recipe.
- Black pepper- Black pepper is another key ingredient for the spice blend. Black pepper adds heat and spiciness to the shrimp. I’ve used a one-fourth teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper for this recipe.
- Cayenne pepper- To add more heat to the shrimp, add a one-fourth teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the spice blend.
- Parsley flakes- Parsley adds a herbal and earthy flavor. Use a one-fourth teaspoon of dry parsley flakes to the spice blend.
- Garlic Powder- Garlic adds a basic seasoning flavor to the shrimp. Add a one-fourth teaspoon of garlic powder to the spice blend for this recipe.
- Paprika- If you want the shrimp to be spicy hot, don’t forget to add paprika to the spice blend. I’ve used a one-fourth teaspoon of paprika for the shrimp.
- Thyme- Add dried thyme to have an aromatic flavor in the shrimp.
- Onion Powder- Onion powder adds a slightly sweet and onion-like flavor to the shrimp.
- Butter- Cook the shrimp in two tablespoons of butter. Butter caramelizes the spices over the shrimp and adds more flavor to it.
- Garlic Clove- Add a garlic clove to the butter in the pan to cook the shrimp in garlic-flavored butter.
- Shrimp- Shrimp is the soul of this recipe. I’ve used about one pound or 24 fresh large peeled shrimp for this recipe.
- Lemon- Spicy garlic and lime shrimp recipe is incomplete without garlic and lime. For lime, use one lemon for this recipe to have a lemony twist in this dish.
Steps To Make Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp
1. Prep The Seasoning Blend
Take a small bowl and add all the spices like black pepper, cayenne pepper, fry parsley leaves, garlic powder, paprika, onion, dry thyme, and salt to it. Mix them to make the spice blend.
2. Saute The Shrimp And Serve
Melt butter in a saute pan and add garlic to it. Let it brown and then add shrimp. Squeeze half lemon over the shrimp and add the spice blend to the pan. Stir to coat the shrimp with the spices. Now, cook the shrimp on both sides over medium heat for about 8 minutes until the shrimp start turning brown.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||225 IU|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|
How Will Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp Look and Taste?
There you go! The delicious Chili’s spicy garlic and lime shrimp are crispy brown shrimp caramelized with garlic-flavored butter. These shrimp have the flavors of spice blend infused in them. The spice blend has the flavors of garlic, onion, cayenne, pepper, paprika, and salt. Enjoy these shrimp as an appetizer or with a spicy condiment.
Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp Recipe
- Saute Pan
- Kitchen Tongs
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (peeled)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Clove (pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Dry Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices like black pepper, cayenne pepper, fry parsley leaves, garlic powder, paprika, onion, dry thyme, and salt to make the spice blend.
- Now, melt butter in a saute pan and add garlic to it. As it turns brown, add shrimp. Squeeze a half lemon over shrimp and add the spice blend. Stir them to coat the shrimp with the spices. Keep cooking the shrimp on both sides for about 8 minutes over medium heat until the shrimp turn brown.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Tell me in the comments below about it and try our other recipes too.